Help the basing community; let new people play ?go base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll King
    I have an even better method: get the "veteran" basers back into pub. By Stabwound's suggestion, only 2 or 3 people get to benefit per ?go base session. Go to pubs and show them how it's done, and you'll get a lot more.
    This may be admirable, but in practice it doesn't work. When I have pubbed and tried to help people out, they usually respond with "screw you" and sometimes they just decide to tk you.

I think the better idea would be to let new people play go base. Stupid things like tking on purpose doesn't happen as often, if at all. They're learning from more than just 1 person and in my opinion it would work better.
    The song doesn't make your hands clap,
    The hand claps make the song

Comment

How about you put a player limit on the ?go base arena? Make it like 20-25, so that way you get 16 people playing, the bot, maybe another bot to kick idles, and plenty of room for subs.

That way people are forced to go to the other base arena and start a game. I like that idea.
      Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

It works when you have more than one person who seems to know what he's doing. You go in there and you act like professionals. Do the job and the people will follow. I'm not talking about going in there and shouting directions (which I admit, I'm prone to do) but actually going in there and playing with them. People always say to ?go base to watch decent basers to learn. Why? You're asking people to go and WATCH other people play. Instead of doing that, just go to pub and play with the "regular player" and that way, they'll watch you play but they'll be playing along with you. "Vets" can muse all they want about the lack of good new basers, but taking a "let them eat cake" attitude with the average player base just makes the problems worse.

Comment

I try to pick 1 newish guy per game if there are a lot of ppl in the arena. picking a team full of new players isn't gonna make them learn though.

edit: forgot to tell I don't pick people who ask with a pm (new or vet) or spam generally.
          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
          5: Da1andonly> =((
          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
            I try to pick 1 newish guy per game .
            jeansi is the only capt that picks me anymore (fu gophar)
            SIGNATURE PROTEST: KEEP THE SHORT FFS

Comment

jean always pick me :P
              Code:
              1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
              1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
              1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
              1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
              1:lnx> kk
              1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

As a Suggestion:

If you're capping, during the picks you can say "ok who hasn't played in here yet? Ok, if you're willing to do what you're told and learn you can play." And if they don't do what they're told? sub em, then remember the name to never pick again.
                "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Pick j.po if you see him online.
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

I think Mayo has had the most practical idea so far. If we cap the arena and kick idles, then we can get a go base2 rnning and more people will be able to play.

Jason, j.po is on RB, he's not that new.
                    The song doesn't make your hands clap,
                    The hand claps make the song

Comment

Originally posted by Sarien
                      As a Suggestion:

If you're capping, during the picks you can say "ok who hasn't played in here yet? Ok, if you're willing to do what you're told and learn you can play." And if they don't do what they're told? sub em, then remember the name to never pick again.
                      Good idea, definately worth trying, if your a cap. (I personally try NOT to cap)
                      1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                      3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                      3:Best> see it coming
                      3:Best> sad

Comment

How many times are we going to rehash this same sad argument....

Comment

Sure ill pick a newbie, that newbie best not fuck up then. Unfortunaltly fuck ups happen, pulling a base game to crash and burn. but if the opposing cap is willing to pick a new guy, the other cap should too. Agree to do this, then that will solve your problem. I doubt any cap will pick a newbie when the other team is full of good basers.
                          Levs r gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Condit
                            Sure ill pick a newbie, that newbie best not fuck up then. Unfortunaltly fuck ups happen, pulling a base game to crash and burn. but if the opposing cap is willing to pick a new guy, the other cap should too. Agree to do this, then that will solve your problem. I doubt any cap will pick a newbie when the other team is full of good basers.
                            I'll just double lanc with TSM and still win.
                            5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                            5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                            5: Da1andonly> =((
                            5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                            5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                            5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

last year there weren't 16 competitive twlb squads.

Comment

Only thing I dont like(and i can see why it happens) is when im always a spider...im better at other ships yet always a spider(They dont know, and couldnt possibly know that im better at oh say wb...than i am a spider...so i dont complain too much )

Comment

Working...
                                X