This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DoTheFandango View Post
    ph lock this shit, it's just turning into a flame war.
    no one here is going to turn the pope atheist and no one here is going to turn water into wine. everybody is stubborn everyone is ignorant and everybody will believe what they believe is true, no matter what. everyone shut the fuck up and leave, now.
    I SEE YOU'RE QUOTING CORINTHIANS
    Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

• in before lock
      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

• Originally posted by Saturn V View Post
        I SEE YOU'RE QUOTING CORINTHIANS
        Ahahah best post of this thread
        JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
        the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Ok Milosh, you're clearly a believer in the 'god of gaps', i.e. your only evidence for god is the limitations of science and logic. Which, may I say, is a rather pathetic position and one which does not promote positive, rational or coherent thinking.

Some of these questions are unanswerable, you're right. But why do you think for one moment that this gives weight to the idea of a celestial creator? This position only increases the burden upon reason as it asks us to believe that there exists a intelligent designer behind everything.

At most milosh, you can claim that there was a deistic god; a god which created the universe but plays no role in human affairs.

Moreover, you're logic does not support any of the claims made by religions. How does the fact that we cannot explain the preliminary stages of life support the idea that Jesus was born a virgin, for example? You don't get many religious people saying 'I believe in God because I find it possible to explain how the rules and maxims of this universe are so perfect'.

How did unicellular organisms develop into multi-cellular organisms? Seriously, how does a wolf turn into a whale and where are the transitional fossils?
          This is where you start to lose the battle, in disputing the theory of evolution. You cannot expect to find 'transitional fossils' for every evolutionary transition, this is unreasonable.

How did something as complex as the human eye or brain happen by chance mutations and reactions, much more life itself!?
          The complexity of the eye is something that many evolutionary biologists have explained. What started off as very sensitive cells, capable of differentiating shades of light, evolved slowly and incrementally into eye-like organs with optical fibres etc. Those species which had more optic sensitivity had vastly improved chances of survival and thus were much more likely to pass on their genes for future generations.

Comment

• alright this is over now.
            it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

• Originally posted by Saturn V View Post
              someone ?buy this man some logic classes
              I see that your completely ignorant mr startrek. Thank you though, for your concern. I will accept any gift u want to buy me with pleasure.
              RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                I see that your completely ignorant mr startrek. Thank you though, for your concern. I will accept any gift u want to buy me with pleasure.
                lrn2 NOT LOGICAL FALLACY

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_proof

Comment

he meant philosophical logic, as in how you are using argumentum ad ignorantiam to say that you are correct. Just because X isn't correct does not prove Y.
                  Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                  sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

• for the love of god kolar close this thread or ill punch you in your kidneys around 3:30 am

Comment

• Can somebody please fix this thread title? Someone spelled tit wrong.

Comment

he meant philosophical logic, as in how you are using argumentum ad ignorantiam to say that you are correct. Just because X isn't correct does not prove Y.
                        of course it doesn't, but it also does not disprove Y either, that's all I ever said

its general logic because if you cannot prove or disprove something, there is still the ability for it to exist or not exist, it applies to everything, i never said it MUST exist because u cannot disprove it

and you all read everything wrong, i never said i was correct, that's up to you to interpret what you believe, i just said you cannot use logic to automatically count something out if you cannot prove or disprove something

it applies to basic understanding... no one believed the world was round except a few select individuals, but nothing could prove or disprove the believe until they circumnavigated the globe
                        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

of course it doesn't, but it also does not disprove Y either, that's all I ever said
                          not disproving != proving, either. not disproving is just saying that a lack of information exists for anyone to prove that you are not right.

take a 100-level philosophy course, seriously.
                          Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

take a 100-level philosophy course, seriously.
                            this is what i'm saying

Comment

• Ow great, metalheadz and his English got in this too
                              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

• I think that is enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dmt0NMIPnE
                                Last edited by Kolar; 07-14-2008, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X