This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Face

I'm with you on that one. Annux said that it's just a phrase and that it doesn't really mean anything, but ever since 9-11, it seems as if "God bless America" has become our predominant rallying cry. Everyone thinks God is on their side. If we beat the terrorists, it's because God was on our side. If they somehow prevail, they'll think it was because God was on their side. The fact that God is obviously on the side of whichever country is the best at fighting wars seems pretty ludicrous to me. It's the worst possible rallying cry we could come up with, in my book. We have American flags all over the place, and while I certainly don't have a problem with the people who put them up for support of people who are sacrificing or have sacrificed for our country, in general, I read all the American flags on cars, etc as more of a "we're the best, fuck everyone else" kind of statement.
    -Face
    I am an atheist, so I will refrain from commenting on the first part of your post. As to what you said about the flags on cars, I agree. There's an epidemic of false patriotism. It's sad, and I loathe it.
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
      I'm far too apathetic (in general that is) to make any solid points in this thread, however, I'll say this:

I think I want to try living in Australia for awhile. It just seems as though you never hear anyone bitching about Australia, ya know?
      Australia is quite peaceful of all the continents (although it's probably because they don't have much power anyway), but I heard that living down there isn't all that great.
      I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigwig
        i guess you can say annux is a typical american. free thinking, says what he wants, fairly intelligent. Nobody likes you.
        Bigwig, your ideas intrigue me. And i wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
        TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
        TelCat> hoes get paid :(
        TelCat> i dont

Comment

I am an atheist, so I will refrain from commenting on the first part of your post. As to what you said about the flags on cars, I agree. There's an epidemic of false patriotism. It's sad, and I loathe it.
          Agreed.
          TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Ennui

It may be more than ok with US, meaning you and me. Because we see it as exploitation, and wrong. But it certainly isn't ok to the 350,000,000 americans who want cheap shirts shoes and electronics. I am not sure, but the last time I checked it was a good portion of those people who elected all of our leaders...
            Tell the lazy 350 million Americans to get off their fat asses and make their own cheap shirts and electronics and stop sucking off of welfare money provided by the hard-working middle class. And the last time I checked, only a small portion of those people were chinese.

Down with W.T.O.

-Bio
            TelCat> i dont

Comment

This might shock and amaze you, but America didn't just barge into China and open up business. Chinese Government permitted foreign business' and investors to do overseas trading because it helps their economy, not to mention giving jobs to countless numbers of starving dogeaters. Ofcourse exploiting workers and taking advantage of children is disgusting and improper, but maybe you should just ask your Government representative why they 'okey-ed' American propositions, since:

A) Americans didn't just fly over with construction workers and build multi million factory buildings and offices without the approval, permission, and in many cases -- assistance/support of your Governments,

B) Americans did not point guns to your heads and exclaim, "Come work for my Text Tile Factory or I'll beat the Wang out of you." If the workers didn't flock into the factories, seeking employment in your wretched economy, there would be no American corporations there at all,

and

C) Apparently, the Chinese have a system of Labour Laws. Well, if American Businessmen are violating Labour Laws or any other Laws established by the nation in which they do business, China has every right to crack them and ship the fuckers out. But China won't. You know why? Because it cares as much about these workers as the Americans that employ them. What China does care about is, 1) Making a profit (as minute as it is), 2) Having trade relations with a Western Super Power, and 3) Enjoying low priced foreign imports exchanged/given for their 'services.'

Don't like this situation? Do something about it. During the Slave Era, the South didn't just raise Negroes out of corn flower and wheats. Negroes only come from Africa. Village Chieftains had no problems selling their own kin in exchange for gold and spices. Same situation here, minus the reparations debacle.

PS: Free Tibet, hypocrite.
              Last edited by Annux; 08-27-2002, 04:15 PM.

Comment

I'm far too apathetic (in general that is) to make any solid points in this thread, however, I'll say this:

I think I want to try living in Australia for awhile. It just seems as though you never hear anyone bitching about Australia, ya know?
                They won't let you stay. Australia loves tourists, but hates immigrants.

Edit: very nice posts Annux, and guy with weird cartoon avatar.
                Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Mattey
                  They won't let you stay. Australia loves tourists, but hates immigrants.
                  As far as I know, it is possible to obtain a two year citizen's visa. In order to reside permanently in the land down under, you must have either been born there (jus soli), or you must marry someone who was born there (which would sort of be jus sanguinus I suppose).
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Annux
                    This might shock and amaze you, but America didn't just barge into China and open up business. Chinese Government permitted foreign business' and investors to do overseas trading because it helps their economy, not to mention giving jobs to countless numbers of starving dogeaters. Ofcourse exploiting workers and taking advantage of children is disgusting and improper, but maybe you should just ask your Government representative why they 'okey-ed' American propositions, since:

A) Americans didn't just fly over with construction workers and build multi million factory buildings and offices without the approval, permission, and in many cases -- assistance/support of your Governments,

B) Americans did not point guns to your heads and exclaim, "Come work for my Text Tile Factory or I'll beat the Wang out of you." If the workers didn't flock into the factories, seeking employment in your wretched economy, there would be no American corporations there at all,

and

C) Apparently, the Chinese have a system of Labour Laws. Well, if American Businessmen are violating Labour Laws or any other Laws established by the nation in which they do business, China has every right to crack them and ship the fuckers out. But China won't. You know why? Because it cares as much about these workers as the Americans that employ them. What China does care about is, 1) Making a profit (as minute as it is), 2) Having trade relations with a Western Super Power, and 3) Enjoying low priced foreign imports exchanged/given for their 'services.'

Don't like this situation? Do something about it. During the Slave Era, the South didn't just raise Negroes out of corn flower and wheats. Negroes only come from Africa. Village Chieftains had no problems selling their own kin in exchange for gold and spices. Same situation here, minus the reparations debacle.

PS: Free Tibet, hypocrite.
                    Chinese government has nothing to do with the will of the people. Like you metioned earlier it is Communism. Chinese labor laws are made without the consent of the workers. Again I must stress that the purpose of American factories in China is to earn money from the chinese, not to "help" create jobs and revenue. And as for the "gun-to-the-head" part, most Chinese consider WTO to be put onto China by force. Just look at the middle eastern countries who rejected the WTO. They were called barbaric and uncivilized. Jeez, everbody wants to be liked by America, right?

I am not saying that trade is bad between the two countries, its just that one country is taking advantage.

No we will not free tibet. Why dont you free Hawaii? Hypocrite.

-Bio
                    TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture

Chinese government has nothing to do with the will of the people.

No we will not free tibet.

Comment

Chinese government has nothing to do with the will of the people.

That is not America's fault, nor its' responsobility. Go start a Revolution.

Like you metioned earlier it is Communism. Chinese labor laws are made without the consent of the workers.

Then China is not communist since communism is set up by the workers for the workers. Totalitarian governments do not affect us, and the minute they start to and we take action -- ungrateful rice-eaters will start burning US flags. Remember, you don't want the US intervening? Sort your own shit out, we got more than our own share of problems to deal with.

Again I must stress that the purpose of American factories in China is to earn money from the chinese, not to "help" create jobs and revenue.

The point of business is to make a profit. We make profit in exchange for employing your people, giving you trade options, dropping sanctions from the Cold War era, ignoring ALL the Human Rights Violations you sick fucks seem to commit on a daily basis, and setting up lower taxes on incoming exports. Is this a fair deal? Probably not. Is America taking advantage of the situation? To some degree, yes. But don't expect us to stop, if your own Government won't regulate.

And as for the "gun-to-the-head" part, most Chinese consider WTO to be put onto China by force. Just look at the middle eastern countries who rejected the WTO. They were called barbaric and uncivilized.

Pointing the finger at other countries just because you don't have an answer doesn't make you look intellegent. If the Chinese population considers the WTO and American Trade Propositions to be unfair, excessive, or unjust -- it should not have allowed the Corporations to cross the Seas. The fact that your Government doesn't represent your people is not my fault, and I should not be bothered by it -- because the second that I do, you will rally about me sticking my nose where it doesn't belong. The double-edged sword is only cutting you at this point.

Jeez, everbody wants to be liked by America, right?

I am not saying that trade is bad between the two countries, its just that one country is taking advantage.

And it will continue to do so until China takes a descisive action and makes a clear statement of "We don't want foreign Businessmen here because they take advantage of our hospitality and abuse our labour force." I'm not proud of the Corporations acting in this way, but I'll be damned to take any action about it until your Government shows an ounce of interest in the welfare of its own damn citizens.

No we will not free tibet. Why dont you free Hawaii? Hypocrite.

The difference between Hawaii and Tibet is that Tibet has been struggling for decades to be freed from an Atheist, violent Government because of the shame of even being recognized as part of China, while Hawaii has great surfing and has not once voiced any indications to leave the Union. Comparing Tibet to Hawaii is like comparing Vagina to a Graphing Calculator. I'll let it go this time though, because you clearly have no idea what the fuck is coming out of your head.

-Bio

Comment

Originally posted by Annux
                          That is not America's fault, nor its' responsobility. Go start a Revolution.

*we have. i believe its called the cultural revolution.

Then China is not communist since communism is set up by the workers for the workers. Totalitarian governments do not affect us, and the minute they start to and we take action -- ungrateful rice-eaters will start burning US flags. Remember, you don't want the US intervening? Sort your own shit out, we got more than our own share of problems to deal with.

*Communism is set up by rich people for the workers. It is by no means what karl marx's interpretation of what communism is, you triflin wheat-eater.

The point of business is to make a profit. We make profit in exchange for employing your people, giving you trade options, dropping sanctions from the Cold War era, ignoring ALL the Human Rights Violations you sick fucks seem to commit on a daily basis, and setting up lower taxes on incoming exports. Is this a fair deal? Probably not. Is America taking advantage of the situation? To some degree, yes. But don't expect us to stop, if your own Government won't regulate.

*Sick fucks? thats good to hear from people that nuked two cities. Geez, asia seems to ignore that too.

Pointing the finger at other countries just because you don't have an answer doesn't make you look intellegent. If the Chinese population considers the WTO and American Trade Propositions to be unfair, excessive, or unjust -- it should not have allowed the Corporations to cross the Seas. The fact that your Government doesn't represent your people is not my fault, and I should not be bothered by it -- because the second that I do, you will rally about me sticking my nose where it doesn't belong. The double-edged sword is only cutting you at this point.

*It may not be anyones fault. but it certainly isnt any of your damn business.

And it will continue to do so until China takes a descisive action and makes a clear statement of "We don't want foreign Businessmen here because they take advantage of our hospitality and abuse our labour force." I'm not proud of the Corporations acting in this way, but I'll be damned to take any action about it until your Government shows an ounce of interest in the welfare of its own damn citizens.

*Again. you dont seem to understand the situation of communism in China. Its not a democracy. keyword:NOT.

The difference between Hawaii and Tibet is that Tibet has been struggling for decades to be freed from an Atheist, violent Government because of the shame of even being recognized as part of China, while Hawaii has great surfing and has not once voiced any indications to leave the Union. Comparing Tibet to Hawaii is like comparing Vagina to a Graphing Calculator. I'll let it go this time though, because you clearly have no idea what the fuck is coming out of your head.

*China is by majority buddhist. We arent the ones that separated state from religion. Hey, you guys had to Annex hawaii, overthrown the queen, and faced anti-statehood rallies, whats the difference? Stop basing your answers and opinion and assumptions and take a look:

http://www.hawaiischoolreports.com/h.../statehood.htm

since youre obviously a biased white guy thats trying angrily to protect how "flawless" america is, ill let it go this time since youre obviously like any other flag-waving redneck.
                          TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Face

I'm with you on that one. Annux said that it's just a phrase and that it doesn't really mean anything, but ever since 9-11, it seems as if "God bless America" has become our predominant rallying cry. Everyone thinks God is on their side. If we beat the terrorists, it's because God was on our side. If they somehow prevail, they'll think it was because God was on their side. The fact that God is obviously on the side of whichever country is the best at fighting wars seems pretty ludicrous to me. It's the worst possible rallying cry we could come up with, in my book. We have American flags all over the place, and while I certainly don't have a problem with the people who put them up for support of people who are sacrificing or have sacrificed for our country, in general, I read all the American flags on cars, etc as more of a "we're the best, fuck everyone else" kind of statement.
                            -Face
                            I agree with everything you said except for the "If they somehow prevail," part. Even if they do prevail, God will still continue to "bless america" just like it "blessed america" with the event of 9.11.

-bio
                            TelCat> i dont

Comment

This thread is bringing up some newfound hatred i have for america that never previously existed. I admit its hard for me to stay unbiased for this discussion, so I'd like to personally apologize if ive offended any other open-minded Americans. I think the understanding of this situation is better than pointing fingers. Even you Annux. you may be a patriotic redneck, but you have your good reasons. Maybe one day everyone in the world can apperciate similiarities by first understanding the differences.

-Bio
                              TelCat> i dont

Comment

I have relatively close Australian relatives who immigrated there about 15 years ago. (In fact, I have relatives in many different countries, including Israel, France, and Germany)

Last year, these relatives from Australia took a trip all around the world, to Europe, Asia, and of course America. They made time to stay with us in America for 2 days. Rest assured, a lot of conversations revolved around their life in Australia. So unless you're from there, don't make assumptions. Fact is, Australia has a pretty decent economy... however, the cost of living is VERY high. Even higher than it is in western Europe. However, Australia is VERY open to immigration. There are numerous private and government organizations (like in the US) that protect and take care of immigrants. There is a working welfare system, etc.

So, you'd be right in wanting to live there. I know I would.

P.S. this summarizes all haters of America: "You think you're so much better than us, don't you? That ignorant thought of your supposed superiority makes me sick. Your country is insignificant next to mine. My beautiful European country is far superior to America!" Anybody see a logic flaw here?
                                Ask me about my explosive diarrhea!

Comment

Working...
                                X