Help the basing community; let new people play ?go base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help the basing community; let new people play ?go base

If you noticed, this year the TWLB squads are being cut back to 14 instead of 16 like it was last year. This is mostly because of the lack of decent base squads, which is in turn because of a lack of players. The dueling and jav communities are bigger than the base community, and a lot of that has to do with the way people get started in basing. The ?go base arena is really the only way.

A lot of the time, a new player will come into ?go base and sit there for hours, never getting picked. Eventually they will get sick of it, and give up. Sure, a lot of these people won't do very good on their first few games, but you have to give them a chance. If no one new ever gets to start playing base games, the whole deal is gonna turn pretty old and stale quick; and it already is starting to. Think about some of the best base players. All of them had to start like these guys that never get to play. If you let new people play and start getting into the whole base thing, we will have a lot more good players which will in turn raise the level of competitiveness in base/twbd/twlb etc. Maybe we could even have enough people to constantly run both base and base2. Maybe we could even have a full 16 squad TWLB full of competent squads.

If you're a captain, you should consider picking at least 1 new guy on your team. Go for the guy that isn't spamming or being a dickhead; at least let them get a chance to play. If they like it, they will stick around. Pick a really good team, and throw in a new guy. Give them a few tips (tell them to cram, etc) and if they do decent, pick them again. You can usually tell the new guys that really want to play and get involved apart from the newbies that accidently wander in and think it's a hosted game.

There is usually about 700 people on during peak times. There is no reason why there should be only 2-3 squads with 8 people on to base during those times. Help some new people start getting into base games or the whole deal is gonna turn to shit.
    sdg

stab is my new ss hero
    <claps>

totally agreed with him
    1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Gg Stabass :d
      There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
        If you noticed...
        Join an existing squad. Dont make a new one. I'm glad juice dissolved. Pfft, new squads are so new. OMG. I hope juice dissolves.
        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

They need to keep ?go base2 open and put a basealert in it. This way people would know when a game is starting there and go. When there is 30 people in ?go base there is little chance of getting picked unless you are well known and/or good at basing.

Sadly when I recruit for my squad I only get duelers come to the arena. No basers whatsoever. Which leads me to believe that you only get good basing skills if you are on/have been on a squad.

?go base along with pub 0 with pure pub settings (more pure than now) would get more players interested in basing.

Comment

The point is stab is just saying to the captains use your 7th or 6th pick for a newbie in the arena thats all. I perfectly agree with him most people know how frustrating it was when you first started Base dueling and really ?go base is nothing but practice imo.

Comment

great post stab, i totally agree. I know for someone like me, i have been basing on and off for a couple years now, and just because im not known in the basing community, and my squad doesnt say incuria or whiterabbits on it, i am usually picked near the end or not at all. its even worse for those people that have funny names or dont have a squadtag at all (aka newbs). Im just lucky i have a few chats loaded with basers, that way i can get into games more than i normally would
              I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

Comment

I have an even better method: get the "veteran" basers back into pub. By Stabwound's suggestion, only 2 or 3 people get to benefit per ?go base session. Go to pubs and show them how it's done, and you'll get a lot more.

Comment

screw pubs... and to a lesser extent, ?go base

Comment

if some dumb newb cant even get himself picked in go base thats his problem. i enjoy the eliteness of this league. anyway if you train a newb they will just join some new/shitty squad and then ditch that squad as soon as a better offer comes up.
                    Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                    apt>yes u can wtf
                    apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                    apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                    apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                    Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                    apt>na
                    apt>ill show you pictures
                    apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

You see, these two posts before mine are signs of a problem that's bigger than people not getting picked.

Comment

i agree with you that the elite people should go to the pubs troll king, but as i like to say, "when the going gets tough, the elite get going out of the arena." i try to tell people on my chats to pub with me and they come for a couple minutes, get killed in some ways they might not expect, and get pissed off and leave. most either dislike the unpredicability or dont like being killed by newbs. also if there is a private freq with elites on it, they will leave as soon as they start having trouble or facing a good challenge. in my opinion most 'basers' could be a whole lot better, but they refuse to challenge themselves because it takes effort and endurance.
                        Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                        apt>yes u can wtf
                        apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                        apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                        apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                        Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                        apt>na
                        apt>ill show you pictures
                        apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

When I get to cap which is hardly ever in ?go base (not complaining, I get to play enough) I try to get at least one person who isn't a regular player or seems to be new. It is taking a risk because base games tend to be very one sided and with the new time settings you get just enough time to turn a game around. I do try to play public and use normal basing ships and give information but most of it get thrown into the big mix of trash talk and is ignored.

Comment

I never cap anymore.
                            5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                            5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                            5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X