No announcement yet.

Help the basing community; let new people play ?go base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shit, im the best baser around, and PriitK invented TW. I'd say our family blood is better than any shit herpes you guys got.
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
      Name a good base squad that came from pubs that didn't play ?go base at all. Rejected Basers is the only one that is even close.
      For TWL5 (or whichever one was the first that wr played in) none of us played in ?go base. Well, not entirely true, but it wasn't the 8v8 thing you know now. ?go base was just another basing map. I beleive only two of wr had played in private basing, namely myself and project. And we were good, for our time. Camisade was also good right out of the box, although I can't speak for certain because they might have been sneaking in when I wasn't watching. Now, maybe times have changed more than I thought and pubs no longer can raise the talent and skills. I must admit that when wr got to leagues, we had some pros give us some pointers.

However, I do see your point, to some extent. Regardless of whether anyone NEEDS ?go base to get good, people think they do. Almost noone with talent is going to "waste" it in pubs, they want to move up to ?go base. I am definately NOT against letting nubs play. I do stand by my assertion that ?go base is more likely to result in bigger squads not more squads.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMet
        The whole brothers or relatives thing doesn't work so well, there is usually a large difference between playing skill between brothers. Except FairLights and Redlights they are both good basers. But Stayon and Kesser... BIG difference.

I think Jamal's bro is CJW btw, the KJW ripoff guy.
        I wasn't implying there is any skill correlation. I'm just saying pick the dude because JAMAL asked me to a few times, and I figured I'd spread the word.
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMet
          The whole brothers or relatives thing doesn't work so well, there is usually a large difference between playing skill between brothers. Except FairLights and Redlights they are both good basers. But Stayon and Kesser... BIG difference.

I think Jamal's bro is CJW btw, the KJW ripoff guy.
          Ethena is my sister and is a really good spider, probably one of the best on our squad if she would come online more often. She got spid MVP in ?go base 3 times in a row the other day.
          sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Verthanthi
            ...whiterabbits and camisade...
            I know... but we are talking about after ?go base showed up for public play. I don't think there is a single new BD squad of NEW players since then, besides maybe Rejected Basers (even then I don't know).
            sdg

Comment

i hate go base
              Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
              apt>yes u can wtf
              apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
              apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
              apt>so i dont miss the toilet
              Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
              apt>na
              apt>ill show you pictures
              apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                I wasn't implying there is any skill correlation. I'm just saying pick the dude because JAMAL asked me to a few times, and I figured I'd spread the word.
                I think "lil flip" is Jamal's brother, but don't quote me on that.

Frankly, ?go base is really what has developed my basing abilities, so I have to give credit for that. But like someone already mentioned, it's really turned into a recruiting station for squads like R.B. and others.
                5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

go base just shows you the ropes a basing match. if you have played 5 games you have played them all. almost every spider sucks because he is too busy obeying his instinct rather than doing what he knows he should, but is too selfish to do.
                  Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                  apt>yes u can wtf
                  apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                  apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                  apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                  Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                  apt>na
                  apt>ill show you pictures
                  apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Originally posted by WiseCherub
                    The greatest strength of the pubs is the freedom in an arena with a large population. Good point GoldenPlums, in regards to main objective (CTFR ) in pubs.
                    I'm not sure what your point is here. Yes, the strength of pub is its freedom/randomness. I don't know why, but some people like LTing or dueling in spawn. If they're having fun, good for them. But the point of Guanobot is to allow some sort basing to happen. I like the idea of running continuous timed games in pub. It'd be like EG pub except games would only last 15 minutes. I don't have a very long attention span anyway.

In addition to what's been said, newbies would have a better idea of what's going on in ?go base. It would be just like pub 0 except with chosen 8v8 teams. If you like pub 0, hey, check out go base.

Khako, good luck with Quirion. It's not easy starting a basing squad- it takes a lot of patience, losing, and time. But it can be done. Keep playing games in go base and TWD as much as humanly possible.

Comment

Sorry to misuse the SS negger term Da Gopher; lets make a word that represents what I mean -> -vebaser.

-vebaser= Negative (or anti) baser, a player who doesn't follow the arenas main objective, but has an alternative objective as I discussed before.

Negger = deliberately hitting weaker ships or not allowing them to green up, etc.. ??

Capital knockers wasn't my idea for 2hrs time race in pubs, someone else mentioned this. But yes, lots of good ideas in here as far as I can see.

Yeah, as for basing goes lunch3, I only really focussed as a basebird. About around late-spring or summetime I started to know what a pain you were in mid-base...lol... like you never quit coming at us, no mercy..lol.. Thanks for compliment, yeah your one of the best spiders I ever seen in the pubs, ohya and don't forget sweeper, baby bunny, and paintball (more of a spider dueler).

Its sometimes hard to balance your focus in TW sometimes, either I concentrate on dueling or basing; tough call.

When I was on Warpath briefly 1 month ago, Nemiseph let me be a basebird in a twbd match vs Avalonion; most fun I ever had in twbd, was great fun trying to get that demonofdarkness terrier.

Comment

negger means someone with negative bounty. Or at least it used to.

Comment

Originally posted by wadi
                          How many times are we going to rehash this same sad argument....
                          If the same topic/idea keeps coming up (and its not by the same person), then I'd say the trench wars people have spoken and they want something done about it, I like mayo's idea, I think its feasible and I think it will solve atleast SOME of the problem. A poll should be put up in polls about this, maybe to get a better # of opinions on what should really happen.
                          1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                          3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                          3:Best> see it coming
                          3:Best> sad

Comment

Public owns, there is where you learn how to fly your ship. You can't spawn elite players just like that. The good squads come from people that have been playing for years.
                            The reason that there are so little competative squads is because
                            1. Good people group together
                            2. Squads rosters are large

Now I really don't care much about the number of squads that are around for TWL. I know I will have fun playing them.
                            But if you really want your problem fixed, you have to limit squadrosters.
                            Ofcourse this is harsh, because people like their squad, and they want to be active. But it's a choise you have to make.
                            If you limit the squadrosters, squads can no longer just group all their old elite vets, that aren't too active. No they will have to drop the inactive ones and replace them by some lesser but more active players.
                            The inactive vet will have to find a new squad with all active players, that look up to him, and are happy to give him a spot for when he comes online.

If you allow veterans and new players to mix, you shorten their learningcurve. But you can't expect to just create some awesome players out of newbies in 2 weeks time.
                            You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera
                              Public owns, there is where you learn how to fly your ship. You can't spawn elite players just like that. The good squads come from people that have been playing for years.
                              The reason that there are so little competative squads is because
                              1. Good people group together
                              2. Squads rosters are large

Now I really don't care much about the number of squads that are around for TWL. I know I will have fun playing them.
                              But if you really want your problem fixed, you have to limit squadrosters.
                              Ofcourse this is harsh, because people like their squad, and they want to be active. But it's a choise you have to make.
                              If you limit the squadrosters, squads can no longer just group all their old elite vets, that aren't too active. No they will have to drop the inactive ones and replace them by some lesser but more active players.
                              The inactive vet will have to find a new squad with all active players, that look up to him, and are happy to give him a spot for when he comes online.

If you allow veterans and new players to mix, you shorten their learningcurve. But you can't expect to just create some awesome players out of newbies in 2 weeks time.
                              Just out of curiosity, how many people, do you suggest, should be the max limit for a roster?
                              1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                              3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                              3:Best> see it coming
                              3:Best> sad

Comment

Again I want to point out I don't have problems the way it is. But if you have problems I would say 20. But then again, maybe you should divide divisions rosters then too.
                                You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Working...
                                X