No announcement yet.

PETITION TO SAVE ELIM FROM JESSUP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's nothing wrong with the game format. Everyone else except Jessup manages to play it just fine. The problem is Jessup. Fix the problem.

Comment

In before elimination changes to a battle royale where you need to constantly get kills or get eliminated. One kill every minute or so, slowly ramping up.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
        In before elimination changes to a battle royale where you need to constantly get kills or get eliminated. One kill every minute or so, slowly ramping up.
        I'd actually play elim if it was something like this. That sounds amazing.
        Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post

I'd actually play elim if it was something like this. That sounds amazing.
          Amen. Sounds fun and challenging @ turb's battle royale idea

Comment

If someone creates that we can try playing it, but right now it doesn't exist, so we're still in the position of needing to ban Jessup from elim.

Comment

What do you guys think if there was just a timer added to the current elim where it functions like it currently does but if a kill isn't recorded in a designated period the player is instantly eliminated with the timer being higher the lower the # of remaining players
              Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post
                What do you guys think if there was just a timer added to the current elim where it functions like it currently does but if a kill isn't recorded in a designated period the player is instantly eliminated with the timer being higher the lower the # of remaining players
                You could make a kill and then run to force the opponent to be elminated on time.

I wouldn't have a longer timer when there are fewer players as it's typically the end of the game when the timer is most needed.

.. misc thoughts ...

I tried to think up an alternative where the more you kill during the round the more time you're granted at the end, like a chess clock, like so:
                - at the start of the game set everyone's "latest kill timestamp" to now
                - at the start of the game, start a timer for each player of length x (100) + y (kills*5)
                - when a player makes a kill, set their "latest kill timestamp" to now
                - when a player makes a kill, reset their timer based on new y value
                - if a player's timer expires they are elminated
                ... but this allows players to run at the end so the opponent is eliminated on time, so actually encourages running instead of discouraging it, like chess players spamming moves so their opponent's clock runs out.
                ... there are quite a lot of timers, it's a bit complicated.

Another way of doing it is to introduce a draw, like repetition in chess, like so:
                - when n (3) players remain, start an x (120) second timer.
                - when any player makes a kill, reset the timer
                - when the timer expires, the game is declared a draw
                ... this encourages killing at the end if you want to win, but you can try to force a draw.
                ... single timer could be displayed on-screen.

Another way of doing it is to allow spectators to intervene, think of it like a replacement for calling a staffer:
                - when n (1) players issue the !hurryup command and a kill has not been made in the past y (120) seconds:
                - start an x (120) second timer
                - when any player makes a kill, reset the timer
                - when the timer expires, the game is declared a draw
                ... pretty much the same thing as above, but not automatically activated so players can use their judgement.

.. there's also the question of what to do with !late players.

None of these seem like the answer (because they are open to abuse and don't punish the runner).

Comment

Rab and Aggi just be glad your troll thread has possibly made an idea for a timer towards the end of elim. That is about the only useful thing that should come from this as the thread was a complete garbage troll attempt to basically ban me from the entire game from the start because you two snowflakes for some reason find me and my play style so annoying. I do NOT run, I play defensive, especially when you and your buddies decide to try and gang up and team me. When you have 4 players going for you nonstop to purposely ko you the ONLY alternative is to play MORE defensive and pick your shots even more wisely. Also rab you are ALWAYS camping the sides waiting for vulches when you play jav. Your wb elim game deserves no mention as you are dog poo in wb. Agi is a little better but was just attempting to sui me which failed more times than it succeeded recently. Again I DO NOT hide in corners or "run laps" as you both say... I play the map and take opportunities when they appear (As elim should be played).

I am fine with an end game timer but TOTALLY against changing the basic foundations of what elim is about.

If you all want to make another quick kill game arena DO IT! but do not do away with elim and try and replace it in totality.

Everyone knows both Agi and rab are unstable emo ragey whiners and this thread once again proves it. Was serious cringe to me.
                  TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                  TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                  TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                  TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                  TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                  TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Troll thread? I didn't make the thread, It makes a good point, I just voted in it like everyone else. Something isn't trolling just because you don't like it.

Your playstyle is annoying, you do run, and it is against the rules so staff should be enforcing it - but just look at pub chat to see that staff don't enforce A1. People chase you because you run, not the other way around.

Dunno why you're insulting my jav and wb skills. Nobody cares about that. I'm not the one making games drag on. And "unstable emo ragey whiners" ... is just rude.

Comment

Just remembered... there was a discussion a while back about adding deaths to players towards the end of the game, a sort of forced sudden death whilst respecting the deaths difference between the players. .e.g. when 2 players remain, their scores are 10-3 and 10-7, then their scores become 10-5 and 10-9 instead. That may still favour running though.

Comment

Ye right a thread with a double Yes / Yes poll to ban Jessup from elim when I am currently #2 and #6 ranked overall isn't a troll thread .......ok.. dude rofl..
                        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                          Ye right a thread with a double Yes / Yes poll to ban Jessup from elim when I am currently #2 and #6 ranked overall isn't a troll thread .......ok.. dude rofl..
                          Defo making the case for removing the elim scoreboard if that's what's making you play this way. (assuming that's what you're referring to, I never look at it) The TWDT draft demonstrates that you aren't actually good. You chat shit about my skill, but the last time we 1v1d you lost your mind and theatened to beat someone up at the 7-eleven.

Edit: and that game played out like that because I refused to chase you around the map. After about 5 mins of lobbing R4s that would never hit you realised the time was running out and came closer and got fucked up.

Edit2: this demonstrates that it's Jessup's style that's the problem. If you choose not to chase then the game goes on for ages. Players can force staff's hand by everyone copying Jessup's style. Expect to see more Jessups soon in an elim near you.
                          Last edited by Rab; 02-10-2022, 09:38 AM.

Comment

What?? You had nothing to do with that. More lies and mistruths. You realize why that happened and it had nothing to do with you. Said person (who wasn't you) said they hoped I was dead AND my father was dead soon who I was caretaking at the time with a terminal illness. You ever clean poop and piss off a person and turn them multiple times a day for years because they were bed bound and take them through the entire death cycle WHILE you yourself have cancer and surgeries to face yourself? Then log onto a game to be constantly trolled and have people mocking your situation wishing death upon you both? (he was NOT the only one) either doing this btw.. If so you would understand the anger it could cause. This person I have made terms with too as they themselves faced something similar and realized it wasn't cool and now we are at amends. Sadly this is the type toxicity that exists in this game with some you trolls. There are over 20 active players who are this type of vile on this game many of whom are in staff or setting up leagues. It does piss me off that people can be so callous especially when I remember starting this game when it was all new to us all how much milder trash talk and trolling were in Continuum. The friends I made. The ones who are like wtf does everyone hate you. I don't get it you are not a bad person. I hate to say it but these people running the game currently have allowed a seriously fucked up environment and even participated in themselves in bullying towards myself and others here. I deserve to play like anyone else and deserve like anyone to have a reasonable environment of civility when I log in.
                            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Jessup says he doesn’t run, but the second you thrust towards his ship, you’re strapping in for a 20min chase going around the entire map at least 10 times. According to Jessup, this is “suiciding” on him. There is no winning this argument when he literally lives in his own reality. Jessup, do you really think hundreds of individual people over the course of literal decades are all making up the same exact complaints about you? For fun? Boredom? Cause you’re transsexual?

Seriously, how else can this community possibly communicate to you that you make this game considerably less enjoyable when you play? It’s honestly absurd at this point. It’s like trying to argue that grass is green or water makes things wet.
                              J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
                              8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

I'm talking mostly about the extracurricular trolling renzi. It is bs and I don't deserve it. I play elim and do well and it seems to piss people off. Twdd/TWDT I have improvement I can do when I play with certain lines. I can get chemistry with people like anyone else . I did well the last full TWL I played with Paladen and we finished fourth place and won our first semi final. I was on that starting line the whole way through it. I played a part in Powers triple crown too. I do better than many. I'm way over focused on in criticism when there are many in twl/ twdt who have faults too.
                                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                                X