No announcement yet.

Pub Timed Matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of my ideas involved making the spawn area a more appealing target for levis and drawing attention away from the base. You can still bomb the base if you like, I'd think it would appeal to levis to have more places they could target. With the current map, levis bombing in the emptiness around the base don't get as much yield because there they aren't as likely to hit things and cause splash damage.

The biggest argument against levis is that they disrupt basing. That's because basers are the easiest targets for levis. The base is like a giant bulls-eye on the map. One simple way to alleviate the problem, and doesn't involve wholesale setting changes, is to give them something else to shoot at. Give the levis another way to get their kills and high bounties without making basers be the only source for them.

Comment

• Troll King, that's the first non levi-hating suggestion I have heard, probably ever. The Levi Armada is curious as to your terrain re-mapping and development. If indeed the change would not result in 1,000 cries of "Spawned!", then I might mention it to my High Levi Commander.
      Also, any congregation of insolent non-levi or cloaker bred species life forms, assembled in any one particular area, can expect the Levi Armada or its allies to initiate a rapid campaign of purification. Purify, join, or die. Surely you do not suggest that all species would be satisfied. However, let's review some terrain mappings to see if the TW universe could support such added matter, yet still allow defense of the Crystal (praise the High Levis!).
      In short, interesting and considered. A game for all, and for all, a game!! (Except for the Levis, we own you and the land you spawn in, you may now kiss and drink the levi milk)
      Hail levis!!!!
      The Levi's Advocate

Comment

• Look, I'm trying to take you seriously, but could you at least drop the act already?

Comment

• The Levi Armada proposes a fair and balanced map change, per your sugestion, in preference to ship changes. How should we go about this? Shall the Armada captains divulge their own? and you as well, to be hosted and reviewed over the weekend or next week?

If so, maybe we can begin witht he standard map, and work slight changes or additions to accomplish the goal?

Comment

• shut the fuck up
            >o-/\/\mmmmmmmmmm/-<o<<-<

Comment

• If there were some sort of intermediate passage between base and spawn that many players went through, and that was of medium difficulty for LT's to bomb, wherease base itself at hard difficulty and flagroom nigh impossible without serious risk to the LT, I believe that LT's would be satisfied (Could still go for challenge of going for base/flagroom but could still get easier prey by shooting at the intermediate passage, and spawn were as difficult for LT's to spawn as it were now, would that not satisfy LT's, basers and people who don't like being spawned?

Originally posted by Disliked
              Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
              +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

• Sure Theif. Exactly what would satisfy everyone is all the pubbers desire. Close off most angles to the flag room, or expand the ears. Give base levis on each side at least 2 ports to fire to mid, away from the gate where that seems to casue the greatest number of tks while your team is exiting to mid.
                Maybe have 2 horizontal ports available so levis can actually bomb outside the side of the base, to kill LTs in the vicinity, yet have those shot angles obscured with asteroids to prevent easy entry.

Those levi defense posts would be the only real target area for an exterior LT shot, if the ears were widened and the top rat nested so an LT can't easily work top shots. People in base would be mostly safe from LTs, base levis or javs can repulse them, and tking greatly decreased.

Javs attacking from mid could have two angle skill shots to remove levis from their defensive postions: if they miss, they die.

The gate would then, presumably, have far fewer "funnel shots", where the enemy masses together, inviting a possibly TKing shot from a base levi.

Lots of options, which could be fair to all and still maintain ship balance.

Comment

• Hmm, heres a radical idea. A while ago someone (I forgot who, but I think he was part of twdev) developed a mapmaker thingy that uses "hidden" tiles. These tiles included, among other things, a tile that can be flown over but bullets/bombs cannot go through (The property of the outer 8 tiles of a wormhole). If a flagroom were lined on the outside with these such tiles, most bombs flying toward it would simply vanish, making flagroom less susceptible to LT bombing.

EDIT: I say most, because lag/speed bombs may still somehow get through. possibly. Or there could just be holes.
                  Last edited by Theif of Time; 05-27-2005, 06:51 PM.

Originally posted by Disliked
                  Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                  +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

• I keep hearing a small, but still substantial group of people say that change isn't needed in the settings, but the play style. The obvious problem with that is a lot of people -- atleast as far as basers are concerned -- disagree. can't blame people for exploiting the stratagies available to them, but that doesn't mean the settings shouldn't be made more accomidating.

So change or remove the weasel. I'm more for changing. As annoying as the bastard is it still has some sort of a place -- but making rounds last a few hours shouldn't be one of them. I think making them big would be the best course of action. If it sneaks through the center and still gets the flag it deserves it.

I never understood the problem with Javs(Come on, lets not maing this ?go base) or roofers, but I have no love lost for the LT. Maybe if they had to be on an actual team it would be interesting.... But I don't dig someone blowing up the whole base just for the hell of it. I have believed and still do believe that the Lev Mark II could still make for effective LTing with more difficult, interesting shots. I'm in favor of more ships tweaked toward basing then less ships to "patch" basing.

Thats my take at least.

Also, I never got the complaint with roofing. Getting jav railed from the roof never seemed different than getting nailed from MB. One or two decent Javs on the roof can make a nice opening for the a team attack.

Comment

Working...
                    X