mp3 players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mp3 players

My iAudio X5 broke today, and i'm really upset because it was a fantastic piece of kit.

i am most definitely looking to get a new player, and as they have stopped producing the iAudio X5 (much to my disappointment) i am not sure what to get

i've been looking at an ipod -- they seem like the only mp3 players that are worth buying at the moment (or am i wrong?)

the ipod classic 80GB is only around £140 but then i also saw the ipod touch 32GB and am undecided whether it is worth splashing out on that.

any ideas?

I recommend the pink zune.

Comment

Guess I'm the only one around here who use my phone as my mp3 player...
      Originally Posted by HeavenSent
      You won't have to wait another 4 years.
      There wont be another election for president.
      Obama is the Omega President.
      http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

i have the ipod 80 gb classic it's great, battry lasts forever and a huhge amount of memory and it's really sweet to use the reason that i wouldn't go for a touch is because i;ve got a touch screen phone and i've got no use out of it if you wanna muck about on hte touch i.e. game and stuff its really good but i just listne to music and btw the touch has around 25 gb of free space ande the classic has 73 gb
        Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it's not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. it's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.:fear:

Comment

also one of the things putting me off the classic ipod is that you cant rockbox it

Comment

I find iPods tend to be a bit overpriced like most Apple gear.

Comment

Why not getting another Iaudio? they are better than Ipod in my opinion.

Comment

because they stopped making hdd players, and their flash players have small memory

Comment

I put a 2G memory card in my phone and change out the music every two weeks. It gets the job done well and thats all I need.

Since you just posted about something with low memory not being suitable, I would say I've seen a few Creative players that are nice. If I were in your position, I would hop over to the nearest electronics store (Future Shop or Best Buy over here), find something I like and see if I can get a better deal for it anywhere else.
                  Less QQ More pew pew

Comment

I've had experience with the Zune, Ipod, and Creative players. Quick pro/cons from what i've seen.

Ipod
                    ------
                    Pros: "Cool" interface with touch wheel. More than 2x the size of my PC's hard drive. Long battery life. Itunes if you're into that. TONS of accessories. A lot of car audio is geared to Itunes.

Cons:
                    I have yet to get non-purchased videos to play sound. Sychronizing can be a pain in the ass. Can't songs, but can transfer files (double up to solve problem). No queing feature (don't know that any have this).

Zune
                    ------
                    Pros: Actually cooler than Ipod's interface, but no touch wheel. Zune pass is a pretty good deal ($15/mon.). Decent amt. of accessories. Medium sized harddrive.

Cons: Seems to lock up or crash more than Ipod, but the one I had was kinda old. Still have to pay for some songs individually w/zune pass. Kinda bulky.

Creative
                    ------
                    I had a flash player, but I'm gonna extrapolate for good measure on the harddrive units.

Pros: Can transfer songs from player to computer: big deal if you want to share music. Probably cheaper. Don't know enough specifics to go further in depth.

Cons: Probably the least amt. of accessories; though they still have a ton, you have to buy them online. Don't know about online purchasing of songs. Probably worse tech support. (i've had issues in the past)

If you're not going to use it a lot, or don't need a lot of space, the creative ones will save you money. If you're going to use the shit out of it, buy the Ipod. If you want hate all things apple, buy a zune.
                    .fffffffff_____
                    .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                    .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                    .fffffff\______/
                    .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                    .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                    .fffff\________/
                    .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                    .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                    .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                    .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                    .fff\__________/

Comment

I got my mom a creative player a few months back and it was really slick. I'm thinking about getting one to replace my recently dropped and broken iPod.

Comment

http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/...-32593873.html

Great battery life, sound and doesn't need any software to get music on it, just drag 'n drop.

Last edited by Nockm; 08-13-2008, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Smartphones for the win.
                          Celibrate
                          XXX is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Soup du Jour View Post
                            I put a 2G memory card in my phone and change out the music every two weeks. It gets the job done well and thats all I need.
                            I couldn't do that, I'm too fucking lazy to change and I love all the music I have so would be a shame to remove and put back on etc.

I now have the Ipod Classic 180GB, enough space haha. But I still think it sucks compared to my first Ipod, which was right before the first Ipod with colour screen.

Comment

i'vea creative zen but it's a flash based player http://www.creative.com/products/mp3/zen/

it's pretty neat but the expandable SD slot is a bit crap as it treats it as separate memory so no random play all etc ...
                              In my world,
                              I am King

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X