X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by milosh View Post
    Fluffz, your logic just isn't logical.
    You are trying to call yourself a master in Biology, Meta-physics, Probability and what not. And now you try to claim you can judge people on the science of logic too?
    You are attacking the Evolution theory because the chance of life (as we know it) to emerge from this universe must be too slim to have happened.
    But, tell me please -do note, I am not attacking you (yet), I want answers from you so maybe I can share your beliefs.- what would the theory of this creator add to the probability of life (as we know it) to emerge?

You just added a convergence before the chain of life (as we know it) and say it makes it more probable, but how does it? This grand architect is more perfect than the entire human kind together, is it not less likely for a composition like that to occur?
    You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Guess what would have happened if one of the other 100 million semen got to the egg instead of me. You're right! A human baby that isn't me would have been born. You are starting to give me a headache.
      Actually in a way, you're showing how your calculation is just as full of holes.

Even if we can pretend that your numbers of 10^40000 is accurate (any equation with such large numbers could easily vary with only a VERY small change in starting variables which are all... assumptions), that only calculates the probability of everything working out exactly the way that we have it.

The point is, even minute differences might have still created life, just not in any way that we would recognize now, or perhaps with only very minor variances.

Fluffz's point is that even though there is such an infinitesimally small chance that you would exist right now, you exist and not another person in your place or whatever, and that is a FACT. That is what your equations refer to, that the chance of any one particular version of events would have worked out. But just as you have acknowledged that in any other way a human would have formed, perhaps in any other way life would have still formed, just not life in the way that you have imagined.
      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
      www.animeslice.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Zerzera View Post
        You are trying to call yourself a master in Biology, Meta-physics, Probability and what not. And now you try to claim you can judge people on the science of logic too?
        You are attacking the Evolution theory because the chance of life (as we know it) to emerge from this universe must be too slim to have happened.
        But, tell me please -do note, I am not attacking you (yet), I want answers from you so maybe I can share your beliefs.- what would the theory of this creator add to the probability of life (as we know it) to emerge?

You just added a convergence before the chain of life (as we know it) and say it makes it more probable, but how does it? This grand architect is more perfect than the entire human kind together, is it not less likely for a composition like that to occur?
        I don't have to tell scientists that God is outside of science because they already believe it. God cannot be explained by natural phenomena. You cannot describe God with measurements like distance or time. You cannot explain God's composition because it's not made of matter. The entire theory that God created the universe states that He is outside of us and greater than us. Something like that is just too big to wrap our minds around with science.
        SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
        SSCU Trench Wars Bot/Web Developer

Stayon> That type of thing, when you're married for 50 years but you know you fucked up when you dropped chilli sause on your elitist rich boss, while crossing the cafeteria's lunch zone, getting you fired, because you were distracted admiring the cleaning lady's ass that you beated off to, when your sluggish wife and two retarted kids were asleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
          my bloody valentine still sucks.

drugs or not.
          FUCK YOU HARD.
          WE WERE ONCE IN LOVE SQUEEZER.
          ONCE IN LOVE.

EDIT: ph, I didn't triple post, I just double posted.
          I declare myself my own state.
          Originally posted by Jeenyuss
          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

• Originally posted by DankNuggets View Post
            It doesn't assure ignorance. That is I'm assuming you don't believe everyone who believes in a higher power is ignorant. Because if you do, you are an arrogant fuck, and think of most of the world as ignorant. I'm sure many more intelligent people believe in a higher power. It's never been suggested that anyone should discontinue the search for the truth about our arrival or the advent of life. Never has anyone on this forum suggested that you should just take it as "god made it." Yeah for 1000 years people were in the dark, but then the Renaissance came. Surely you aren't suggesting it came about because people stopped believing in God? There's absolutely nothing to suggest that you can't believe in creation while at the same time earnestly trying to defraud it by scientific means. This is where you are becoming ignorant to assume that because someone believes in god, they aren't just as willing as YOU are to change there beliefs if presented with concrete scientific evidence.
            It actually does assure ignorance. Here's why.

His point isn't that 'well I can see that the preponderance of evidence points towards evolution being true, I just don't know how the starting conditions could have worked out without an intelligent designer', which I guess could be fine. His point is that all of creation, from the idea that any evolution has happened in the past (his monkeys->humans and wolves->whales example) cannot be true, and that all of life's constructs (his ideas about organs being so perfect the way they are) are just so amazingly complex that there has to be no other way than a designer making them for it to exist.

This is the basic argument of all people who subscribe to intelligent design, which is, the world is so complex right now, there's no way there's any other explanation other than the fact that someone created it all.

Whether or not certain individuals who subscribe to ID may or may not take it a bit further and at least try and explain individual processes without that cop out is irrelevant. Because in the end the entire Intelligent Design movement is really a politically and religiously motivated movement whose ideas become a way for creationists to justify the story of creation as described in the bible and to quash descent into this.

The entire idea of having intelligent design in the first place, is to attempt to instill enough legitimacy in a blatantly religious idea by shrouding it in fake scientific justification so that people who do not have the expertise or will to really search for the answers more would accept it at face value, and accept that some things don't need to be evaluated further, because what's the point, the answer is already out there.

That is what breeds ignorance and that is dangerous.

Personally I think religion should have no place in science. Science doesn't have all the answers including the fundamental answers of what came before the big bang, and what were the starting conditions necessary for life. For that I honestly have no answer, and don't mind for religion to step in because it fills a necessary void in our 'need to know'. But when religion tries to question well established research, data, and facts by disinformation and misdirection, that in itself I am strongly against.
            Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
            www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
            www.animeslice.com

Comment

• Originally posted by DoTheFandango View Post
              EDIT: ph, I didn't triple post, I just double posted.
              I declare myself my own state.
              yeah my bad, i just pasted the same warning to all 3 of you because honestly this thread is a colossal waste of time and i wanted to leave it asap.
              Originally posted by Tone
              It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
              Originally posted by the_paul
              Gargle battery acid fuckface
              Originally posted by Material Girl
              I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

• Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
                Actually in a way, you're showing how your calculation is just as full of holes.

Even if we can pretend that your numbers of 10^40000 is accurate (any equation with such large numbers could easily vary with only a VERY small change in starting variables which are all... assumptions), that only calculates the probability of everything working out exactly the way that we have it.

The point is, even minute differences might have still created life, just not in any way that we would recognize now, or perhaps with only very minor variances.

Fluffz's point is that even though there is such an infinitesimally small chance that you would exist right now, you exist and not another person in your place or whatever, and that is a FACT. That is what your equations refer to, that the chance of any one particular version of events would have worked out. But just as you have acknowledged that in any other way a human would have formed, perhaps in any other way life would have still formed, just not life in the way that you have imagined.
                hello quantum theory! this existence is the resultant of a series of events and choices, whether quantum theory is correct and a new universe is created for every possible choice that can be made (and is made in its own universe) is up to you...its mind boggling confusing crap thats hard to grasp... but our existence is a result of many events some of which we as ignorant humans and scientists may view as minute may end up resulting in a humongous change in the future. the fact is that we are.

and what is it with you people and not reading my posts, while you say the chances are very low i say the chances are very high, and yes as stated again earlier i already nullified ur stupid calculations, they dont belong here
                TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                Originally posted by kthx
                Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
                  Chaos is in everything and constantly increasing. The universe is filled with randomness. This does not make things more probable but less probable. The fact that I exist is an outcome of this randomness, but that doesn't make it probable. It really depends on your perspective. If I bought a lottery ticket it wouldn't make sense to after hearing that the winning numbers aren't mine say "What are the odds of me getting the exact ticket I'm holding in my hands? Whoaaaa." Chaos and probability are separate entities; you cannot mix the two.

EDIT: I'm really tired of this discussion: I make a few points, Epinephrine makes a large post with several paragraphs that all contain information that either misrepresents me or I disagree with, Fluffz says something nonsensical in a seemingly profound way, castromarx or DTF point and laugh, Summa says nothing applies to our understanding because of the quantum theory and I have to somehow defend my misrepresentations while answering questions that are better suited for professors of metaphysics and not post three times in a row. Can we end this discussion or at least agree to disagree on a few repeating points that continue to be recycled?
                  Last edited by milosh; 07-10-2008, 07:38 PM.
                  SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                  SSCU Trench Wars Bot/Web Developer

Stayon> That type of thing, when you're married for 50 years but you know you fucked up when you dropped chilli sause on your elitist rich boss, while crossing the cafeteria's lunch zone, getting you fired, because you were distracted admiring the cleaning lady's ass that you beated off to, when your sluggish wife and two retarted kids were asleep.

Comment

Chaos is in everything and constantly increasing. The universe is filled with randomness. This does not make things more probable but less probable. The fact that I exist is an outcome of this randomness, but that doesn't make it probable. It really depends on your perspective. If I bought a lottery ticket it wouldn't make sense to after hearing that the winning numbers aren't mine say "What are the odds of me getting the exact ticket I'm holding in my hands? Whoaaaa." Chaos and probability are separate entities; you cannot mix the two.
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory

learn your chaos theory, chaos theory predicts probabilities, hmmm i would say that is a close relationship and that they do mix, but thats just me (note: thats not the best source for learning chaos theory but i am lazy and didn't feel like finding a better one)

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

- John F. Kennedy

Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

• yea, regarding that 10^40,000, as far as i understood this random number is the chance of a modern form of life to randomly emerge out of a mess of atoms without any physical law applied. If i give you a bag of atoms, a spoon and a single try im quite sure there would be a lot of zeroes.

It means nothing realy. There are 10^10^10 possibilities for an apple to fly around randomly, but there is one possibility left after you apply physics and that is falling down towards gravity.

Comment

• milosh you say you're misrepresented when you're misrepresenting me?
                        all i'm saying is that your statistics are null because it is impossible to understand the starting conditions and variables exactly to calculate such a precise or even ball parked number, not to mention the equation for the development of life is beyond comprehension due to an infinite amount of variables. simply put, don't bring statistics that are based on speculation into this. and the rest is me just trying to set your facts straight and open your eyes to other possibilities. quantum theory being one of them. and i take my chaos theory very seriously, please get your facts straight in regards to it

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

• so, stark..did your friend enjoy the salsa?

Comment

• Originally posted by PH View Post
                            yeah my bad, i just pasted the same warning to all 3 of you because honestly this thread is a colossal waste of time and i wanted to leave it asap.
                            i am aware.
                            hense why i am more focused on MBV then the topic at hand.
                            so lets move on
                            pavement / stephen malkmus
                            do you enjoy?
                            Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                            sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

• [DJ Khaled:]
                              We the best def jam
                              I introduce you to Ace
                              Ace let's get money

[T-Pain & Rick Ross:]
                              Cash flow... (haha)
                              It's too easy ***** (bankroll)
                              We don't count money no mo
                              We weight that shit

[Adlibs: Rick Ross]
                              Let's get it...

[Verse: Ace Hood]
                              Ay knock knock, bang bang
                              Where the cash at
                              If u ain't got it leave you bloody like a tampax
                              Come up swinging at you thugs aflac
                              Then I fall in the sway black maybach
                              See I'm back for da money like I left dat
                              See I be runnin on the route where da cash go (where da cash go)
                              And any ***** interfering with the cash flow
                              So he can get pumped on like Citgo
                              Make his body bounce bounce like a 6 4
                              Tall clips chrome lips see the big gold
                              I'm a duffle bag boy like I move coke
                              Big crack threw tha music so the flow dope
                              I keep my money ova bitches til da door close
                              I need money like a bitch need dick mo
                              I'm tryna c it like a muhfuckin castro
                              Rubber bands in my pants and a swift bankroll

[Chorus: T-Pain]
                              One thing about me I don't play about mine
                              I be bangin on your front door with da nine
                              I'm a come see ya (see ya)
                              I'm a come see ya (see ya)
                              I need all my dough not a dolla short
                              And if u don't have it den u gotta go
                              I'm a come see ya(see ya)
                              (hey hey) We put our hands In da sky let em know dat we bout that
                              Cash flow... I need it on time I'mTalkin bank roll
                              (my money my money my money)
                              Cash flow... I need it on time
                              I'm talkin bank roll
                              (my money my money my money...)

Verse: Ace Hood]
                              And where my money young *****z gotta have that
                              Rubber bands by the grands in a big bag
                              Pockets fat like I'm carrying a backpack
                              A couple grand for the louie band napsack
                              Understand I'm the man who you can't match
                              Moneyman minivan full of brown bags
                              Better grand any man never top that
                              Cause money and the gat pop those straps
                              Getting loot in the top drop right back
                              I ain't playin creep ya avenue and I'll blast
                              Bust shots like a new year day blast
                              And I ride all day like a bus pass
                              Grindin hard for the bread and the cash flow
                              Kick doors wave 4's where da cash go (where da cash go)
                              I'm trying to see it like a mutha fuckin castro
                              Rubber bands in my pants and a swift bankroll
                              sigpic

Im gonna slash and gash, rip another hole in your ass.
                              I'll smear blood on the walls and then play
                              tennis with your balls, and if the phone rings dont answer the caLL.
                              im gonna slit yo throat, fuk u like a goat
                              i'LL rip yo fore skin off and make a winter coat. PEACE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Money View Post
                                so, stark..did your friend enjoy the salsa?

He said it was "not bad," which for him is pretty good. He doesn't eat hamburgers or hotdogs... Generally sticks to chicken.
                                1: Pasta <ER>> lol we are gona win this bd talking about porn on our squadchat

1:EpicLi <ZH>> but should i trust you, you are mean to the ppl
                                1:trashed> wha
                                1:EpicLi <ZH>> you will hack into my computer and steal my child porn
                                1:trashed> i am a very nice person actually.
                                1:trashed> i do not steal other's child porn
                                1:trashed> i download my own

sigpic

1:turmio> i was fucking certain that the first time she would touch me i would come

Comment

Working...
                                X