This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FieryFire's perspective on the history of Trench Wars Warbird Dueling

Arrite kids. From a true veterans point of view, me, I will inform you newbies (TW has what 600 average now daily) of what really went on back in the day, who was good, which teams dominanted and why to elite vets, javelins and basing aren't the best league in the game.

Brief Introduction:

I started off April 4th 1999 exploring this game. I had a lot of free time so I played a lot .. thus gaininga lot of points. The truth is, I got mod my first 2 weeks of playing, because I accidently tricked Mikethenose saying Dock told him to give me mod..so thats the start of the FF era.

First squad I joined, was the powerhouse squad #1 squad with a 27-0 dueling record, Defcon1. Flyzone was the leader and he recruited a lot of players who had tons of potential. Defcon1 got stabbed in the back by Childrn of Light aka leader of LAME (another powerhouse) who also screwed over Booyaa who started TW Elites (Another powerhouse)..so back in the day there were these 3 dominant teams with awesome players such as DawnerZ, pHaLAnX, and Win95. I wanted to get on the best squad possible being \a competitor that i am..so i tried out for TW Elites.

First of all, before the actual tryouts, I dueled Booyaa and sonned him 2 games to 0..this was during my first month of Trench wars..cuz i had the rush going and hecouldnt handle it and he thought i was lagging$. And then i almost beat dZ .. dawnerZ but then he beat me 10-9..cuz he was top during the old days...so for TWE tryouts, i beat booyaa again ez pie, and then i dueled Wix.. and i sonned him like 10-1 laff..easy, so i joined easily..fit well cuz they had alow res i had like 1600 when everone had 1280.. easy..TOFU was the leader while Booyaa was co-leader..TWE was like the best squad possible no doubts. Equiavalent of Siege back in the day. and Trench Wars Elitse went on to win the first ever TWL championship over Pickl'es Army led by Captain Pickle.

Lame became inactive and formed obsideon who lost to rampage..i cut this short cuz it wouldnt let me post.

oh yeah this time around was when sudden and those rampage guys held #1 in elim .. cuz it was a big deal back then..cuz everyone wanted #1..so it was hard and rankings went into the 2000's..my personal best was 3000..but u can't play at that level forever so that was no good.

TWE finally died out..and the best of wht remained of TWE formed FRakture..which was juss the middle squad..transitioning..we picked up..what was to become a legend of TW...Jack Kiefer...and then my pal skater...so we had a pretty domiant 5..oh yeah .. in the mean time..Digitalwave and epinephrine formed some other squad i can't remember but they ewre doing ok...so with Frakture like sonning eveone..Rampage was gone..OBsideon was dying out..ther ewas no one powerhouse that owned everyone...

So now that was the introduction..now is when the TRUE Trench War Talents start to emerge..teams that dominated so bad ppl were scared to play cuz they feared of getting embarassed 50-20.

1st generation Elusive started with the merging of Digi and his team with Fraktrue. So we had this crayz all start line up of Jack me Skater Epinephrine Digitalwave. Unstoppable. THis was almost at my prime..so u know..ff in his prime with 2048 res is like..laff..the best player in my time. And so, Elusive went on to dominante the leagues without any serious competetor.. so this time the league wasn't at its peak yet but it was the start of the beginning. oh yeah did i mention at this time banzi was named banzi fuq and was my target cuz he was really easy. along with all the good veterans now..haha easy=( so sad.

all this time I was a mod, and then all off a sudden I became SMod..and then tw changed for the better. Most of the ideas now..derived from Me , your welcome.
    So now with TWEL #1 starting up, it was pretty much mine. I had it in the bag and no one could come close. I was probably at my peak at this time and on one could beat me. It was true. This was when Genreation two elusive started up against the fierce guys of Siege. The rivalry was insane. Banzi fuq..bec ame some crazy guy..with hype..and all those Siegers..then i decided to leave elusive for LAMe cuz i felt i wanted to take a break for a while. haha so that was no good. Siege wasn't crazy yet cuz league wasn't gonan start for another month or so.

So all the trash talking, trying to get #1 in elim, and other stuff hyped up the Elusive Vs Siege era. Elusive was the previous winner of TWL #2 .. and twl #3 was gonna start. In this era I believe the league had felt some of the best compeition in the game. It was unbeliaeble.. with the res..

it came to a point in the finals of a game where no one would come 3 screens close..and this was with 2048 res..because our radar shots were crazy..like insane. i remember hype going 16-1against us..he was good back in the day. Yeah but our team.. Sudden Sika Static Burn Epi Doa Me Roxy and a few others were pretty crayz. However i believed Genration #1 elusive would have easily taken this 2nd gen out by far. cuz Jack and I in our prime was unbelievable..haha u guys can't even imagine. Win elim games when we wanted pretty much call the score. So if ur like one of the best players today u were probably decent compared to what we had back then. Sorry. Tw sucks now.

So Elusive won a few key matches and Siege won TWL while Elu took TWDL..and then elu dissolved because no one cared anymoe..and ppl wanted to play pro league tahts when Banzi started up and epi introduced me to pro league. I took a break from pro for a while before twl #4 started up while being Smod and inveting games like Priitk Dock vs elim dodgeball..staff vs world..and way too many..?go capture..and others.

so now we come to TWL season #4..i left to join Cripples for a bit, set a wb record of 108 kills when they were at their peak..having more kills than their shark..yeah i was pretty good still back then but not as good as 6 months prior. Wix was captain of cripples along with notibles such as Louis XV, DanyalDenyo, Suicide Fish and others. Then I left to join Scrotals Horder because the Scrotal wanted me badly. But then i joined Siege because I felt I belonged with the elite. I was still one of hte best back then and with a powerhouse like BAnzi Blood Me Dynasty LOL..that wa sgame over. Fbz left for a bit..and so with us 4..the dynamic 4...it was literally game over for other ppl. THe core 4 who won TWL #4 easily. haha games that went over 50-30 was unacceptable. Like u guys dont understand how much teamwork and how well we clicked. It was ilke we just mowed down everyting in our way. If u missed and u would have, u died 2 seconds later. Cuz banzi would go in, if he missed, fake, and blood would go in, tak ethe kill..i would kill the guy tryihng to kill blood and dynasty w*ould take out any others at the same time banzi would take out the 5th. 4v5 still easy. u squads think that ur good now laff no idea what happened bak in the day. And then for season #5, we won it again even tho we dissolved for a bit, cuz siege was like too good for everyone and ppl started hating tw cuz we owned too much. Sorry but we did =( Juss too crazy. So we felt that we needed to take a break for a while so siege dissolved again.
    oh by this time i left staff cuz staff was getting gay as it is now. too many newbies who suck up and stuf fand dont know anyting and whine and moan and kiss the smods ass. So they would get it. how sad. yeah so staff is corrupt.

so now i left for -Final- with Sika and others. And -final- was getting crazy too cuz there was no one. pretty much whichever squad i joined, won for sure. I was still very goo back then one of the best, and with Sika also it was like hah gg others. Banzi dint play this twl so laff. Blood joiend also for -final- so we had two of the 4 from the core of siege dynasty leftfro a while..so thats stil lguaranteed victory. Domia Sika Blood FieryFire $ yeah we won TWDL TWJL..then oh yeah all this was before season 5 for TWL when siege dissolved ... so this fits in the paragraph above. i met some new finnish ppl..and i've learned that wherever i go we win..Disqualifier was the leader of -final- and it was juss insane..another powerhouse owning tw..not fun when that happens..

so now onto present day.. i am on the squad Light, we have a pretty good team, I am not as good as i was before, but I dont play much now since i attend colllege and rather active with a fraternity. I still offer my knowledge, rushes, counter rush all that bs to the new generation of players. .. as u can see in elusive light and rampage..honestly every other squad.. has no chance in warbirds and javelins. OH all the games i mentioned prio to this sentence were warbirds.. the real league.

this is my take on why javelins got popular. Basing got popular cuz newbies who suck and can't play in leagues want to play basing cuz they get a chance to play..its true dont deny it.

Javelins is still newbie cuz the players who couldnt win in warbirds (original league) decided they want a shot in another ship. little that they know, the ppl who owned warbirds naturally owned Javelins which is why teams like Final Siege and Elusive domainted Javelins u see a squad ilke Onix who are mostly javeins go and win it:? no..cuz only elite teams win..team work can only get u so far, skill is what counts. Warbirds is the league with the most talent, javelins are the rejected wb posers, and basing..laff is for eveyryone and their moms.

yeah so newbies, thats what happened in the last 3 years of Trench wars. in tthe dueling division..
    thanks.
    FieryFire
    Youtube.com/FieryFire3D
    Every subscriber, video view, and time spent winning cash events directly helps our growth!

this isn't so much a history of trench wars dueling as it is an account of a washed up dipshit talking about how good he used to be.
    Animol> the solution for crimelization is openetion of heartization
    Moltenrock> STOP TALKING TO MY TEAMMMATE ASSHOLE

Comment

Wow, Iam new.

Comment

Re: FieryFire's perspective on the history of Trench Wars Warbird Dueling

Originally posted by FieryFire
        Basing got popular cuz newbies who suck and can't play in leagues want to play basing cuz they get a chance to play..its true dont deny it.
        Amen.

Edit: Even then, who won the first TWL-B? A dueling squad. IT CAN'T BE!

Wait, I'm wrong, LIGHT'S WIN WAS A FLUKE!

Anyways, thanks for that FF, nicely done, and great history, shows what truley happened.
        Last edited by Ruby; 04-30-2003, 01:22 AM.
        I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

In the beginning...

Wow, that article had a creepy bible feel to it, thus elusive won twl and all was great in the land. Hmm, also I hear a hint of Lord of the Rings in there. How the greater men slowly turned into the lesser race. Perhaps you should write a book, maybe you could get a following. (Donate money to the TW server fund btw) Hmm, one more thing, judging by your spelling and grammer I do not think I would have liked being on staff back during the "dawn of trenchwars, and the races of greater 2d fighters entered the zone" or whatever. It was a good read though, thankyou for that.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Heh a bunch of that stuff is true. Or at least that's how we all felt back then, although there's some factual inaccuracies.

For instance I was on FRAKTURE with Jack and FF and us three owned TW. Considering I was captain of FRAK after Booyaa left FF deserves a beating for forgetting :P

Elusive season 2 TWL set an all time record when we won a game 50-11... it was insane. Me, FF, Jack, RevT and Sudden all starters and all over 1500 rating (1,2,3,4,5) in elim at the same time. We used to play elim, not need to team and someone from Elu would always win it. We were 52-0 (TWL+TWDL combined) over a 10-month period as FRAK/Elu. No other squad in TW will ever see that level of domination ever again until the zone starts dying and few people remain to play. Probably not then either.

Oh and FF the res restriction came on before TWL season 3 started

For everyone who missed that old era that's too bad it'll never repeat ever again, although I bet many more people will be having fun these days in the new and improved TWL Season 6

-Epi
            P.S. It's true Banzi was a real newbie back then. We used to target him (aka influx) because he always had a pretty high elim rating but was virtually a free kill. Somewhere inbetween he suddenly got really good.

P.P.S. I hate to point it out FF but you were the most corrupt smod I've ever seen
            Last edited by Epinephrine; 04-30-2003, 01:32 AM.
            Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
            www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
            www.animeslice.com

Comment

Damn good times, too bad I'm washed up now

Jack Kiefer

Comment

Ya, too bad I didn't care when I played back then.
                I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

Epi, that hurts me... did you forget about me?
                  Erathia> Attention the fort! Surrender and die!
                  Melufa> don't you mean surrender or die?
                  Erathia> No... no... I don't see that one working at all...

Comment

hey! great post. there were too much look-how-good-i-am shit in it tho. was nice to remember the old squad and player names while reading the post. I started SS like a year before you
                    Koska perustetaan hamppukaupunki?

Comment

-$-
                      RaCka> how can i get you here
                      death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                      RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                      death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

the only notable thing associated with fieryfire is that he was the best ER trainer ever. under his short regime, lazy ER's were axed immediately, and those ER's who made the cut actually knew how to host. ff got shit done properly.

everything else you posted is just soap opera bullshit that only the people who couldn't evolve past warbirds love to recite over and over again. it's talk left best for old men sitting in rocking chairs on a porch while swatting flies. i was around through all that and i didn't find it all that interesting. i was more preoccupied with discovering not-yet-created rules to break.

it's nice to see you back, though.
                        plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Re: FieryFire's perspective on the history of Trench Wars Warbird Dueling

Originally posted by FieryFire
                          Javelins is still newbie cuz the players who couldnt win in warbirds (original league) decided they want a shot in another ship. little that they know, the ppl who owned warbirds naturally owned Javelins which is why teams like Final Siege and Elusive domainted Javelins u see a squad ilke Onix who are mostly javeins go and win it:? no..cuz only elite teams win..team work can only get u so far, skill is what counts. Warbirds is the league with the most talent, javelins are the rejected wb posers, and basing..laff is for eveyryone and their moms.
                          1) It pretty obvious stupid people usually get to be upper staff (mythrandir and priitk excepted)

2) If wb was indeed so superior than jav, then plz tell me why either vets dont play wb, or when they do, their elim ranking is almost always higher than their belim ranking??

e.g.

Dee nuts:
                          elim ranking:26 belim ranking: 101

DEA
                          elim ranking: 54 | belim ranking: 116

Predator Rulez
                          elim ranking: 81 | belim ranking: 93

PhyRe
                          elim ranking: 27 | belim ranking: 135

Raspi
                          elim ranking: 7 | belim ranking: 81

sweeper
                          elim ranking: 57 | belim ranking: 90
                          Wont die, no surrender 2

Comment

Justin, ilu.
                            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Jesus christ this is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever read, you're even worse than ZippyDan. Except that ZippyDan can write better.

I'm interested in a history of Warbird dueling, this post is just a very desperate attempt to inflate your ego. You seem to have that problem since you got axed from staff.

Javelin and basing got popular because it's fun, there is no other reason. People like to play it.

Comment

Working...
                              X