Gay Marriage 2008- Topic revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fluffz View Post
    Why would a gay person want to use a religious term from a church that does not accept him?
    I think you need to actually realize that:
    1) Non-religious people get married too in Western countries all the time.
    2) 1/4 of the world that has never seen religion, gets married (China).

So in fact... the word 'married' is NOT religious.
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

Comment

• The assumption that gay people aren't religious is also blatently incorrect. Just because you're gay doesn't mean you can't be a religious man or woman, or that you believe that Jesus christ was out to hate homos.
      7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
      1:Rough> is radiation an element?
      8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
      Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
      Piston> I own in belim
      6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

• Seems I missed something on these forums as it send me past posts I hadn't read yet with the new posts button, but Fluffz seems to get more idiotic with every posts he makes.
        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

• Originally posted by froedrick View Post
          It's like you're saying 'well black people should have just accepted that they had to sit at the back of the bus, because white people of the time in the U.S. had rights too and they wanted them to sit there'. So honestly I disagree with you and I'm willing to bet that in the next 20 years or so we'll see a shift where my arguments POV will probably be adopted and yours will seem discriminatory and incorrect.
          The rights of the wight people back then were questionable. Thats why i oppose a justificatin of law based on society. As soon as society would change to the "bad" those rules would be thrown overboard. Anyway, what you said is probably what is going to happen, and to make sure the justification is based on truth you have to stop society from changing. Society based law, a thought that makes all my alarm bells ring.

@Epinephrine, you need to realize that you cant just subtract the religious meaning of marriage like that. In previous posts i also stated differences unrelated to marriage, as laughable you might have thought they were. On a personal note: If state gave me civil union as an option next to marriage i would have choosen the civil union.
          Last edited by Fluffz; 10-25-2008, 07:21 PM.

Comment

@Epinephrine, you need to realize that you cant just subtract the religious meaning of marriage like that. In previous posts i also stated differences unrelated to marriage, as laughable you might have thought they were. On a personal note: If state gave me civil union as an option next to marriage i would have choosen the civil union.
            I don't know what's so hard to understand.

People who are NOT religious GET MARRIED all the time.

Countries and civilizations who have never had a dominant religion ALSO have a concept of marriage, and people GET MARRIED all the time.

Therefore, the idea of being married is not solely a religious concept, even if religion does embrace it.

It's like saying a funeral is solely a religious concept and that gay people shouldn't be allowed to have funerals either.
            Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
            www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
            www.animeslice.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post

Countries and civilizations who have never had a dominant religion ALSO have a concept of marriage, and people GET MARRIED all the time.

Therefore, the idea of being married is not solely a religious concept, even if religion does embrace it.

It's like saying a funeral is solely a religious concept and that gay people shouldn't be allowed to have funerals either.
              wow I agreed with Epi

Comment

once we finally kill all the gays in one fell swoop i doubt we'll have the time or resources to give them all proper funerals, so
                Originally posted by Ward
                OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

them dirty liberals want you to think gays go to heaven

but they go straight to hell and burn for eternity don't they?

oh wait
                  My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vykromond View Post
                    once we finally kill all the gays in one fell swoop i doubt we'll have the time or resources to give them all proper funerals, so
                    burnn (literally)
                    .fffffffff_____
                    .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                    .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                    .fffffff\______/
                    .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                    .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                    .fffff\________/
                    .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                    .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                    .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                    .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                    .fff\__________/

Comment

You mean my gay viking-themed funeral won't be allowed to happen?
                      Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

• here it would conc!!!!!! :P
                        Originally posted by Tyson
                        There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                        Originally posted by HeavenSent
                        Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                        Originally posted by Izor
                        Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

the word 'married' is NOT religious.
                          Like i said, if you remove all differences of the word "marriage" between the gay and the straight couple you can call it the same thing. Of course, if you support gay marriage it is not possible to see a religious meaning. Thats why i said you are biased. People who oppose gay marriage - as biased as they might be - could see a religious reason. But unlike you they have a human right to do so. I know todays society does not value religion anymore, but its fascinating how fast everyone discriminated people who are against societys ideals. However you are right on one thing: If i do not want society to create laws i certainly do not want religion to do that either. But luckily the approach at law is becoming more and more reasonable.

Your argumentation is illogical and against all evidence. Just type marriage into google, the second link (after the russian bride website) links to http://www.christianitytoday.com/

Comment

• This just in--search engine indices now count as definitive fact!
                            Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Like i said, if you remove all differences of the word "marriage" between the gay and the straight couple you can call it the same thing. Of course, if you support gay marriage it is not possible to see a religious meaning. Thats why i said you are biased. People who oppose gay marriage - as biased as they might be - could see a religious reason. But unlike you they have a human right to do so. I know todays society does not value religion anymore, but its fascinating how fast everyone discriminated people who are against societys ideals. However you are right on one thing: If i do not want society to create laws i certainly do not want religion to do that either. But luckily the approach at law is becoming more and more reasonable.

Your argumentation is illogical and against all evidence. Just type marriage into google, the second link (after the russian bride website) links to http://www.christianitytoday.com/
                              Yeah, what Google says you should take as the Gospel! hahah

-DB!
                              A drunken mans words are a sober mans thoughts

LIGHT4CHAMPS

Comment

Just type marriage into google, the second link (after the russian bride website)
                                Consequently Fluffz hereby prohibits all marriages that are not to mail-order Russian brides.
                                Originally posted by Ward
                                OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Working...
                                X