No announcement yet.

Do you remember?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usually when someone 'totals' something, the cost of repairs exceed the cost of the car itself.

are you actually saying some dumbass spent 10 thousand dollars to repair a 2 grand machine?*

*i made those numbers up

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• No, he hardly spent anything, because he bought a parts car for $500 and fixed it up and did all the work himself. They didn't turn it in to the insurance company because they would have totaled it and taken it away. He races it so it would be too hard to find another car with all the mods they've done to it or to build another one from scratch.
      Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
      1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
      1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
      1:Chao <ER>> at all
      1:Mantra-Slider> chao
      1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
      Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
      Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

• ladies and gentlemen, you smell that?

it's
        Originally posted by Jeenyuss
        sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

• Not so much
          Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
          Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

• Originally posted by Pandagirl! View Post
            He races it so it would be too hard to find another car with all the mods they've done to it or to build another one from scratch.
            what did he do to the car, modification-wise? porsches aren't your average nissan 240sx - if anything, modifying a porsche would downgrade its performance. which is probably why he wrecked.
            Last edited by Jerome Scuggs; 04-28-2008, 05:00 PM.
            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

• I have no clue what he did; all I know is that his dad is like Jesus with cars.

And the reason he wrecked is simple. He was messing around in the school parking lot, driving with flipflops, and when he switched from the gas to the brake the flip flop got caught, causing his car to ramp up onto a hill and staircase.
              Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

• no, i'm talking about what jerome is talking about. even if you did spend the money to bring it back to working condition, it wouldn't be in racing condition, nor would it only cost 500$ if you "totaled" it.

if his dad is a god with cars, why would he drive a porsche from the 80s?
                sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

• It was a totaled car. There was a lot of cosmetic damage and the front axle snapped. There was probably more but that's what I know for sure. The engine and everything was fine.

They found another one, same model and year, that didn't work. They bought it for $500 and used it for the cosmetic parts and the axle and whatever else they needed. Then he just spent every waking hour working on fixing it. He loves fixing cars, so why not just fix his own?

So yea, it is in racing condition again, he won last week actually.

And it's because his dad collects cars. His Porsche corners really really well which is why he has it, even if it is from the 80s, because it's nearly impossible to beat him on the corners. And being a senior in high school, he can't exactly afford to buy one that's newer.
                  Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

• Originally posted by Pandagirl! View Post
                    I have no clue what he did; all I know is that his dad is like Jesus with cars.
                    ok, i'm just curious for personal reasons. i'm no 'jesus' myself, though as a redneck i have spent as much of my life under cars as i have driving them, even dating back to grade school when i would tinker with my go-kart. combine that with my natural ability to retain startling amounts of information, and i suppose that explains my curiosity.

but yeah, porsches are cars you don't mod unless you know what you're doing. could you ask this guy everything he did? unless they did some sort of full-body rebuild and retuning (which i doubt since you said he fixed it with a 'parts car'), i don't see how it would be worth the maintenance.

And the reason he wrecked is simple. He was messing around in the school parking lot, driving with flipflops, and when he switched from the gas to the brake the flip flop got caught, causing his car to ramp up onto a hill and staircase.
                    oh, yeah. one of my ex-girlfriends was taking my best friend's truck out to grab some food, and she slipped and hit gas instead of brake. except she was in reverse, pulling out of the driveway... and her car was parked across the street. so she managed to wreck her car (without being in it) and my best friend's truck (without him being in it).

internet de la jerome

Comment

• oh and that Facebook group - that red porsche set as the group photo, is that his car?

because if so, forget the previous post, because that means this guy drives a 924, not a 911. 924's are entry-level and share parts with volkswagen, meaning it would be a decent car to tune

internet de la jerome

Comment

• Originally posted by DoTheFandango View Post
                        if his dad is a god with cars, why would he drive a porsche from the 80s?
                        my dad's been a mechanic for 23 years (give or take a few years) and I totally see a point for restoring old cars, a) they're badass b) you can buy them cheap and turn a huge profit. My dad's been able to pickup cars that need serious work for nothing and flip them and make some huge money.

Not saying that I believe anything else she's saying.

This is the most memorable car he owned, 1969 Camaro, the body looked 'okay' but the motor was shot and the interior was destroyed.

it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

• there's a difference between a 1969 Camaro and a hunko80'sjunk.

Comment

• there's a 69 camaro SS whose owner works at a place a few blocks away from my house.... it's fucking beautiful

why did your dad get rid of such a monumental piece of american engineering that is the one car i would still drive even with $7/gallon gas.

internet de la jerome

Comment

• sweet comaro
                              my dad is also a mechanic/engineer. He helped me build this when I was 16.

73 gts monaro

excuse the dusty engine bay.. it had been in storage for awhile due to suspended license... I lost my license for a year for speeding, then the day I got it back I lost it for another year..

atm its off the road, I'm going to get it resprayed mitsubishi-black mica with silver pearl and drop in a Ls-1 twin turbo and maybe pneumatic suspension.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                                there's a 69 camaro SS whose owner works at a place a few blocks away from my house.... it's fucking beautiful

why did your dad get rid of such a monumental piece of american engineering that is the one car i would still drive even with $7/gallon gas.
                                it was suppose to be mine, he left it at a shop he use to work at and never picked it up so they towed it, he left his job on bad terms. That's the story he gave me, but realistically I think he would still be able to get it even if they took it away. That's the thing with my dad, I don't think I'll get the real story out of him, every time I ask there's another side of the story.

Originally posted by TagMor View Post
                                sweet comaro
                                my dad is also a mechanic/engineer. He helped me build this when I was 16.

73 gts monaro
                                not to harp on my relationship with my father but he's ever helped me get my license or get a car, it just doesn't make sense because I'd love to help build/restore a car. I think he'll help me purchase a car when I can afford insurance but being a 20 year old male that cannot co-sign with him or my mother I can't realistically afford or justify spending $400 a month on insurance. I can't get my g2 because my mother is a third party on her car and my father lives like an hour and a half away from me. It's a catch 22 situation, I can't get co-signed nor can I get my license without having experience in a vehicle. I did driving school but you need more time in a car then just ten hours to get your g2.
                                Last edited by Cops; 04-29-2008, 03:55 AM.
                                it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Working...
                                X