No announcement yet.

If you stopped playing, why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok the lag I completely get. Fair complaint normally I play with my settings on to see who has the highest and why bother with people who have over 300+ shooting at or even letting them chase you or if their ping is bouncing between 300 and in the double digits like 70 that shiz makes no sense. Know something funky is going on there. There are clear examples of old timers using this exploit. I have video after video of it. Then again so what ya cant change the internet and i'm not going to force them to change providers or the mods minds that they are doing something uncouth lmao.. So learn to lead your targets with shitty lag or I mean I honestly dont know what to tell you this game is older than some of its players lol.. Enjoy the community. Enjoy the fun you do get out of it. Enjoy the joy you can make out of it yourself ya know? TBH Lag isnt the problem so much as the community but thats another topic for another day.

Comment

LAGINATOR PING-1000

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
        It's also really demoralising to have to keep reporting laggots. Reported this guy for several days before a staffer responded. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wChNKoJOm2Y Whatever lag limits are supposed to exist aren't actually enforced with any useful regularity.
        this cheater is still playing....
        lost count of how many times i've reported him.
        he had about 30 mins locked in spec, then went right back to it.
        other than that, staff hasn't even replied to my cheater calls.
        does this zone even have staff?

Comment

loool put [the word] in my cheater call (as a bit of an experiment to see if staff even see my cheater calls) and immediately staff show up and silence me, let the cheater continue to play, then fuck off back to whatever they were doing.

I guess lag cheating is allowed now. Have at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
            loool put [the word] in my cheater call (as a bit of an experiment to see if staff even see my cheater calls) and immediately WillBy show up and silence me, let the cheater continue to play pub, then went back to running TWDT.

I guess lag cheating is allowed now. Have at it.
            FTFY

Comment

ty for confirming lag cheating is permitted.

Comment

btw this shit never ticks down.

TW-RoboCop> You've been silenced for 60 (60 remaining) minutes because of abuse and/or violation of Trench Wars rules.

can't use bots, which is basically essential for playing twdt. good job.

Comment

2 hours since my 1 hour silence began...

TW-RoboCop> You've been silenced for 60 (60 remaining) minutes because of abuse and/or violation of Trench Wars rules.

Comment

lol pretty sure you have to play the game for the minutes to start ticking down

faggot

Comment

I've quit multiple times for different reasons. Sometimes school/life, and sometimes just randomly due to lack of interest.

The new server is a shame since repels do not work as well but it's a free to play community run game running for like 25 years so it might be too much to ask. Beggars can't be chooser after all

The new moves to an improved player experience are in the right direction I think. Still, banter has always been part of the game and it is up to staff to check where they'll draw the line between shit talking and harassment. So far I think they've done a great job in my opinion

Comment

Loved the game just like anybody else, and also used the game as an ocasional escape to problems much like most have done even if they don't admit it. It's just a game, but it's not just a game.

For the most part for alot of years, the only game I played, was just pure enjoyment, competing, spreading positivity and being the goof I'm known for. After starting in late 2002 and playing till the end of 2016, only missing TWL matches due to lag (half of season 7, 8, entirity of season 12 and regular season 14), or it's schedule being on the middle of the summer and the vast majority of older TWDT's. Was around for the most part, saw everything from it's golden years (except 98-02 era), have a memory of a dinossaur of TW's events, and trully appreciate most of the connections I've did to a personal level (some nearly 20 years by now).

My goal was quite simple: I enjoyed spidering and basing. So, I wanted to get good in base and win eventually. Saw myself, only 6 months after of starting the game, trying to be added in season 6 playoffs for Spastic by PL, only blocked due to unclear roster rules by then, given that my previous squad (Camisade) dissolved mid-season and I still had to debut in the league. Given my skyrocket learning speed those 6 months, I felt technically I did win, but I never played it due to a rule, so on paper, I never had it and never will.

This part of my story, ironicly which I value, is what pushed me forward for so many years, especially the first ones, trying to get what was "mine". My blood is special, what can I say eh? I beat the game 17 years ago, and could of jumped to a better game but saw my self attached to this, for it's competitiveness, it's IRC chat program similarities and it's community, you guys.

I quit by the end of 2016 up until February of this year (when game was super active compared to mid 2010's and so many old faces comming with COVID lockdown) due to a clear lack of goals for quite a few years by then, tired of the competitive toxic environment by 3rd generation players, having to fatherhood alot of these sensitive pilots and the obvious on-going feeling that the game, year by year was getting worse in numbers and environment and the harsh reality that the game will have an obvious slow and painfull death.

The biggest reason was life / work / girlfriend and mostly becoming a proud dad of a little girl.

It's not the same, the activity at the current moment is clearly slowing down, but it's still the same game. I had a genuine feeling of joy and fun like I had early 2000's for 2-3 months early this year, and that quite frankly was amazing and brought the feels. We all change, but I'm still the same dude. Just a bit older, and with a completly renewed perspective on the game. The feeling of boredum or tiredum became a let's cherish it's life type of thing.

Sadly, I see say too many acting like it's early 2000's or completly angry at the game and it's current state, trying to blame on something or someone. There's a clear tendency of people saying the game is more toxic,somewhat it's correlated with the very low number of staffers these days, the control is barely none. That and internet as a whole evolved into a trollish passive agressiveness state.

It's what it is, and it was bound to happen, the easy or the hard way.

The ones who do that, love the game just as much as anybody else, but are not well resolved to say it like some of us. And that's fine, It'll hit eventually.

And to end another usual lengthy ass post, the coolest thing would be in a few years flying a spaceship next to Lara and daddy teaching her on how to dunk on cuckoo spacepilots.

To correlate with one of my posts this year, what a few others and Rothe says here is what matters. I'ts just a game, enjoy what it is and what's it's become, even if it's not perfect or if you loggin once a month, a week or per day. Just have fun G's!

Originally posted by rothe View Post
                        I mean I honestly dont know what to tell you this game is older than some of its players lol.. Enjoy the community. Enjoy the fun you do get out of it. Enjoy the joy you can make out of it yourself ya know? TBH Lag isnt the problem so much as the community but thats another topic for another day.
                        Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                        Your friend,
                        ​​Papi
                        ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Stayon View Post
                          Loved the game just like anybody else, and also used the game as an ocasional escape to problems much like most have done even if they don't admit it. It's just a game, but it's not just a game.

For the most part for alot of years, the only game I played, was just pure enjoyment, competing, spreading positivity and being the goof I'm known for. After starting in late 2002 and playing till the end of 2016, only missing TWL matches due to lag (half of season 7, 8, entirity of season 12 and regular season 14), or it's schedule being on the middle of the summer and the vast majority of older TWDT's. Was around for the most part, saw everything from it's golden years (except 98-02 era), have a memory of a dinossaur of TW's events, and trully appreciate most of the connections I've did to a personal level (some nearly 20 years by now).

My goal was quite simple: I enjoyed spidering and basing. So, I wanted to get good in base and win eventually. Saw myself, only 6 months after of starting the game, trying to be added in season 6 playoffs for Spastic by PL, only blocked due to unclear roster rules by then, given that my previous squad (Camisade) dissolved mid-season and I still had to debut in the league. Given my skyrocket learning speed those 6 months, I felt technically I did win, but I never played it due to a rule, so on paper, I never had it and never will.

This part of my story, ironicly which I value, is what pushed me forward for so many years, especially the first ones, trying to get what was "mine". My blood is special, what can I say eh? I beat the game 17 years ago, and could of jumped to a better game but saw my self attached to this, for it's competitiveness, it's IRC chat program similarities and it's community, you guys.

I quit by the end of 2016 up until February of this year (when game was super active compared to mid 2010's and so many old faces comming with COVID lockdown) due to a clear lack of goals for quite a few years by then, tired of the competitive toxic environment by 3rd generation players, having to fatherhood alot of these sensitive pilots and the obvious on-going feeling that the game, year by year was getting worse in numbers and environment and the harsh reality that the game will have an obvious slow and painfull death.

The biggest reason was life / work / girlfriend and mostly becoming a proud dad of a little girl.

It's not the same, the activity at the current moment is clearly slowing down, but it's still the same game. I had a genuine feeling of joy and fun like I had early 2000's for 2-3 months early this year, and that quite frankly was amazing and brought the feels. We all change, but I'm still the same dude. Just a bit older, and with a completly renewed perspective on the game. The feeling of boredum or tiredum became a let's cherish it's life type of thing.

Sadly, I see say too many acting like it's early 2000's or completly angry at the game and it's current state, trying to blame on something or someone. There's a clear tendency of people saying the game is more toxic,somewhat it's correlated with the very low number of staffers these days, the control is barely none. That and internet as a whole evolved into a trollish passive agressiveness state.

It's what it is, and it was bound to happen, the easy or the hard way.

The ones who do that, love the game just as much as anybody else, but are not well resolved to say it like some of us. And that's fine, It'll hit eventually.

And to end another usual lengthy ass post, the coolest thing would be in a few years flying a spaceship next to Lara and daddy teaching her on how to dunk on cuckoo spacepilots.

To correlate with one of my posts this year, what a few others and Rothe says here is what matters. I'ts just a game, enjoy what it is and what's it's become, even if it's not perfect or if you loggin once a month, a week or per day. Just have fun G's!

Well said.
                          2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

Stopped playing Subspace because people stopped playing public. I have always loved good basing.

In my mind one of the reasons was a new a new public made by Boki some where 2002 either 2003 (originally ?go boki). That map reduced the number of players playing public (by meaning playing the base, getting the flag etc.) Years after this "new" ?go boki style map Trench Wars public was ruined completely when there was new "tubes" added as an entry ways to the flag room. This was the final nail to my coffin and I also ended playing Subspace/Continuum. Year was something like 2005 either 2006. Counter-Strike was the most popular game during that time and I started finally playing that as my friends had played already for some time. At some point when I reached the age of 19 I completely stopped all the gaming.

Every now and then I have tried to do a comeback to Subspace / Continuum by playing Trench Wars "modern" public/base. However I do not get such a satisfaction of that anymore. The flag room is not the same and sorry to say (not meaning anything bad for anyone), but the players nowadays do not play the same way as 20 years ago. The game was much more intensive back then. Of course I am at the age of 34 on this years and I do not really have such time for playing gaming anymore at this point of life. Still I would be nice to play with the same kind of public/basing what it really as on the golden age of Subspace / Continuum somewhere around years 1998 - 2000.

Personally I loved the original map back in the days in 1999, when there was no those 1 block sized lev terr eliminating . Of course I loved playing as a terr back then and honestly was quit ea good at it, because I learned the movement at first as lev terr reaching over 1000 bounties for levs. After that I started base terring and that took my heart. I loved playing as a base terr.

Nowadays my favorite is a Warbird as it was 23 years ago on newbie times. Now I am a ret(ired/arded) newbie who play sometimes. I actually subscribed to the TW email list few days ago and I am hoping to see some sort of notification emails about event for getting the old people back to playing the game. Time will tell what kind of an emails I will receive.
                            - Acid Tank

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." -Kurt Cobain

Comment

Originally posted by Acid Tank View Post
                              Stopped playing Subspace because people stopped playing public. I have always loved good basing.

In my mind one of the reasons was a new a new public made by Boki some where 2002 either 2003 (originally ?go boki). That map reduced the number of players playing public (by meaning playing the base, getting the flag etc.) Years after this "new" ?go boki style map Trench Wars public was ruined completely when there was new "tubes" added as an entry ways to the flag room. This was the final nail to my coffin and I also ended playing Subspace/Continuum. Year was something like 2005 either 2006. Counter-Strike was the most popular game during that time and I started finally playing that as my friends had played already for some time. At some point when I reached the age of 19 I completely stopped all the gaming.

Every now and then I have tried to do a comeback to Subspace / Continuum by playing Trench Wars "modern" public/base. However I do not get such a satisfaction of that anymore. The flag room is not the same and sorry to say (not meaning anything bad for anyone), but the players nowadays do not play the same way as 20 years ago. The game was much more intensive back then. Of course I am at the age of 34 on this years and I do not really have such time for playing gaming anymore at this point of life. Still I would be nice to play with the same kind of public/basing what it really as on the golden age of Subspace / Continuum somewhere around years 1998 - 2000.

Personally I loved the original map back in the days in 1999, when there was no those 1 block sized lev terr eliminating . Of course I loved playing as a terr back then and honestly was quit ea good at it, because I learned the movement at first as lev terr reaching over 1000 bounties for levs. After that I started base terring and that took my heart. I loved playing as a base terr.

Nowadays my favorite is a Warbird as it was 23 years ago on newbie times. Now I am a ret(ired/arded) newbie who play sometimes. I actually subscribed to the TW email list few days ago and I am hoping to see some sort of notification emails about event for getting the old people back to playing the game. Time will tell what kind of an emails I will receive.
                              blame qan but pub is active right now
                              https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post
                                blame qan but pub is active right now
                                Yes, it's active, but it's completely different than it was at the beginning of the millennium.
                                It's nothing to blame anything, it's only an observation and a thing that people must adapt.
                                - Acid Tank

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." -Kurt Cobain

Comment

Working...
                                X