X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yep yep

Comment

• rhyming ones are the best

Two bodys have I, though both joined in one, the stiller I stand the faster I run.

WHAT WHAT WHAT AM I????

?????
      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
      Failure teaches success.

Comment

• Timeglass :x
        Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

• Originally posted by Bilbo
          Timeglass :x

you mean hourglass?

Comment

• not sure if this belongs here...
            but prove that sqroot(2) is irrational.

this is more maths than riddle, sorry if its in the wrong place
            -Sponic

Comment

• Let us assume that the square root of 2 was a rational number. It could therefore be expressed as a fraction of x/y where both x and y are integers and share no common factors (i.e. the fraction as expressed cannot be reduced any farther).

Therefore sqroot(2) = x / y

Hence, 2 = x^2 / y^2

Multiplying both sides by the denominator gives us: 2y^2 = x^2

From this equation, we can deduce that x^2 is even, hence x is also even.

Since x is even, we can express x = 2n where n is an integer. Therefore, returning to an earlier equation:

2y^2 = x^2 = (2n)^2, or simply 2y^2 = 4n^2

Divide both sides by 2 gives us:
              y^2 = 2n^2, which implies that y is also an even number.

However, that would mean that both x and y are even numbers. This creates a contradiction because we were operating under the definition that x / y cannot have a common factor. If they were both even, they would have a common factor of 2. Since there is a contradiction, the original assumption that the square root of 2 is rational must be false, hence 2 is an irrational number.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaGi kOz
                you mean hourglass?
                That's it, I was pretty sure I was wrong but I couldn't think of a better answer atm.

Comment

• TK is good
                  do you know this? work it out? get the answer from a website?
                  just wondered
                  -Sponic

Comment

• i bet more than half of the answers of the riddles in here were people that cheated and got it from websites.

Comment

• hey tk, can u prove derivatives? just wondering
                      there's more to life than meets the eye, but don't let that get you down.

"If someone throws a stone, throw bread back."
                      -anonymous

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
                      -Samuel Langhorne Clemens

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                      -Samuel Johnson

Comment

• That's a bit too vague of a request, syzygy, mathematically speaking. If you're asking for what I think you're asking, then yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaGi kOz
                          i bet more than half of the answers of the riddles in here were people that cheated and got it from websites.
                          Or repeats, most of the riddles here I've heard before. Including the hourglass one (which I got from Baldur's Gate 2).

Comment

• Originally posted by Bilbo
                            Or repeats, most of the riddles here I've heard before. Including the hourglass one (which I got from Baldur's Gate 2).
                            yes
                            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                            Failure teaches success.

Comment

• To you...who is your father's mother's uncle's sister's aunt's daughter's brother's father's cousin?
                              Trench Wars Broadcast Revolution (TWBR) - Visit: www.youtube.com/fieryfire3d

Comment

• How do you hit a blonde and she will never know it....with a thought!

How can you tell a smart blonde from a dumb blonde....the smart blondes have dark roots.

Why don't blondes eat pickles...because they get their heads stuck in the jar.

Why did the blonde get fired from the M & M factory...she threw out all of the W's.

How do you make a blonde laugh on Monday...tell her a joke on Friday.

What do you call a zit on a blonde's butt...brain tumor.

Why don't blondes make kool-aid...can't fit 8 cups of water in the little packages.

What do you call a blonde with half a brain...gifted.

Why do blondes have T.G.I.F. printed on their shoes...stands for Toes G o In First.

How many blondes does it take to change a tire .... 5--2 to get sodas, 2 to cry and 1 to call daddy.

How do you give a blonde a brain transplant .... blow in her ear.

What do blondes and beer bottles have in common .... they're both empty from the neck up.
                                Trench Wars Broadcast Revolution (TWBR) - Visit: www.youtube.com/fieryfire3d

Comment

Working...
                                X