Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo, Ive been on Shriek Cripples and Value. Guess that means im racist?
    2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

• All I got out of your post was 'football' and 'Nimrook'. Oh, and racist. So, football played in the town of Nimrook is racist.
      The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Troll King
        That's not a solution, that's part of the problem.

Like I said earlier, why do people want to tell people to stop complaining about racism instead of telling people to stop being racist in the first place? There just isn't a place for racism in a just society. The old "Sticks and Stones" argument is just a pacifier that people tell children to protect them in the playground, yet every child knows that words can hurt more than sticks or stones. It's the same when dealing with racism. Saying "just ignore it" doesn't get rid of the problem, it just allows it to stagnate until people think it is inevitable.
        SSCU Trench Wars has had a banning-for-racist-remarks policy since mid-2002, as far as I know (it was pretty well-entrenched at the time I stopped playing). Would you say that this has been an effective policy?
        Originally posted by Ward
        OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

• Without reading more than 2 lines from the post and igonring all the replies I can easily say I agree with foobarz.. foobarz is the best what our supirior black race could ever produce, a true american with true opinions and with the brains to back it up. Racism is wrong, saying ______ isnt cool, people cant help they're black.. Black people get a bad reputation since they're poor and steal cars, I don't mind that, unless its my car.. But why do they always haveto beg for money for "bus tickets".. Actually, you're wrong foobarz, why dont you go play on the highway with a black pole up your ass you faggot!

Laters
          Suddy
          Last edited by PH; 11-12-2008, 01:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vykromond
            SSCU Trench Wars has had a banning-for-racist-remarks policy since mid-2002, as far as I know (it was pretty well-entrenched at the time I stopped playing). Would you say that this has been an effective policy?
            I would say that it's better than ignoring all instances of racism as many people are suggesting.

Comment

• Die racists.. DIE !
              7:Barton> hi tats
              7:Barton> still no smod?
              7:Barton> :(
              7:Tatsumaru uk> heh no
              7:Barton> guess u need to do more ass kissing

3:Harder> we could be like tom cruise in top gun with team speak
              3:Harder> "MAVRIC I GOTTA BIRD ON MY BACK!!"

8:Ghast> LOL METALKID LOOKS LIKE A WEASEL ROFLROFL

Comment

• Originally posted by Troll King
                I would say that it's better than ignoring all instances of racism as many people are suggesting.
                Really? I'm not sure that I agree (for the obvious argument of attention-seeking immaturity and/or just plain Jane immaturity that will be inflamed/won't be taken away with a ban, etc. etc.). I would argue that the current policy has done little, if anything, to decrease racism in the zone. This is difficult to prove, of course.

Actually, your first suggestion in this post would probably be the best idea, bar all debate. Increasing the length of the ban would probably put a stop to public racist remarks pretty quickly; a slap on the wrist just leads to threads like these every month or so, whereas a longer ban would probably earn a shitload of debate in the short term and a better play environment in the long term. Is it the "right" policy? Maybe not. Would it work to reduce the volume of racist remarks in TW public chats? Yeah, it would.

So it's probably not such a bad idea.
                Originally posted by Ward
                OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

• I say n***** and j** and other racist remarks all the time, but im not racist.
                  i feel by saying these words we will dull the actualy racial meaning of the words. So by saying wassup my n*****, im not trying to offend a black person hell i have many black friends that i call n****** all the time because they know me they know im not racist and they dont really care about it.
                  racisim is still a big deal because people still give it the attention it wants, If people didnt flip out about it i think it would just fade away. ::farts::
                  |~ O
                  |~ /-- *
                  |~/\
                  _______
                  Rush

Comment

• Congratulations with posting the dumbest post ever !!!
                    GJ.
                    7:Barton> hi tats
                    7:Barton> still no smod?
                    7:Barton> :(
                    7:Tatsumaru uk> heh no
                    7:Barton> guess u need to do more ass kissing

3:Harder> we could be like tom cruise in top gun with team speak
                    3:Harder> "MAVRIC I GOTTA BIRD ON MY BACK!!"

8:Ghast> LOL METALKID LOOKS LIKE A WEASEL ROFLROFL

Comment

• a2m> i say "sup n*ggas" when i enter chat
                      a2m> that dosent mean i'm racist
                      a2m> you guys make the word racist
                      a2m> its just a word
                      Zerzera <Z> lol
                      a2m> it dosent mean i'm racist
                      Zerzera <Z> You are stupid
                      a2m> you interpert it that way
                      a2m> but i'm not racist
                      Zerzera <Z> Thats what a language is about!
                      Zerzera <Z> omg the word chair doesnt mean anything! YOU JUST GIVE IT A MEANING
                      Zerzera <Z> congrats a2m!
                      a2m> ^
                      a2m> thank you
                      ^jerome> if words didnt have meaning then we wouldnt be talking
                      Zerzera <Z> You just discovered that you can communicate with people by a language!!!
                      foobarz> lol
                      Zerzera <Z> YOU GIVE WORDS MEANING!
                      ^jerome> a2m says he isnt racist, the word 'isnt' has no meaning, zerz please interpet it as 'ban me' and oblige
                      Zerzera <Z> Now let's not use words to discriminate people, ok a2m?
                      a2m> please oblige
                      You ate some priest porridge

Comment

• dice is a racist squad
                        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                        1:waven> is if im going to prison
                        1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

• Originally posted by foobarz View Post
                          So, one thing I first might state, is that I'm white. But I hate racists. And almost every person on Shriek I've seen is racist. They think calling people the n word is funny, and that dissing black people is funny. It's not funny. It's bigoted and prejudiced and only the lowest of human scum will call people it. Within the past century people were cruelly lynched, like what the Iraqis did to American soldiers, for no reason at all. Racism is sick. And at least up in the Northeast United States these days, racism isn't tolerated by respectable people. Our country has had a sad history about this which is still healing.

But Shriek, I've heard from several former members that as a squad thing they think racism is funny and calling people the n word is funny. People getting lynched for no reason, they find this funny. Even their chat has it in its name (their chat is ?chat=tw4n_____s (without the blanks), and just this moment, I checked it and mess,Nimrook,ruine,merce were in there)

And I mentioned this racism to a2m, their captain, cause I figured he might be above it, but he isn't (I had his name mixed up with a mod from a while ago, I guess). It's sad really.

And to prove my point, here are a few things I've seen them say (and I've seen more, from people like Adman, but don't feel like searching through all my logs):

9:mess> LOL <prohibited word>

9:mess> foobarz is <prohibited word>
                          9:mess> saying <prohibited word> isnt necessarly racist

9:ruine> stfu <prohibited word>

9:ruine> Its like a reflex for me to type <prohibited word>

9:ruine> Im not racist irl
                          9:ruine> just in ss actually

9:ruine> mess
                          9:ruine> thats cuz you are a <prohibited word>
                          9:ruine> <prohibited word>

P foobarz> a2m
                          P foobarz> are u there
                          P a2m> yea
                          P foobarz> do u know that ur team has racists on it?
                          P a2m> yea
                          P foobarz> ppl like Adman, asying n word in ?go base
                          P a2m> so?
                          P a2m> your point?
                          P foobarz> u are pro racism?
                          P foobarz> u should tell ur squad to not be racist
                          P a2m> why
                          P foobarz> or keep it to themselves
                          P a2m> i dont care what they say
                          P foobarz> cause racism is a plague on society maybe?
                          P a2m> maybe its funny?
                          P foobarz> no not really

I can understand your point, but stating those words is illegal in this fora's. Please refrain from doing so -Rodge
                          This is a damn funny post... look at shriek's chat name!
                          Dice
                          TWLB Champions Season 8
                          TWLJ Champions Season 8
                          TWLB Champions Season 10
                          TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

• Originally posted by foobarz View Post
                            So, one thing I first might state, is that I'm white. But I hate racists. And almost every person on Shriek I've seen is racist. They think calling people the n word is funny, and that dissing black people is funny. It's not funny. It's bigoted and prejudiced and only the lowest of human scum will call people it. Within the past century people were cruelly lynched, like what the Iraqis did to American soldiers, for no reason at all. Racism is sick. And at least up in the Northeast United States these days, racism isn't tolerated by respectable people. Our country has had a sad history about this which is still healing.

But Shriek, I've heard from several former members that as a squad thing they think racism is funny and calling people the n word is funny. People getting lynched for no reason, they find this funny. Even their chat has it in its name (their chat is ?chat=tw4n_____s (without the blanks), and just this moment, I checked it and mess,Nimrook,ruine,merce were in there)

And I mentioned this racism to a2m, their captain, cause I figured he might be above it, but he isn't (I had his name mixed up with a mod from a while ago, I guess). It's sad really.

And to prove my point, here are a few things I've seen them say (and I've seen more, from people like Adman, but don't feel like searching through all my logs):

9:mess> LOL <prohibited word>

9:mess> foobarz is <prohibited word>
                            9:mess> saying <prohibited word> isnt necessarly racist

9:ruine> stfu <prohibited word>

9:ruine> Its like a reflex for me to type <prohibited word>

9:ruine> Im not racist irl
                            9:ruine> just in ss actually

9:ruine> mess
                            9:ruine> thats cuz you are a <prohibited word>
                            9:ruine> <prohibited word>

P foobarz> a2m
                            P foobarz> are u there
                            P a2m> yea
                            P foobarz> do u know that ur team has racists on it?
                            P a2m> yea
                            P foobarz> ppl like Adman, asying n word in ?go base
                            P a2m> so?
                            P a2m> your point?
                            P foobarz> u are pro racism?
                            P foobarz> u should tell ur squad to not be racist
                            P a2m> why
                            P foobarz> or keep it to themselves
                            P a2m> i dont care what they say
                            P foobarz> cause racism is a plague on society maybe?
                            P a2m> maybe its funny?
                            P foobarz> no not really

I can understand your point, but stating those words is illegal in this fora's. Please refrain from doing so -Rodge
                            Racism is an opinion, people can choose to harbour these prejudices or not, but something i will say is you don't see racist people trying to "convert" you into racism, therefore show the same respect back and respect an alternate opinion from you own.

Comment

• I remember this thread coming up in the forum search when I looked up the N-bomb out of boredom. I never could find it, though.

No reviving dead threads, blah blah, closed.
                              Originally posted by Tone
                              It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                              Originally posted by the_paul
                              Gargle battery acid fuckface
                              Originally posted by Material Girl
                              I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Working...
                              X