No announcement yet.

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for your insightful contribution to this thread. Now back to more important matters:

SWTOR is gonna rock!
    6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
    3 league vet

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
      i have no idea how kids convince their parents to pay a bill for a video game
      just like they ask for money to go out and go to the movies (buy drugs)

Comment

got ppl ringing up in work going apeshit about early access

am i missing something ?

lets face it the game will be broken when it comes out and will need patched up

early access to get a few days to play a broken game doesn't seem that great to me

should call them beta testers paying EA for the privilege

alot of ppl on the phones seem really excited about it though so for their sake i hope it's a good game
        In my world,
        I am King

sigpic

Comment

I played in the beta last weekend and I have to say it had a lot less issues than many single player games today.

3 league vet

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure Drop View Post
            got ppl ringing up in work going apeshit about early access

am i missing something ?

lets face it the game will be broken when it comes out and will need patched up

early access to get a few days to play a broken game doesn't seem that great to me

should call them beta testers paying EA for the privilege

alot of ppl on the phones seem really excited about it though so for their sake i hope it's a good game
            i have been beta testing the game since the very first invite, and still am now.

compared to its first release in which there was no voice acting and only medium graphics available, it has come leaps and bounds every two weeks or so in terms of quality that they have implemented.

now i can't say much about late game balance and issues because there is a cap and some inaccessible areas, but in terms of "issues" there are far fewer than most games at release. hell skyrim has more glitches in 10 mins than this.

the only thing that is absolutely broken and will need a lot of work to fix is pvp. all ranged characters simply dominate melee in pvp right now; it is beyond a joke
            TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
            TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
            Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
            - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
            Originally posted by kthx
            Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

do you get spaceships and are you able to fly to different planets cuz that might be worth it

Comment

apparently you can get your own spaceship n stuff.

Comment

I got it and will be playing. Played some beta, but not to much since I didn't want to burn myself out to early.
                  Web

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
                    do you get spaceships and are you able to fly to different planets cuz that might be worth it
                    each character gets their own ship, although you can't pilot it as far as i know. your companions will come and stay on your ship with you and they will have convos and personal quests and stuff (much like the previous KOTOR games). if i remember correct too, there is some late game benefit to the bounty hunter/republic counterpart ship. Each class also has a somewhat different ship, altho a few models are similar
                    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                    Originally posted by kthx
                    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Naddist Rebels is the server the Thunder guild will be placed on for those of you who didn't get in the guild in time to see it. I have not gotten the email yet but i saw it on the site.
                      7:RoDNeY> u dont know what afk means u think it means the arab way of saying KFC

Comment

am on dat guild!!

Comment

Yea cya there bud lets fuck up some jedi scum
                          7:RoDNeY> u dont know what afk means u think it means the arab way of saying KFC

Comment

isn't this game just wow with lightsabers and spaceships???
                            sigpic
                            What is even the elblow?

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                              am on dat guild!!
                              Actually ended up on the same server as you all randomly. I'm from IMAGE. I don't know if we'll stay on this server though. 82 Empire to 20 Republic guilds doesn't seem to fun for PVP.
                              Last edited by Funk; 12-14-2011, 05:18 PM.
                              Web

Comment

Hmm, looking at the guild list for nudist rebels I think it's pretty 50/50. The list expands when you scroll down, so be sure to scroll all the way.

3 league vet

Comment

Working...
                                X