• Time
  • Show
Clear All

better than drowning in a sea of aids
    sigpic
    All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by apt View Post
      I don't know if I have the time nor energy to search out a degree. Guh, i dunno I'm just making excuses maybe.

I think I'm going to drown myself in marijuana and alcohol right now.
      Sounds like you have been very taken back by your temporarily defeat.
      Think it the positive way: defeat, like most other things, it is much better to learn how to properly treat it when you are young.

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
      First she says life is over at 40 and now she recommends screwing with other people’s money. Telcat's 5 years of groping through the first part of her career in hopes of finding happiness and wealth have been interesting to watch but it doesn't appear to me that she has found either.
      The pursuit of happiness and wealth is continuous … life is full of ups and downs. Sure I have not found eternal happiness and am not a billionaire. The fact is that I cannot imagine what I would do if I became a multi-billionaire who was always happy all of a sudden.
      Life is about setting goals and reaching them – and enjoy the journey in between. A person who does not dare to dream might as well be dead. Sure being poor in a capitalist society sucks, but I can hardly imagine doing something you have no interest of 8 hours a day, 5 days a week would be any better.
      I have quite few friends who are senior managers in big companies, my no-existing career is pale in comparison. But when people look at my resume, they usually agree I have worked on some interesting stuff. I can proudly say I wanted to work for a company that send me to travel the world (done that, tick), I wanted to work on automated trading machines (done that, tick … albeit only briefly), I wanted to be a quantitative developer (done that, tick).
      And guess what, I also have my own house, car and a company registered under my name (although I owe the bank half a million, and my company is worthless).
      As for happiness, I am happy by default, but I am also a realistic person, I have my thoughts, hates and fears, but that is normal.
      Telcat says 'play with other people’s money'. Sounds like a great place to be after a 40 year career and looking back, 'gee, I screwed 1000s of people out of their money while adding no real value' instead of 'gee, I worked hard and contributed in a meaningful and productive way'.
      I have never heard of a good banker before. Investment bankers are usually depicted as greedy pigs, and there is a reason for it. Welcome to the real world.
      Don’t listen to these fools who say that ‘doing something you like’ is a panacea. Every job will give you those days in which you think they will never end. Every job will give you days where you begin to understand why people sometimes go postal. When you hit those days in a ‘dream job’ where you are doing something ‘you love to do’, you will be taken to new lows.
      Why sounds so bitter Eph?
      Maybe you so should give every of your new recruits this same speech and watch them disappear faster than the autumn crickets.

Life is an experiment, it is a playground, because I worth it!
      ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

telcat reminds me of my saddest birthday
        can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Telcat is happy by default? Who knew?
          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
          www.animeslice.com

Comment

Working...
          X