Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shriek might be "racist" , but you have like 3 members talking when they have like 30 members (too lazy to check its late). So your just making a hasty generalization that all of shriek is racist. Its like saying for example saying that I went to europe and got in a fight with a frenchmen. I can now say that all french get in fight with americans? If you give me a chat of them all saying something racist your point is made, but now its really just a hasty generalization.

Comment

look up the word <prohibited word> in the dictionary.
      I mean come one dude, why the fuck do you care what other people say? If you dont like it that much then ignore it you whiney bitch.

But we DO have a policy not to use those words here. Refrain from doing so please -Rodge
      Last edited by Rodge_Rabbit; 06-06-2004, 08:22 AM.
      2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Russians arent their own race Dark.

And does degrading people really matter if there is no victim? gtfo people speaking on a private chat with their friends. It's not really your business.

Originally posted by Awesome
        If you don't like what is said on someones squad chat that you are not a member of, get the fuck off their chat.
        I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
        I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Kaos
          look up the word nig in the dictionary.
          I mean come one dude, why the fuck do you care what other people say? If you dont like it that much then ignore it you whiney bitch.
          Maybe because it actually means something? I mean, you're not black, you might think you are, but you aren't. Call a black guy a '<prohibited word>' in real life. If your jaw still exists, ill pay you money and step down.

You Fag.

^YOU HAVE TO IGNORE THAT CAUSE YOU SAID THATS WHAT YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO DO, GFG
          Last edited by Rodge_Rabbit; 06-06-2004, 08:23 AM.
          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by foobarz
            And at least up in the Northeast United States these days, racism isn't tolerated by respectable people. Our country has had a sad history about this which is still healing.
            Originally posted by foobarz
            That's bs. Racism and discrimination and blind hate are not unique to Americans. Look at the Israeli-Palestinian issues, or all the Sunni and Shi'ite Muslims in Iraq or how Europeans used to own slaves. Discrimination for whatever reason has occurred in every country in the world. This isn't "american bullshit." Frankly, based on your reflex to insult America, you have some negative stereotypes in your own mind of people you have never met.
            :down:

Comment

Originally posted by pan
              shriek might be "racist" , but you have like 3 members talking when they have like 30 members
              No, I can count at least 5 of them who talk like this, including 2 assistants and a cap who doesn't care, and their chat is named that, and I've talked to at least 2-3 people who have said they quit the squad because Shriek was racist. And at least 4 former squadmembers who have said most or much of the squad was racist, and a captain who acknowledged it.

I think that's enough of a sample.
              1:Zerzera> aura shut up
              1:Zerzera> you hate my recruits because I am muslim
              jdigs3> jdigs offers u his protection

Comment

Ignoring and just turning a blind eye to this problem isn't going to fix it. It does matter Izor, I don't and i'm sure the majority of the populas does not like hearing racism or "Just joking racism" in tw or in their lives, even if it isn't dirrected at my own race. I know first hand that although kids might not be really racist and are just using this in their normal lingo that it will effect their language and their opinions. I have had to kick the shit out of Cops many times because of this.

Edit: BTW i'm address racism outside of chats here read below.

I don't know if SSC has any rules regulating the existance of chats using racist words. Take it up with them, tw staff has almost nothing to do with chats.
                Last edited by Kolar; 06-06-2004, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Racist people are <prohibited word>.
                  Last edited by Rodge_Rabbit; 06-06-2004, 08:24 AM.
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

?chat's are private. you can say whatever you want on them. if you hear something you don't like, leave the ?chat. Don't come to the forums to whine about it.

Comment

Shriek is a nice place where Cig Smoke belongs, he can vent his ignorance in his chat whenever he wants. Hey Cig, remember when you were making Scythe and everyone left because you were racist? Yah, those were the days. Glad he found a nice home though.

And no, I don't hate you Cig, I hope this post doesn't make it look that way... I don't hate the racist I hate racism... I don't hate the playah I hate the game.

BTW, how did you gain access to the Shriek chat Foob? Why did you give it out? I know you were quite ticked off about this deal, but giving our their chat isn't the noblest idea either.

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
                        RUH ROH!

Stellar
                        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
                          ?chat's are private. you can say whatever you want on them. if you hear something you don't like, leave the ?chat. Don't come to the forums to whine about it.
                          If it was just in chat, I wouldn't have noticed it. None of my quotes are from their chats.

And while ?chats aren't regulated by TW, that doesn't mean they are necessarily private. There's no rule that you have to keep quiet on things people say in chat, and while I generally do, I don't feel an obligation to keep someone's racism a secret.

Also, "Awesome," why might I ask are you defending the racists?
                          1:Zerzera> aura shut up
                          1:Zerzera> you hate my recruits because I am muslim
                          jdigs3> jdigs offers u his protection

Comment

foobz i agree one hundred percent......i go to school in a very diverse School (out of 500 kids about 370 of em are minorities) and lemme tell u that i have a big problem with racism.....newhere.....I have friends who would be terribly offended by that.....whether it was joking or not.....so how about we dont offend neone and just call ppl Newbs instead.....Newb and FFs havent gotten tiring yet have they?

-Spring Vamp
                            Originally posted by Tone
                            Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                              Racist people are <prohibited word>.
                              Prime exmaple of staff not caring.
                              Last edited by Rodge_Rabbit; 06-06-2004, 08:26 AM.
                              Kyle G> Did you know theres bowling alleys in Noahs Ark?

Mike Modano_09>I dunno....I dont watch Star Trek.

Comment

Who cares if people are racist in private chats.
                                sage

Comment

Working...
                                X