One out of hundred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zerzera View Post
    They signed up to be a soldier, how can they sign up for something completely different you douche. Oh, they signed up for the money? Now I can relate to drug dealers too, they never signed up to kill people, the poor bastards.
    Signing up to be a solider and signing up to be a soldier that got caught up in bad politics and a crappy war is two different scenarios. You think soldiers are killing machines who serve no other purpose then to kill.

What's the difference between that actor and those soldiers? They both made a decision they know could kill them, I only feel sorry for the innocent people that die. But a soldiers duty is to kill and die for their country, so why do I need to care about them when they had their moment of glory?
    Because restoring order isn't part of their job, you're right all they do is kill.

I already made it very clear many times how I feel about soldiers, and basically you do the same. You feel sorry for the situation they are in. At least I don't pretend that they didn't make that decision.
    Look, not everyone who is in the war believes in it, not everyone believed they would go to war when signing up. You can be cynical all you want but this are real people who might have made a bad decision. If you think it's right to mock the situation that these people are in then you're a jackass.

They decided they would give up their free will and values for the bonus they receive.
    Because the money is the only reason people signed up....

I just don't feel like being a hypocrite and pretend to them that I do support them now.
    I'm not asking you to support anything, I'm asking you to re-think your statement about how Heath Ledger's death is more important to you than someone who gave their life to their country.

It's called honesty, and it might suit you too.
    Honesty is accepting the fact that some of these people were in the military prior to Iraq. Honestly speaking, a lot of people didn't know that going to war with Iraq was a terrible idea. Honestly speaking these aren't all bad people, they do deserve a bit of respect for giving up their lives for their country regardless if you and me both know this was a terrible reason to go to war. I'm not asking you to praise them but treating these people like decent fucking human beings would be a start.
    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

• In the end Cops, they choose to join the Army, and if you are talking specifically about the US army, you would know that when signing up, chances are you are going to be fighting in a war. It is that simple. Now I am not going as far as zerz is, but it is their own choice and when you sign up to join the army you better be prepared to go to war, cause that is one of the most important parts about being in the army.
      Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

• Not to mention a lot of them a glad that they get to fight. Sure once the fighting goes on for a while they might not like it so much, just like we may grow tired of our own jobs. But I remember endlessly hearing before the fighting started that a lot of them were just happy to finally be there.

I know a few people in the Canadian army, and basically from what I get from them, that's their sentiment, not exactly happy to die or necessarily kill people, but happy to actually finally get to do what they trained all these years to do and signed up for.
        Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
        www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
        www.animeslice.com

Comment

• They thought they'd be doing a lot of good too, look at how that panned out. Soldiers aren't greedy killing machines like Zerz would like to think, some of them do this because they believe they can help people. I refuse to believe that it's wrong to pay some respect to these men and women who died doing their job.
          it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

• Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
            In the end Cops, they choose to join the Army, and if you are talking specifically about the US army, you would know that when signing up, chances are you are going to be fighting in a war. It is that simple. Now I am not going as far as zerz is, but it is their own choice and when you sign up to join the army you better be prepared to go to war, cause that is one of the most important parts about being in the army.
            While the US military is in fact a volunteer affair, many that signed up didn't get much of an option.

There's a reason our army is mostly brown.

I know you've caught a lot of flack for your views about America, so I'll spare the vindictiveness, but the truth is that only someone ignorant to socioeconomic culture in America would think that we're an army of the willing. Honestly, in modern times, we're mostly a military force of High School/College burnouts and minorities

edit: I forgot ex-cons. Geez, kinda unintentionally bringing the thread back on track.
            Last edited by Squeezer; 03-04-2008, 12:28 AM.
            Originally posted by Tone
            Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

• Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
              While the US is in fact a volunteer affair, many that signed up didn't get much of an option.

I know you've caught a lot of flack for your views about America, so I'll spare the vindictiveness, but the truth is that only someone ignorant to socioeconomic culture in America would think that we're an army of the willing. Honestly, in modern times, we're mostly a military force of High School/College burnouts and minorities

edit: I forgot ex-cons. Geez, kinda unintentionally bringing the thread back on track.
              That's a great point, can't they also give green cards to peoples families who join?

Comment

• Okay I tried to bring it back on topic with my last post but no one wants to listen. Most of what is even said here isnt based on facts. It's just random gibberish about the army being 'brown' and people signing up not having an option.
                I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

While the US military is in fact a volunteer affair, many that signed up didn't get much of an option.

I didn't mean it as something necessarily bad about America, I more it as in a look at the US History and you are pretty much guaranteed a war if you stay in the army long enough. I mean, Vietnam, Gulf War I, Gulf War II.. and probably some smaller stuff in places too.

And like I said before, I am critical about the US, I am also critical about the Netherlands, Europe as a whole, but that never really gets discussed here. And whether I like it or not, the US plays a big role in the world. There are good things about the US too, and sure, sometimes things I say turn out to be based on incorrect or false information, so correct me and move on.
                  Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Izor View Post
                    In what world do you live in that you get caught selling a fairly small amount of weed for personal use to some college/high school kid and get locked up for life? These are either several time offenders or ringleaders.
                    Did I say the amount of weed that was being sold? no, you just put fairly small amount to make yourself look right. No cop is going to be anal about a nick bag of weed.

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4516 (click each state for how many years you get for use/sale of marijuana)

Laws changed over time, so I will correct myself by saying that you can only get life in Nevada if you sell to a minor (second offense) or have over 10k pounds
                    sigpic
                    All good things must come to an end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Izor View Post
                      Okay I tried to bring it back on topic with my last post but no one wants to listen. Most of what is even said here isnt based on facts. It's just random gibberish about the army being 'brown' and people signing up not having an option.
                      Read this, it's from the New York Times. It IS based on fact, and relates exactly what I was trying to say. The volunteer aspect of this army is a sham. We are an army of people who had no other way out. I'm not saying that everyone who's there doesn't want to be, or didn't understand what they were getting themselves into, but you can't deny that the military is unfairly disproportionate, and largely supported by citizens trapped in poverty.

http://www.rcnv.org/rcnv/archives/20...mographics.htm

Then again, I'm sure you'll deny this evidence too, because we're all idiots who don't know better than you. I shouldn't have even tried...
                      Last edited by Squeezer; 03-05-2008, 04:53 PM.
                      Originally posted by Tone
                      Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Read this, it's from the New York Times. It IS based on fact, and relates exactly what I was trying to say. The volunteer aspect of this army is a sham. We are an army of people who had no other way out. I'm not saying that everyone who's there doesn't want to be, or didn't understand what they were getting themselves into, but you can't deny that the military is unfairly disproportional.

http://www.rcnv.org/rcnv/archives/20...mographics.htm

Then again, I'm sure you'll deny this again, because we're all idiots who don't know better than you. I shouldn't have even tried.
                        Interesting, but its obvious and its almost like that everywhere...

Just a little question: Did in the past, black people were allowed to be marines and work on important jobs in the army like today?

If not, it might give you another reason for this. There is nothing wrong that people see army as an option for life career. They can work their ass as citizens or do nothing and smoke pot all day, or they could draft for the army and succeed there. Its just one of the options they have...

Comment

• X Machine just gave me this video. He thinks that it makes the Dutch police look like a joke, but I think that they show rationality.

EDIT: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0a3_1204716874
                          Last edited by Zerzera; 03-06-2008, 04:39 AM.
                          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

• what video?

Comment

• what video?
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=c0Bf6YGbc1c
                              Last edited by Vykromond; 03-06-2008, 05:05 AM.
                              Originally posted by Ward
                              OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

• Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
                                what video?
                                Good point: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0a3_1204716874
                                You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Working...
                                X