This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by syzygy
    i once said that if the man could get into the room, then surely he can get out the same way, hence the door.

it turns out that the man used the saw to cut a hole in the table, and he climbed through the hole to get out of the room.
    My version is this.

Damn, i accidently said he had a saw. I'm sorry, he's supposed to have a mirror and a table.

The answer would be, he looked in the mirror, he sees what he saw, he took the saw, sawed the table into two halves. Two halves make a (w)hole. He took the whole threw it at the wall and climbed out.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

• u just solved ur own riddle...no comment

now that i think of it, that is how i've heard it.

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
      1. They -> There
      2. errers -> errors
      3. There are only 2 errors in the puzzle, not 3.
      u realize that if u just solved the puzzle, then u have an extra error.

Originally posted by Kim Eugene
      Give me an x, I'll stand to face you.
      Give me a cross, I'll turn my back on you.
      What am I?
      Originally posted by MaGi kOz
      is that right or not, i'm confused
      there's more to life than meets the eye, but don't let that get you down.

"If someone throws a stone, throw bread back."
      -anonymous

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
      -Samuel Langhorne Clemens

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      -Samuel Johnson

Comment

• Originally posted by syzygy

is that right or not, i'm confused

i don't know but it sounds right... doesn't it?

Comment

• to me, it doesn't sound right...that's what confuses me

-anonymous

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          -Samuel Johnson

Comment

• it is right

9 + 9 = 18

9 x 9 = 81
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.

Comment

• ohhhhhhhhhhh...

and my mathematical mind didn't think of that..i'm ashamed to call myself smart, even if the rest of my class is below me

-anonymous

-Samuel Johnson

Comment

• besides the obvious, why don't blind people like to skydive?

-anonymous

-Samuel Johnson

Comment

• I think that's a joke instead of a riddle, because the answer is it scares the shit out of the dog.
                  ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                  Failure teaches success.

Comment

• We place inside a box 13 white marbles and 15 black marbles. We also have 28 black marbles outside the box.

We remove two marbles from the box. If they have a different colour, we put the white one back in the box. If they have the same colour, we put a black marble in the box. We continue doing this until there is only one marble left inside the box. What colour is it?

EDIT: Changed the wording slightly. A small change, but it affected the answer.
                    Last edited by Troll King; 11-02-2003, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• You are given 10 sacks, each containing an unknown number of balls. (Yes, they are ball sacks, so get the giggles out of the way first.) All of the balls weigh 10 ounces each, except for the balls in 1 particular sack which weigh 9 ounces each. Unlike similar puzzles, you have a scale that actually gives weight measurements (Honestly, why would anyone use a balance scale for a job like this?) What is the minimum number of weighings needed to be sure which sack contains the 9 ounce balls?

(And by "to be sure", I mean not having to luck out and pulling out a 9 ounce ball on your first try.)

Comment

• Given these 8 chalk lines, where "=" is equivalent to 2 chalk lines:

\ / | | = |

Move just one chalk line to create a true equation.
                        1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
                        1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
                        1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
                        1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

• Originally posted by Troll King
                          We place inside a box 13 white marbles and 15 black marbles. We also have 28 black marbles outside the box.

We remove two marbles from the box. If they have a different colour, we put the white one back in the box. If they have the same colour, we put a black marble in the box. We continue doing this until there is only one marble left inside the box. What colour is it?

EDIT: Changed the wording slightly. A small change, but it affected the answer.
                          1) Keep drawing 2 black marbles until you only have 1 black marble left inside the box. RECAP: 13 white -- 1 black

2) Do the same thing for the whites until you have only 1 white marble left inside the box. This will of course add 6 more black marbles into the box. RECAP: 1 white -- 7 black

3) Now remove 1 white and 1 black, seven times. Each time you remove, you will be minusing one black marble, as a new white marble will be replenished into the box. Eventually only the white marble remains

I BETTA Be right for typing this much o.O
                          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                          Failure teaches success.

Comment

• Originally posted by Troll King
                            You are given 10 sacks, each containing an unknown number of balls. (Yes, they are ball sacks, so get the giggles out of the way first.) All of the balls weigh 10 ounces each, except for the balls in 1 particular sack which weigh 9 ounces each. Unlike similar puzzles, you have a scale that actually gives weight measurements (Honestly, why would anyone use a balance scale for a job like this?) What is the minimum number of weighings needed to be sure which sack contains the 9 ounce balls?

(And by "to be sure", I mean not having to luck out and pulling out a 9 ounce ball on your first try.)
                            wait, do the sacks have the same unknkown number of balls?
                            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                            Failure teaches success.

Comment

• Originally posted by Project
                              Given these 8 chalk lines, where "=" is equivalent to 2 chalk lines:

\ / | | = |

Move just one chalk line to create a true equation.
                              Proj, you're missing a line somewhere. Unless what you say is false, that there are not 8 chalk lines.
                              ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                              Failure teaches success.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kim Eugene
                                wait, do the sacks have the same unknkown number of balls?
                                No. It's irrelevant anyway, as you are allowed to take balls out of their sacks to measure them. The only thing you need to know is that each sack contains lots of balls and that all the balls in each individual sack is identical to the others in that same sack.

(In other words, the solution involves weighing the balls, not the sacks.)

Comment

Working...
                                X