ill speak for jason when i say no
    5:gen> man
    5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

?find :Jason works too.
      >o-/\/\mmmmmmmmmm/-<o<<-<

Comment

LOL !
        I love people who are totally nuts.. so invite me !
        Xcept for when you are only inviting pub roof javers...
        I don't know which kind of people you are going to invite, but if you aim on pure pubbers, they won't visit the forums. They're still just playing pub for fun and haven't explored the other ways of TrenchWars yet.
        So I guess you are looking for more experienced people.
        7:Barton> hi tats
        7:Barton> still no smod?
        7:Barton> :(
        7:Tatsumaru uk> heh no
        7:Barton> guess u need to do more ass kissing

3:Harder> we could be like tom cruise in top gun with team speak
        3:Harder> "MAVRIC I GOTTA BIRD ON MY BACK!!"

8:Ghast> LOL METALKID LOOKS LIKE A WEASEL ROFLROFL

Comment

the chat is coming together. i'm adding people slowly because i don't want to misjudge someone and end up with an asshole in our midst. (that spot's already filled by me.) right now i've got a nice mix of old friends and new faces. i'm hoping that the old timers will "break the ice" so to speak and get everyone laughing/talking. like i said though, i don't know if this will work. i hope it does. at the very least, i wanted to meet some cool new people, and i've already done that in just a few days.

later gators
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

i like these newbs who have never been on these forums, say " Yeh im cool invite me, Jason rocks WOO!"

Comment

it's really not like that golden sun. anyone who comes at me with an ass-kissing kind of attitude doesn't get the picture. the chat isn't some exclusive club, or something silly like that. it's just an idea i had, and i'm trying it out.
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

hmm well im kinda in my inactive stage until twl starts. If your chats still up and running by that time I might drop in.

PS: Give a shout to toasty. Nice guy, really.
                audit> and btw, im your fan!

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
                DeeZ NuTs> got my fedex hat on
                Azreal> LOloL
                cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

Originally posted by StarKitty
                  Invite me i've been around for 4/5 years now and i'm still unknown :wub:
                  aahahhaha
                  sage

Comment

it's really hard to be optimistic

harder than the crossword puzzle in the sunday edition of the new york times

i tried though

none of the new guys, save for about two, ever say anything

this goes back to what i originally thought

all-time level of super suck is what it is

newer generation is a giant ball of blah

christmas sucks

bah humbug
                    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

this means i'm abandoning the idea

in case you were too stupid to figure that out

a lot of stupid people read these forums

thought i'd clarify
                      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

PROACTIVATE!
                        Originally posted by Facetious
                        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Jason, how long has that chat been up, man? Things don't just change that fast. Remember that it is still strummed into a lot of us "new generation of blah" that the older generation just look down on us as inferior, annoying idiots.

You were saying before that you don't type while playing. Last night, I was playing almost all of the time, but I was really enjoying "lurking", I guess, in the chat. I was still talking sometimes, but I was just having fun playing and reading what Froedrick and Facetious were talking about.

I know these are nice guys, but I'm still hesitant to even bother talking to members of the older generation of players because I really do half expect them to just tell me to fuck off because they don't know who I am.

It's really great that you have made an effort and got some people for this chat, but if you just drop it now then your efforts are wasted. The newer players need to see that not all of the older generation are arrogant, stuckup cockbags that just insult anyone that's not been playing since <2000.

I agree with you, a lot of newer players either don't say anything at all or just trash talk, but we're not all like that. I thought that's what the point of this chat was. Weed out the asshats to talk to the players that are indeed new but "have potential"?

I know this sounds dumb, but I really do know how you feel. I played Starcraft for a long time, and I have a lot of really cool memories of "the old days". But to me, now, the game is dead. It's full of people I don't know, the ladders are hacked, everything is screwed up. But the community for Starcraft is a lot larger than the Trench Wars one. It saddens me when I get nostalgic and log on to see the nearly-empty channels which were once full of people, and the games which used to be challenging are replaced with maps where you have infinite resources and strategy is reduced to nothing. In its age, Blizzard (the creators) have given up on Starcraft and moved onto other projects. It's still supported, but barely.

Trench Wars doesn't have to be like that. We have a lot of dedicated community members, and helpful staffers. We have people that care. People that don't want to see everything go to shit, or get worse than it is, and want things to go back to the great game it was before this new generation came along.

The new generation won't go away. All the older guys can do is CARE. Put some effort into the community. Yes, I dare say things are a lot different than they used to be, but who really puts any effort into changing things back?

The vast majority of new players play in the public arenas.

The vast majority of more serious new players that haven't explored other arenas yet, play in pub 0. No?

How much of an impression do you think it would make if a bunch of basers got onto one freq, (maybe a mod could do this) and crammed the flag room? No Javelins, no Warbirds, just Spiders, Sharks and a Terrier.

The fact of the matter is that if the basers weren't messing around, this cram would be practically invincible against pub players, and if basers did this on a regular basis, there would be a lot more people trying to learn Spider or Shark than camping in a Javelin doing the same shot for god knows how long. They'd see that you in fact don't need "two base terrs a mid terr and a roof terr", and that yes, you can hold base without 8 Javelins.

I bet even seeing the sheer firepower of 5+ Spiders in a cram would be trés impressive to most public players.

What I'm getting at here is that not enough people care enough to show the new players how to play, or how to act, even.

If people realise that being a prick will get you nowhere, I'm sure we'll have less trash talking morons around.

I've typed too much and I dare say most people won't even read this, so I'm going to submit this now.
                          G[y]Ro> omfg
                          G[y]Ro> u nerds
                          G[y]Ro> NERDS
                          G[y]Ro> ALL OF U

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                            this means i'm abandoning the idea

in case you were too stupid to figure that out

a lot of stupid people read these forums

thought i'd clarify
                            Jason I've been on alot of 'new' chats (ie: Rejected Basers) and I could give you a list of the nicer, more talkative ones. Sorry I didn't catch this thread earlier, I totally see your viewpoint on this'n
                            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

rion.
                              Originally posted by Ward
                              OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Yes?

Edit: I guess you just wanted to say my name.
                                Last edited by Rion.; 12-03-2004, 01:48 PM. Reason: "O, I C!"
                                G[y]Ro> omfg
                                G[y]Ro> u nerds
                                G[y]Ro> NERDS
                                G[y]Ro> ALL OF U

Comment

Working...
                                X