Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: FieryFire's perspective on the history of Trench Wars Warbird Dueling

Originally posted by Zloy
    For some reason im starting to think that the 'uberleetness' that was 'back then' has a very strong connection to the fact that in 1999 not many people had puters able to pull off that high resolutions, and after the res cap was put in TW, they stopped getting the magical 50-0 recs.
    Heynewbsiownuallcozmyparentsboughtmeafastputer?
    Incurable -_-
    bro you have no idea how right you are..
    i played with 800x600 res on a ghetto 15 inch monitor back then, i still did pretty good..got decent elim ranks with my names..#15-25.. but never could reach that top 10 level because 2048 res was absolutely UNBEATABLE. The advantage that had over someone with 800 or 1000 res was INCREDIBLE.

when the res limit was put on.. alot of the top players lost a huge advantage over the rest of the competition, and then blamed their loss of skill on "i dont care anymore" "i dont try" "tw sucks now" etc..

res limit was the best change ever done to this zone..
    Last edited by blue goat; 05-17-2003, 04:13 AM.
    3:Extinct> i havent masturbated in like a month
    3:Extinct> mad hard
    3:im so weird> this chat is turning homosexual
    3:im so weird> just the way i like it

Comment

"you wuz da mannnn homey"

just to add a lil more about res and other things.. (even tho nobody will probably read this but i'm bored)
      It was funny to see how some of the top players in the old days came back down to earth once the res limit was implemented.. no...it was hilarious.

You see, i cant stress this enough - having 2048 res was such an incredible..insurmountable(sp?), unbeatable, humongous, bigger than my fuckin dick advantage over the players with 800x600 and 1000 which were the MAJORITY of tw players back then. You guys have NO idea unless you experienced it first hand. An elite player with 800 or 1000 vs an elite with 2048 would get his ass handed to him. Absolutely.

There is a reason why so few of the top players played on 800 res, because it was so difficult to compete with 2048 unless you were amazingly skilled.

I dont play the game now but i know the average skill level now is TONS better than it was back then..It has to be. People get better over time, not worse. (speaking of league and dueling squads). I don't even know how you can compare the two because it was SO diluted at the time 'fieryfire' is talking about and the zone was obviously alot less popular. A newbie now..whos been playing for a year or 2, does ok in squad duels and elim, 1:1 avg i dunno - that newbie would OWN back in the day with 2048 and the thin pool of skilled players. That might be an exaggeration..but you get my point. TW is a totally different zone now.

If anyone reads this, the bottom line is this.. If you can do what you did back then TODAY, the 30-0's, the winning 50 league games in a row, that would be truly impressive, but guess what? It would also be impossible. The feats you and others brag about wouldn't have been accomplished because of those reasons i mentioned.

It's sad that probably nobody will read this post and know the truth behind all the 'eliteness' back then.

But Like I said, the res limit is your FATHER. It is now and it was back then too.
      Last edited by blue goat; 05-17-2003, 05:23 AM.
      3:Extinct> i havent masturbated in like a month
      3:Extinct> mad hard
      3:im so weird> this chat is turning homosexual
      3:im so weird> just the way i like it

Comment

Re: Re: FieryFire's perspective on the history of Trench Wars Warbird Dueling

edit: just too embarassing to keep
        Last edited by Aquatiq; 02-19-2009, 05:39 PM.

Comment

FF taught me how to jav in base on UFO. <3
          it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

As a true vet, like ff i also started in 99, back in Novemeber though, so he's got half a year on me. I joined Elusive and we won everything, but then epi told a racial joke and i left. I joined Siege and we beat everybody, but then I found out Crome wanted to date my sister, and I left. I then ran back to Pro and B.I.A. I kept calling myself the best but B.I.A. never won any pro titles, so I guess i'm full of shit. Anyways, i fooled about in pro for awhile, and actual won, but nobody cared, and came back to Trench Wars to coach an internet squad. Light4Life.

- NN From FF
            Last edited by Nickname; 05-19-2003, 02:01 PM.
            The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
            All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

You don't have to like FieryFire, but he was a great player.

Some of what everyone says is true. Coming from SVS, it was pretty easy to come to Trench Wars and be really good. I wasn't even good at SVS, just like to play Turf Zone. I didn't really play much subspace after VIE shut down, but started again in mid 1999. I started Trench Wars in july 1999, but only played pub, and didn't play often. Then I started to play it some more and joined The Jedi Knights and could beat everyone in the squad without too much trouble.(they weren't "elite" but they were still pretty good... if you remember them)

And the resolution problem wasn't as big as some people are saying. Hardly anybody at all had 2048 or whatever resolution. A lot of people had 1600 res though, including myself. Higher res didn't make it easier to aim, it just made it easier to dodge. It's easier to aim on the lower resolutions.

As for anything else, I can't really comment on. I didn't pay attention to TWDL until like November or December 1999, and I stopped playing Trench Wars shortly after the res restriction. Not because of the restriction though, I quit SS altogether and lost my virginity $.

Comment

Useless crap....

Youngsters donated't havoc to likening Fiend, buttresses he wash a grenville plainfield.

Somebody of whales eveready saying is trustees. Commissions from TRW, it wastes preoccupies easygoing to commanded to Trevelyan Warden andromache be ream goodrich. I wastefully't every goodies at SLJ, justifiable likely to platforms Turner Zones. I didactic't reactor planers mucking subvert afterimage VIEWED shuttle downlink, butterfly stanton against in midshipmen 0686. I stage Treasury Warts in july 7901, butyl online plaintext puberty, andersen didactic't platter oft. Theater I staten to plainly it somali morristown andrew joining Theorizers Jed Knighted andrea counterexamples beatify eventuality in theodore squirreling withdrawal too mucker trotsky.(thereupon werther't "elizabethans" butchery therapies were stiffs predications good... if youthfulness remarkableness theirs)

Andrea theirs restroom prophesy wasps't as bigoted as somalis peopled arena sayer. Harpy anybody at alleviation haddad 6792 or whacks responding. A lottie of peopled haddock 7376 reservation thornburg, incendiary mystic. Highlight resistances didactic't makes it easel to aimer, it justifiers madeline it easthampton to dodd. It's easily to aimers on theories lowry respectful.

As foresight anymore elsewhere, I canvas't readings compartment on. I diddle't pay attribution to WLGD untie likelihood Novels or Decimates 9761, anderson I stony play Treacherous Warner shockingly aftermath theresa restrictively restraint. Notations becalming of theatricals restoring thoughtlessness, I quietly SS alternations andrei losses my virginity $.

Comment

My eyes! They buuuurrrnnn!!! If you run shit through a dialectizer, feel free NOT to post it.

Topic Closed (Should've died dead a long time ago) -wadi

Comment

Working...
                  X