• Show
Clear All

#ItGetsBetterTrenchWars

Comment

Well split my dick and call me J

a toxic emotional trainwreck ruins another feature of trenchwars

Zone ops does nothing and will still be baffled when TW reaches EG levels

Comment

Battle royale as a game mode exists, it's Most Dangerous Game. It's a bot module any host can set up.

Modifying Robo Ref code is a pain as biet has informed me about in the past. Changing the game format by including warps and doors might break something else in the code.

Over the past few days I've played in many games with Jessup in it and she was not the remaining 2 players standing a majority of the time. I get annoyed by strays too but it's something we all deal with. Yea it's annoying when you're 1v1 against Jessup and she has 6 more lives than you, but maybe it's more a product of not going for players with low deaths throughout the game.

I'll have a chat with biet and see if adding arena messages about the player with lowest deaths periodically is feasible.

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
        Failure teaches success.
        . â–²
        ▲ ▲

Comment

Originally posted by Kim View Post
          Battle royale as a game mode exists, it's Most Dangerous Game. It's a bot module any host can set up.

Modifying Robo Ref code is a pain as biet has informed me about in the past. Changing the game format by including warps and doors might break something else in the code.

Over the past few days I've played in many games with Jessup in it and she was not the remaining 2 players standing a majority of the time. I get annoyed by strays too but it's something we all deal with. Yea it's annoying when you're 1v1 against Jessup and she has 6 more lives than you, but maybe it's more a product of not going for players with low deaths throughout the game.

I'll have a chat with biet and see if adding arena messages about the player with lowest deaths periodically is feasible.

That's because I've been in most of those games hunting her as she runs around the ENTIRE map. You're welcome.
          Last edited by ag$; 02-10-2022, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim View Post
            Over the past few days I've played in many games with Jessup in it and she was not the remaining 2 players standing a majority of the time.
            People have been hunting Jessup to make sure of it, but shouldn't have to as it makes every round about dealing with Jessup, hence this petition.

Comment

To punish runners/hiders, a low-effort bot feature (given that BIET is literally the only coder) could be:

+1 death if they don't get a kill in X minutes (similar to the 'outside of base' timer); reset timer if they kill/die.

The suggestion is to promote activity... but not sure if this was mentioned earlier in the downpour of responses though.

#SaveElim2022
              #ItGetsBetterTrenchWars
              #TowardsABetterFuture

Comment

Originally posted by SAVE ELIM View Post
                +1 death if they don't get a kill in X minutes (similar to the 'outside of base' timer); reset timer if they kill/die.
                That crossed my mind earlier, but if you have more lives left then running is a decent strat at the end of the game.

Comment

You could make the area shrink once two people are left and progressively get smaller and smaller as time goes on.

Comment

I have no issues with Jessup as a person but the play style is so insanely annoying it has given me gray hairs. There is no comparison to anyone else I have ever seen in this zone.

Comment

Another potential easy solution is to just make the map smaller. Overall you will speed up games and force more interaction. The days of having a population to support that map regularly are gone.

Im not a wb though so I imagine it'd have metashifting effects as well.
                      Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                      Message has been sent to online moderators
                      2:BLeeN> veh yes
                      (Overstrand)>no
                      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                      2:BLeeN> ok then no
                      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Wow a lot of people complaining about no being able to kill some one. Even I've killed jessup before

Comment

It was a tough choice, but Yes won out in the end.
                          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Yes !! Jessup can continue to smack Ag$ in elim
                            TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                              That crossed my mind earlier, but if you have more lives left then running is a decent strat at the end of the game.
                              I think you are missing the point here. The goal isn't to figure out a way to punish Jessup and make it so he can never win another elim match. The only thing that needs to be solved is that every time he plays the game it is extended by an unreasonable amount of time.
                              Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post
                                I think you are missing the point here. The goal isn't to figure out a way to punish Jessup and make it so he can never win another elim match. The only thing that needs to be solved is that every time he plays the game it is extended by an unreasonable amount of time.
                                Seems like you're trying to change the goal. The goal is to stop Jessup breaking the rules. A ban is the easiest way. All this talk of changing how the game works is a distraction.

Comment

Working...
                                X