Sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep

I've been doing some research lately about switching sleeping habits. I have a job over the summer that requires me to be up earlier so I'm struggling to start going to bed earlier and waking up earlier. Just curious what the sleeping habits of the forum population are. If you want to, respond with your age, typical time you go to sleep, and how long you typically sleep.

Time: Typically 3-4 am the last several months
    Duration: About 4-6 hours. Not really by choice, but that's kind of the way college works out.
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Lets see, I am 24, at my old job I went to bed at 10-11pm every night, woke up at 5am and rive to work, now I stay up till 2-3am, wake up at 10am and go to work, quite often stay up drinking with friends until 3-5 in the morning and still waking up at 10am to go to work. Generally I am happy with 5-6 hours of sleep with one or two days a week where I catch up on missed sleep with some hella nice 12-14 hour sleep sessions, even if I do feel cracked out the rest of the day.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Time: if have to wake up early about 1am, if can sleep late 2-3am
      Duration: depends, if I have that early shift like today, about 4-5 hours, if day off or work starts late I usually wake up between 12am - 1pm, so that makes it about 10 hours.

Dont think thats really healthy, but I just love to sleep late. Also, I pretty much always start watching a movie at midnight or little later and hope to fall sleep during it.

It's no use for me to go sleep like 10-11pm because I know Im still rolling in bed few hours later :/

Comment

Usually 12am - 7am ... unless its Fri/Sat which I can get any where between 7 - 11 hours sleep with an average of about 9-10 hours.

Of course with the exception of me being on holidays. While other people prefer to sleep less and spend more time experience things, I prefer to sleep in.

Once I went on an oversea holidays and slept almost 10 hours a day, every single day for a fortnight. It was awesome!
        ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

amount of sleep: 10 hours

Comment

This is an actual conversation between my friend and I:

me: I sleep 8 hours a day, you sleep 6. So I loss about a month time to sleep every year.

My friend: you probably going to live 10 years longer though.

Then, and only then did I realise what was the true purpose of sleeping more: it is bit like superannuation, you put a bit in every month and withdraw all of it after your retire.

... of course I could have died before that, but I take my chances :greedy:
            ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

Time: Typically 11pm to 730 am mon - thurs. 3am to 9am
              Duration: I get about 6-8 hours of sleep on avg.
              Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
              2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
              2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Time: 11pm/12am - 7am/8am (on average)
                Duration: almost always between 6 and 8 hours

On the weekends though I have to wake up at like 5am and usually only get about 5 or 6 hours of sleep.

What's interesting is that your body keeps track of your sleep deficit for 2 weeks. So if you get less than what your body deems necessary it will try getting that sleep back for 2 weeks until you catch up or it loses track of that night.
                (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

I recently found a full-time job that requires me to be up earlier than I'm used to, I'm also semi-struggling to adjust.

Time: 12-2 am
                  Duration: About 4-6 hours. If I'm really lucky 7. I try to aim for 6 and half hours, but last night I got a really low number of 4.

I wake up at 6:40 every day, and pretty much just do what kthx does survive on 5-6 hours of sleep and have some massive sleeping sessions on the weekend. If this was a study I'd bet Monday's are the lowest number of hours a general Monday-Friday person gets, considering Saturday and Sunday fucks up our sleeping patterns. Friday might also be relatively low considering we have that 'fuck it, it's almost the weekend attitude'. Friday's are just a more relaxed day that involves lenient dress-codes and lax amounts of work. Knowing everyone just took the opportunity to get blasted on Thursday and stay up late, I know I can come in looking like a zombie because it's not expected I'm actually productive.
                  Last edited by Cops; 06-15-2009, 01:31 PM.
                  it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

During the year I usually sleep for 8 hours + (sometimes less, more like 6-7), my body actually needs more. Or I should go to bed at at least 22:00-23:00 but that's too early imho.

Comment

Time:1-2AM
                      Duration:Woke up at 8 during school, so about 6 hours, and I sleep in til 10 now, so about 8 hours.
                      Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                      1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                      1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                      1:Chao <ER>> at all
                      1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                      1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                      Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                      Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Time: mostly 12-2am before weekdays, 5-6am fridays/saturdays.

Duration: 4-6 hours weekdays, more if I go to bed earlier or can sleep late the next day. 8+ hours on weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by Tresmius View Post

Time: mostly 12-2am before weekdays, 5-6am fridays/saturdays.

Duration: 4-6 hours weekdays, more if I go to bed earlier or can sleep late the next day. 8+ hours on weekends.

WHAT 4-5 AM

That's just too much man, btw 4-6 hours ?! That's so little, especially 4 hours. You can't go to school/college/university and only sleep 5 hours on average.

Comment

When in school I would sleep from 1 - 2 am and wake up at 7:30 am so about 6 hours on average.

I would always have to get in a good 12 hour night on the weekend, though, to recover otherwise I'd fall asleep at like 5 pm on a Tuesday evening.

Not in school or working right now so 10 hours a night. :greedy:
                            Less QQ More pew pew

Comment

For the summer, I am currently trying to get to sleep at around 11pm. Realistically, I don't manage to turn off the lights and lie down until 12.

Alarm is set at 6:30. I wake up, but I don't get up until around 7am. Work starts at 7:30am, but it is about a 6 minute drive from my house.

At work, during lunch break, I usually finish with about 10 minutes to spare, so I manage to get a quick powernap in before I go back to work.
                              duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Working...
                              X