No announcement yet.

Royal wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USA also loaned Germany a shit ton of money post WWI that helped them rebuild the army that came back strong in WWII, your point?
    sigpic
    All good things must come to an end.

Comment

his point is that we shouldnt be glorifying any of these niqqas
      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post

Hey look it's your Queen smiling and holding hands with Hitler in 1937! Did you know the House of Windsor helped finance Hitler until he started WW2? Wonder why Hitler refused to invade England.
        are you serious..? freestyle saturation bombing of RAF targets, followed by a timely carpetbombing tapdance on civilian targets in the heart of london.

edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_London
        4:BigKing> xD
        4:Best> i'm leaving chat
        4:BigKing> what did i do???
        4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
        4:BigKing> ???? why though
        4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
        4:BigKing> xD

Comment

I can't believe I'm going to agree with para, but what the fuck are you talking about?

The German airforce bombed the shit out of London for over a year, so much so that Queen Elizabeth went into hiding. Have you never heard of the Battle of Britain? People lived beneath the city. If not for the RAF and the Japanese timely bombing at Pearl Harbor, which pulled the US into the war against the Rome-Tokyo-Berlin pact, then Britain would have fallen. The only reason Britain didn't have German troops on the ground, like in France, was because of the same advantage they've always had: it's hard to siege an island.

That is such an ignorant distortion of history. You're plain wrong. I suppose you think Hitler spared the USSR, or something, huh?

Plus US corporations funded the German war machine for years before and during WWII. Charles Lindbergh flew to Berlin in 1937 and said that America should strive to be more like Germany. There was a large sect of people in America who would have rather fought with the Germans than against them. Some were even senators, like Prescott Bush.

It's a far more tangled matter than your mind can wrap itself around. Any mind, in fact. Go read some books before you blindly jump into a history discussion, you maroon.
          Originally posted by Tone
          Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

this is vatican assassin's 9/11
            can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                his point is that we shouldnt be glorifying any of these niqqas
                bingo, i picked up +3 fishies on that hitler troll btw

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
                  bingo, i picked up +3 fishies on that hitler troll btw
                  yah guise i todally new that hitler was fiting britin. i tr0ll u
                  Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

I'm pretty neutral on still having a royal family. If it was up to me I'd get rid of the monarchy instantly. However since we live in a democracy and a majority wants them to be in place, it's not a big issue for me.
                    I'm don't really ever wanna bite on Vatican's trolling posts but oh well. Just not sure it's wise to argue with someone who can't see how the position of the royal family has changed from the days of the monarchy in the middle ages to the ceremonial monarchy that we have these days. Today the royal family have become an important part of our national culture (not me personally, but hey, luckily we can all be different). Also they're important diplomats, in Holland our royal family has far more influence than our prime minister and foreign minister, who outside of Holland usually are completely unknown and since the 1940s/1950s struggle to have an important say in anything outside of our borders.
                    That also means any comparison with actors/musicians/athletes is still way off, yes they're both celebrities and they're here for our entertainment, an important part of our popular culture, but apart from a very select and limited few, I'd yet have to see them in the function of diplomats (some have given it a try like Bono, Sting.....)
                    Last, if you think celebrities in general earn way too much in comparison to the smartest minds, I'd agree, but to change that you'd have to change an entire system; good luck with that.

PS. On topic, I didn't watch it, saw the kiss on the news, it was really lame, everyone could tell that's not the way he usually kisses her.. as he shouldn't, she definitely is sexy! but yeah I understand part of being royals is acting like you're puritan..

Comment

First and foremost i couldn't give a fuck about the wedding and i'm just glad it's over so it's off the news at last... Thats not an Irish anti-British sentiment it applies to all monarchys and i've no idea why in this day and age people care so much ... guess enough buy into the celebrity/fantasy/tradition culture that they like to gossip about their lives, wish they were a princess or some crap.

Originally posted by ZeUs!! View Post
                      Neil Lennon is manager of Glasgow Celtic. There are two big clubs in Scotland (your home nation), both from Glasgow, called Celtic and Rangers. Celtic have traditionally drawn their support from the Catholic community, Rangers Protestant. Neil Lennon is a Protestant from Northern Ireland managing Celtic, the Catholic club.

In Northern Ireland there are two rival factions over the issue of governance. Half the people feel Northern Ireland should remain part of the UK. They are loyalist, overwhelmingly Protestant and are big fans of their current governors and heads of the Protestant faith, the royal family. The other faction are Republicans who, as the name suggests, feel Northern Ireland should be part of the independent Republic of Ireland. They're catholic and not so big on the monarchy (who once denounced the Catholic pope, burnt their monasteries and set up the independent Church of England).

Scotland and Northern Ireland are closely linked due to their geographic proximity and common celtic heritage. The fact that Neil Lennon has chosen to align himself with the Catholic team has not gone down well with the Protestant half. They have also ignored the fact he isn't making a political statement, he's just managing a football team.

In the past Lennon has been sent death threats and posted bullets as a warning. In the last few weeks police have intercepted an explosive advice posted to him.

So yes, people above Reading care about the monarchy.
                      dunno why you brought up Neil Lennon , but he is a catholic and an article relating to the myth of sectarianism in scotland is here
                      http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...ta?INTCMP=SRCH

Being from Northern Ireland i know it has more than it's fair share of religious zealots and morons that wave flags on both sides without thinking but the vast majority would be like the rest of the UK and what they seemed to care most about the royal wedding was if they were getting a free day of work, i didn't ...
                      In my world,
                      I am King

sigpic

Comment

I fucking KNEW someone would make a post about this garbage.

I don't give a shit about any royal wedding, harry, william, or whoever the fuck anyone else's name or completely useless and undeserved title is. I don't know who the prince of whales is, I don't care what that means, and I find it pathetic that anyone else would ever bow to these people, let alone refrain from punching them in the face for using their tax money.

Actually, I didn't give a shit when "Diana" died either. Who cares? She was nobody special whatsoever. None of the "royals" are special. They are just people, and the only reason they HAVE titles or HAVE any money whatsoever is because of idiots like Zeus!!! who support them by paying them taxes and saying "THEY ARE TEH ROYALZFDLS!!!!"

So, in reality, the British people are the ones who get duped. You are the people who allow the royals from having any power, titles, money, or ability to live in a castle whatsoever.

What I DON'T understand is WHY you let them live in that castle at all? WHY do you pay billions of pounds in taxes to them, all for things like this wedding? WHY do you let them live in luxury they don't deserve? WHY do you let them take on titles, and then certify those titles by agreeing?

Do any of you brits realize that you could just say "we strip your power, take the money you already have and go pay rent somewhere" and be done with it? You could even let them pretend they are still kings and queens if you want, but make THEM pay taxes and make THEM pay rent, and make THEM pay for their OWN weddings. They should be able to do SOMETHING with all that money they inherited beyond waste it. Let them be a normal celebrity, pay for things themselves, and nobody would be so "upset" over a royal wedding.

I guess brits aren't that smart though. They would rather pay a shit ton of taxes so that they can keep the "royal" family rich, while also pretending they are better than you.

Here's a good question: If (for hypothetical reasons) the Queen decided she wanted to get into a fight with you, she beat your ass, but then you said "fuck this old woman" and you punched her in the face and broke her nose... would the Queen even get in trouble, or would you just rot in jail?

Also, if (for hypothetical reasons) the prince/king decided he wanted to kill his wife after a messy divorce, would he get in any trouble with the law, or would someone else be blamed in a freak "accident" and the royal family would never commit a crime and they aren't allowed to go to prison or to court? Oh wait...
                        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

tourism exalt, and for some reason its good to have pride for the offspring of a tyrannical king that was dethroned. i highly doubt the tax revenue picked up from tourist's buying hotel rooms and coffee mugs offsets the amount these fat cats spend. hosting a queen and her family is like perpetually hosting the Olympics. Sure, it's exciting and fosters national pride, but at the end of the day, is it worth the 20 billion you just spent watching people throw things really far and run really fast? By the way, have fun with the 2012 Olympics England. I'm not sure what part is better, paying billions over the course of decades for an event that lasts a few weeks, or the heightened security and terror alerts and warrant less searches and body x rays. Good news is they have already decided that they don't trust your lunch boxes so enjoy that McDonalds.

and guys, when someone posts hitler it's always a troll post, it's supposed to be obvious enough to be considered a joke at 33% power, get better. yeah I never knew heard of London bombings squeezer you twit.

Comment

whatever you say dude.

Comment

And the thing is: everything you posted was correct until that last sentence. The House of Windsor did finance the German war effort. Hitler visited Buckingham Palace on a couple of occasions.

But, he definitely tried to invade Britain. England was not spared in WWII because they had funded the Nazi party.

Comment

I found it odd that a royal would vow, "for richer or for poorer". wtf?
                                Eph

Comment

Working...
                                X