I'm considering a TV + PS3 offer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm considering a TV + PS3 offer.

There's this insane offer for a TV + PS3 on one of the Norwegian webshops. The TV is a SONY KDL40D3550AEP. I'm always skeptical about superdeals, and I have to admit that I'm afraid that this TV is a bad model. From a marketing point of view, this is a brilliant way to dump the bad models from the good manufacturers.
    Click here to go directly to the offer, but it's in in Norwegian.

I can't find shit about SONY KDL40D3550AEP either.

This is the info it says on the site the offer is on:

40" Full HD D3550 LCD Sony BRAVIA TV features stunning 6.2 mega pixel resolution, BRAVIA Engine picture enhancement technology, 24p True Cinema to create a realistic cinema experience at home and 2 HDMI inputs for easy connectivity to High Definition sources such as Blu-Ray

* 6.2 Mega Pixel resolution and BRAVIA Engine for enhanced picture clarity and definition
    * Live Colour Creation producing vibrant and natural colours
    * HD 1080p compatible to display High Definition signals in breathtaking quality, i.e. Playstation 3, Blu-Ray, etc.
    * 2 x HDMI inputs for easy connectivity
    * 24p True Cinema to experience home cinema exactly as the director intended
    * BRAVIA Theatre Sync enabling you to operate your TV and entire home cinema system by pushing one button
    * Built-in Digital TV terrestrial tuner (also receives analogue)
    * Photo TV HD technology for viewing high-resolution digital still photographs in optimal quality
    * S Force Front Surround creating the effect of full surround sound from just 2 front speakers
    * Audio Description compatible allowing for blind or partially sighted people to follow television programmes (available in selected countries)
    * Can be wall-mounted using bracket SU-WL500 (optional)
    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

I think it looks like a good offer o/
    https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
    1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
    1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
    1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
    1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
    1:soild>they can say what they like
    1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
    1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Looking up the TV on Amazon..

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...+KDL40&x=0&y=0

Looks to be positive reviews for all the models. I think you're set.
      DELETED

Comment

how much are they charging for the tv and the ps3?
        My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

2351$

A PS3 alone costs 723$ here.

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Well, do remember this. The 2008 models are coming out in march. So in 1 month you can have better technology and the tv will be cheaper.

Plus alot of people make the mistake of buying a wat to big of a screen which will do LESS good than a smaller size, depending on your viewing distance. 40" is great, but not if your 3 meters away from your screen. ND (normall definition....tv quality and dvd's) will have the opposite effect. Images will look BAD unless you have a distance.

Me, personally, am going to skip all the deals and wait a month. I can't deside between a 32" or go the 'consuming' way and get the 37". I'm 3.5 meters away from the tv. And I don't want a tv to be the eye catcher in the house. 1080p is only usefull for a 37" if your like 0.5 meters away (and who does that?). Alot of HD content (tv or download) is in 720p format. So with a 1080p your tv will have to upscale, which will be worse quality per definition, than playing 720p content on a 720p tv.

Hope this helps you because i've been reading alot about it lately.

Comment

It does, thank you.

Comment

Samsung makes the best LCD Tvs
                Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by SEAL View Post
                  Plus alot of people make the mistake of buying a wat to big of a screen which will do LESS good than a smaller size, depending on your viewing distance. 40" is great, but not if your 3 meters away from your screen. ND (normall definition....tv quality and dvd's) will have the opposite effect. Images will look BAD unless you have a distance.

Me, personally, am going to skip all the deals and wait a month. I can't deside between a 32" or go the 'consuming' way and get the 37". I'm 3.5 meters away from the tv. And I don't want a tv to be the eye catcher in the house. 1080p is only usefull for a 37" if your like 0.5 meters away (and who does that?). Alot of HD content (tv or download) is in 720p format. So with a 1080p your tv will have to upscale, which will be worse quality per definition, than playing 720p content on a 720p tv.

Hope this helps you because i've been reading alot about it lately.
                  what in the name of god? 3 meters viewing distance for a 40" is too little?
                  3 meters is too much. at 3 meters and a 40" tv your eyes cant differentiate between the pixels at 720p, even less so at 1080p, you should be sitting much closer than 3m if you dont want to pay money for a resolution you cant even see.

Recommended viewing distance for a 50" is 3 meters.

also, 1080p + a 37" is money wasted, on a screen under 47" it'l be nigh on impossible to tell the difference between 1080p and 720p without having your nose glued to the tv set.

your second tidbit confuses me, first, why do you have to upscale? any 1080p tv will do 1080i, 720p, 480i and 480p without any problems, so you can watch in their "native" res.

secondly, whats wrong with upscaling? a good video processor will actually make your 480i/p 720p, 1080i source look much better, and will do it accurately to 1080p, which is a win win situation.
                  Displaced> I get pussy every day
                  Displaced> I'm rich
                  Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
                  Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
                  Thors> prolly
                  Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

Learn to read, Sherlock. You are writing exacly what i just wrote...

Originally posted by Displaced View Post
                    what in the name of god? 3 meters viewing distance for a 40" is too little? 3 meters is too much. at 3 meters and a 40" tv your eyes cant differentiate between the pixels at 720p, even less so at 1080p, you should be sitting much closer than 3m if you dont want to pay money for a resolution you cant even see.
                    I'll quote myself.
                    40" is great, but not if your 3 meters away from your screen. ND (normall definition....tv quality and dvd's) will have the opposite effect. Images will look BAD unless you have a distance.

So im telling 2 things.
                    1. with 40", you will need to be closer to the tv to see the benefits of 1080p.
                    2. being with 3 meters and 40", ND will be bad quality, since you need more distance. It's like sitting with your nose into CRT tv's.. you will see the pixels.

Recommended viewing distance for a 50" is 3 meters.
                    Indeed. Added note, only to experiance 1080p. Otherwise, see point 2 above.

also, 1080p + a 37" is money wasted, on a screen under 47" it'l be nigh on impossible to tell the difference between 1080p and 720p without having your nose glued to the tv set.
                    exacly my point. As i quote myself again:
                    "1080p is only usefull for a 37" if your like 0.5 meters away (and who does that?)"

your second tidbit confuses me, first, why do you have to upscale? any 1080p tv will do 1080i, 720p, 480i and 480p without any problems, so you can watch in their "native" res.
                    secondly, whats wrong with upscaling? a good video processor will actually make your 480i/p 720p, 1080i source look much better, and will do it accurately to 1080p, which is a win win situation.
                    what i mean is if the content (lets say 720p) is not the same as your tv (lets say 1080p) then there will have to be some converting done by the processor of the tv. Which is always worse then playing the content one on one. (720p content to 720p tv). Purely for the fact that it has to be converted. The question is, how good are those processors. (i dont know, haven't researched that part).

About what i meant, about getting a 37". We (ahum, read: she) don't want a bigger screen than 37", because a tv shouldn't be too much of an eye-catcher in the house. HELL, it's even going to be in a corner. Bad, bad. bad, for the surround, but "we" don't even want it on one of the fireplaces. So that pretty much excluded the (philips) ambi-lights on tv's. Then,
                    Should i specificly find a 37" 720p, or just get one which does 1080p. IMO, the better option is a 720p, on a 37", given the fact I sit 3.5 meters away from it. But then again, it hardly mathers in price anymore, so why not just get the 1080p while you're at it? I'm pretty sure the up/downscaling is pretty good slash non noticable.
                    What do you think?

ps. and yes galli, ive got my eyes set on the samsungs too. the new models are look good (search on internet). I'm gonna wait and see the specs of lc, samsung, sony, panasonic. then view in them in real life at the RAF store. The Loewe ones are really nice too, but i aint spending 2500 euros on a 37 inch...

pps. oh and I definiately want 100hz or 120hz for fast moving material (football or so).
                    Last edited by SEAL; 02-09-2008, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Its the 40GB PS3, not the 60GB, if that is a big factor for you
                      Originally posted by Facetious
                      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
                        2351$

A PS3 alone costs 723$ here.
                        is that USD? cuz if so...damn, ps3 is 300 here. and you can get a nice 65 inch samsung with 2351 USD.
                        4:BigKing> xD
                        4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                        4:BigKing> what did i do???
                        4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                        4:BigKing> ???? why though
                        4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                        4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Why don't you use your money to improve your living situation?... if you haven't already.
                          Originally posted by Noah View Post
                          I live in a house divided into three apartments, and we all share the same DSL line. The neighbors in the one apartment above me isn't very proficient with computers, they can seem somewhat dumb quite frankly. They just hog the bandwidth with max upload speeds at times, making my ping in games bad, and the internet sluggish. I have all the equipment in my apartment, including the master switch, giving me control to just drag out their cable when I really need to play. I have disconnected them before, resulting in some hasty footsteps above.

Apart from this, they seem like decent guys, so I don't want to fuck up too much for them, they are just clueless about computers.

What would you guys do?
                          Fix this first, then go buy your toys.

Comment

If you paid attention, he cant fix that with money really. And he doesn't want to leave that apartment.
                            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
                              If you paid attention, he cant fix that with money really. And he doesn't want to leave that apartment.
                              Exactly, I need to live centralized, and close to work. Anything else would be less room for more money. We've scared the guys above off the internet (lulz), so it's back to being good.

Anyway, it was just him trying to say something negative because I called him a moron in another thread.

I decided not to go for this offer, since I have the PC versions of most of the games, and there's still plenty of time to all the awesome PS3 exclusive games is out. It will probably be cheaper for both a TV and a PS3 then. Fucking Rock Band isn't out in Norway yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X