This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annux

If, anything, the Economy could use a boost. And it will only get better when the War on Terrorism comes to a conclusion.

Not really, war usually helps the economy, that is what got us out of the great depression. Our economy would be about 10 trillion, I think that is the last closest estimation I heard, times better if we never had Reagan, then Bush in succession as presidents.
    -Knot
    2: DaNuMbA1OrGaZmO> virginia is where all faggots are from that wear a condum

Overwhelm> Maisoul used to be a loser
    Overwhelm> then he joined paladen and became leet ;)

Comment

Someone please point out any instances in which the United States was the aggressor without being provoked by a foreign power?

World War I? Our civilian passanger ships were constantly bombed by German submarines for no apparent reason save that we traveled on Foreign Waters (apparently the Ocean belongs to some people over others?)

World War II? Apparently someone bombed Hawaii and it turns our that someone was a member of the Axis powers.

Afghanistan? Oh right, that's an easy one. New York City is missing two rrrrrrrreally big buildings, not to mention the thousands of deaths of innocent, civilian personnel.

Vietnam, Korea, Serbia? - Sure maybe these were not direct threats against US, but I'd love to hear you tell me that the US didn't do the World a favor by stepping in. The threat of communism was sneaking over into Western Europe and spreading like wildfire over the entire European continent (Asia was already conquered at this point). South Vietnam and South Korea were some of the few, last strongholds from an Empire set on ridding the world of religion, instituting puppet governments, and using collectivization to crash whats left of the victim countries economies.' As for Serbia, I guess Milosevic couldn't have done us any damage, but we just have this weird grudge against genocide. Must be an American thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ennui

Not really, war usually helps the economy, that is what got us out of the great depression. Our economy would be about 10 trillion, I think that is the last closest estimation I heard, times better if we never had Reagan, then Bush in succession as presidents.
        -Knot

The economy is in a horrible state at this moment. The stock market is at its worst in a long, long time -- with numbers dropping to those of the early days of Depression.

"War usually helps the economy" That statement is only true for real full frontal war. The kind involving troops, drafts, mass weapon construction, and rapid technology advancements. None of this is happening because, well, there really is no one left to get in Afghanistan. The US has not declared war on any country state so there really is nothing going on now, save small strategic strikes. That's not war, and doesn't help us a bit. Once we start shipping soldiers to Iraq in 6-18 months, things should be bouncing high again.
        Last edited by Annux; 08-26-2002, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Ok Annux, usually I really look forward to reading your posts, I find you witty and insightful. But I am going to have to bitch at you for this one.

Threat of communism? I remember you writing something along the lines of "'blank' voted republican? ewww...." Yeah it sucks that that person did vote republican. But, back to the point. Communism is hardly a threat. In fact it is designed to help the people become equals. This means helping impovershed people, something liberals pride themselves on.

Secondly, I am anti-war in all possible aspects. I think us massacring hundreds and thousands of innocent people in a foreign country is absolutely wrong. But, they did it to us first. I think our job is done there. We should have pulled out a while ago. It is like sex with a chick you don't want to get pregnant, but you do. You always wish you pulled out earlier.

Our economy sucks, yes. Blame the rich republican fat cats who slaughtered our economy over the last 20 years, and mainly this past year with the likes of Enron and MCI screwing everyone. Fuck the fat cats, they suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ennui
            Ok Annux, usually I really look forward to reading your posts, I find you witty and insightful. But I am going to have to bitch at you for this one.

Threat of communism? I remember you writing something along the lines of "'blank' voted republican? ewww...." Yeah it sucks that that person did vote republican. But, back to the point. Communism is hardly a threat. In fact it is designed to help the people become equals. This means helping impovershed people, something liberals pride themselves on.

Secondly, I am anti-war in all possible aspects. I think us massacring hundreds and thousands of innocent people in a foreign country is absolutely wrong. But, they did it to us first. I think our job is done there. We should have pulled out a while ago. It is like sex with a chick you don't want to get pregnant, but you do. You always wish you pulled out earlier.

Our economy sucks, yes. Blame the rich republican fat cats who slaughtered our economy over the last 20 years, and mainly this past year with the likes of Enron and MCI screwing everyone. Fuck the fat cats, they suck.

That sucked, I am sorry.

Comment

The reason America is hated is because of the nation's tendencies to interfere in other nation's activities. Don't get me wrong, but I love America as an Chinese. I just wish the U.S. would get thier WTO and McDonalds outta China and stop using China as a factory because of the cheap labor.

-Bio
              TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
              TelCat> hoes get paid :(
              TelCat> i dont

Comment

You don't want to get me started on communism

Comment

Just to further clear up, the threat of communism speech was said in the view of the West, naturally Russia, Cuba, China, and E.E. saw it a little bit differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture
                    The reason America is hated is because of the nation's tendencies to interfere in other nation's activities. Don't get me wrong, but I love America as an Chinese. I just wish the U.S. would get thier WTO and McDonalds outta China and stop using China as a factory because of the cheap labor.

-Bio

Hey, that's more than ok with us. However, next time a Slobadan Milosevic, Adolf Hitler, Sadam Hussein, or Joseph Stalin come knocking on your door -- don't come to Uncle Sam because Uncle Sam is tired of you being ungrateful.

PS: Free Tibet.

Comment

Hey, that's more than ok with us. However, next time a Slobadan Milosevic, Adolf Hitler, Sadam Hussein, or Joseph Stalin come knocking on your door -- don't come to Uncle Sam because Uncle Sam is tired of you being ungrateful.

None of those people ever knocked before. So I dont understand how there could be a "next" time. Besides, we dont even know who Uncle sam is. Lastly, we cant be ungrateful for anything we never recieved.

and no. we will not free tibet. its not america's buisiness anyways, so butt out you social imperialists.

-bio
                      TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                      TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                      TelCat> i dont

Comment

<-------- Uncle Sam.
                        Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

It may be more than ok with US, meaning you and me. Because we see it as exploitation, and wrong. But it certainly isn't ok to the 350,000,000 americans who want cheap shirts shoes and electronics. I am not sure, but the last time I checked it was a good portion of those people who elected all of our leaders...

Comment

whoa history 101
                            To much information...brain...overloading...AHH!!!
                            4:Mootland <ER>> <- Mom of the year
                            4:Mootland <ER>> Hear ma baby
                            4:Mootland <ER>> Breast feeding time?
                            4:dll> YES
                            4:Mootland <ER>> Ok, take a suck
                            4:dll> u produce the best milk ^_^
                            4:Mootland <ER>> Hey, no teeth!
                            4:Mootland <ER>> ffs
                            4:dll> your nippies are red :P
                            4:Mootland <ER>> yes :\

Comment

we just have this weird grudge against genocide. Must be an American thing.
                              Ahh, so that's why the only able country, America, took actions in Rwanda in 1994 and stopped the slaughter of 800 000 Tutsi civilians, I get it now...

(this post is sarcastic for those that may not be familiar with the situation, a simple search on google for 'Rwanda Genocide' will fill interested parties in)
                              Last edited by castromarx; 08-26-2002, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Gotta love your way of thinking...

So you want us to stay out of the world's business while, at the same time, be involved in every single conflict, acting as a Father Figure?

Must be a communication problem....

Where are you from, CastroMarx?

Comment

Working...
                                X