Pub Timed Matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pub Timed Matches

Pub 0, great fun timed matches, I remember mentioning this idea a while back.

Finally I don't have to wait for the elitist assholes in ?go base to stop picking their squadmates and friends to play a pretty decent basing game.

I'd suggest players are earwarped or spawnwarped at the start though, to esnure that the fairest possible game can be played, also maybe introduce a few of these arenas with a 16 player limit on so it can make for pretty good practices.

Props to qan for this.

Further speculation: It encourages team efforts which is good but you occasionally get those malicious bastards who think its funny to TK you and possibly ruin the match for your team, I'd introduce a TK limit and once you hit it, you get switched into a ship which doesn't have bombs, I'm sure we will see many people changing freqs to try and sabotage the other team's efforts by means of teamkilling, so I believe this could be a good countermeasure unless anyone else has a better idea.

Its good for new players to actually see that the point of Trench Wars ins't just to kill people around a big base but to play as a team. It will also teach them new tactics the more they play.

I don't know if Rab would mind but you could possibly set an entrance message and link players to his basing guide over at . This could prove helpful.
    Last edited by Rab; 06-10-2018, 09:57 AM. Reason: Removed personal information

If you havent seen this yet both DoCkbot and Guanobot now have a game called Flag Time. Right now the bot is started and will run a timer like ?go base. The team that gets the most consecutive flag time, within whatever the timer is set to, wins. The winning team will be granted points with future updates. The idea here is to 1: Make publics more fun and competitive (since we're lossing much of our population to EG,DSB..) and 2: Bring more people into basing. It's not a fix for a lot of other problems in publics and it is not meant to impede open public play, it is something however that I and a lot of staffers feel will bring more people into basing, not spawning or sitting outside.

Few more things that need to be worked out:

Granting points for winning teams
    Simpler timer.. !time to the bot
    Scoreboard/timer on the map
    Earwarps or maybe lower base warps

For publics in general:
    Removing weasel or getting the NW back (all publics though)
    TKalert and pubbot's tkwatcher needs to be fixed up for use.

Lets keep one thread for this topic.
    Last edited by Kolar; 04-05-2005, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Needs a jackpot at the end based on the points accumulated by the winning freq. That way, the more basing goes on, the more points earned during the round, hence equalling a bigger jackpot. That way everyone has to put in, or they get fuck all reward dispersed between them.

And like I suggested to qan, it should have a statistical output similar to that of prodem at the end, just for interest's sake.

And is the pubbot TKwatcher going to be field tested with it? The last thing you want is 10 javs on your team all vying to mass bomb anyone and everyone who gets in their way.

Comment

I think timerace would work better. maybe to 5 or to 10 short games.

There should be some system that player's couldnt freq hop too often.

It would work good if freq 0 would get spawned in left safe and freq 1 to right everytime they die. but when new game start teams would spawned to ears just like in ?go base or LB/BD. just some small 10 sec wait in closed safezone but safes would open after 10sec.

this way newbies would find out easier whats the idea and where flag is and could have fun.

after game ends it show all palyer scores and maybe how many minutes they played for freq and example players with MVP, most kills, most TDs ejc would get extra points.

Then these information would been sent to TW site and players could check own records how many games have won and how many MVPs...
        www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

oh one more thing i noticed after played few rounds this. if other team is owning flag too easily other team start giving up. what if auto balance teams that if other team is stronger the best player from other team (maybe MVP) will switched to other team
          www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
            If you havent seen this yet both DoCkbot and Guanobot now have a game called Flag Time. Right now the bot is started and will run a timer like ?go base. The team that gets the most consecutive flag time, within whatever the timer is set to, wins. The winning team will be granted points with future updates. The idea here is to 1: Make publics more fun and competitive (since we're lossing much of our population to EG,DSB..) and 2: Bring more people into basing. It's not a fix for a lot of other problems in publics and it is not meant to impede open public play, it is something however that I and a lot of staffers feel will bring more people into basing, not spawning or sitting outside.

Few more things that need to be worked out:

Granting points for winning teams
            Simpler timer.. !time to the bot
            Scoreboard/timer on the map
            Earwarps or maybe lower base warps

For publics in general:
            Removing weasel or getting the NW back (all publics though)
            TKalert and pubbot's tkwatcher needs to be fixed up for use.

Lets keep one thread for this topic.
            sounds great
            Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
            apt>yes u can wtf
            apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
            apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
            apt>so i dont miss the toilet
            Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
            apt>na
            apt>ill show you pictures
            apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

this is a step in the right direction.. . erm, unlike the past few changes to the zone, i actually like this one.
              audit> and btw, im your fan!

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
              DeeZ NuTs> got my fedex hat on
              Azreal> LOloL
              cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

Originally posted by cook
                this is a step in the right direction.. . erm, unlike the past few changes to the zone, i actually like this one.
                Yeah, I think this is a good idea too, props to whoever put it up. Cook, who's your avatar? :wub:
                True quote from forums:
                Originally posted by Erathia
                and I agree with Abatis.
                True quote from ?go base:
                Spamon Xa> Abatis isn't bad

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy
                  Needs a jackpot at the end based on the points accumulated by the winning freq. That way, the more basing goes on, the more points earned during the round, hence equalling a bigger jackpot. That way everyone has to put in, or they get fuck all reward dispersed between them.

And like I suggested to qan, it should have a statistical output similar to that of prodem at the end, just for interest's sake.

And is the pubbot TKwatcher going to be field tested with it? The last thing you want is 10 javs on your team all vying to mass bomb anyone and everyone who gets in their way.
                  for the points we should have special prizes like in EG
                  4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                  4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                  4:Geio> DEEZ?
                  4:Geio> LOLOL
                  4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                  4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                  4:spirit> LOL
                  4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                  4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

im actually looking foward to pub

Comment

Took a year but I finally convinced them to make this bot. -_-

I haven't tried it yet, but trust me, it will be friggin' awesome if it works out right. This is really what TW has been lacking. Props to qan for actually doing this.
                      sdg

Comment

I agree, it's a great idea and it works relatively well. Now the only challenge is to get people to actually attack base...
                        Erathia> IF YOU SPIDERS CONTINUE CAMPING I WILL BAN YOU AND CALL IT RACISM

SeRtIfi> What's the point of going out with friends everyday just to hang out when I meet them in school and sometimes on weekends anyways, if I can play in SubSpace with them?

Comment

Great to see this is added to the public arena's. I've actually been chatting about this a couple of days ago with Mootland Farmer and JeBu, didn't know Trench Wars was about to implement something like this.

It's a great step forward, and I don't see how anyone could be against it because I dont see how it would do any harm to the zone. After saying that I think it should be implemented way earlier, but either way its good to see it now.

Altho I do think it's not perfect. I don't think its very clear at the moment what to do. I figured now you have to hold the flag for 3 minutes (if other team gets it for 10 seconds, they have to hold it for 3 minutes again) then you win the game, and 3 minutes later another round starts.

I think it would be better if it uses the same thing as ?go base and TWLB. That way the zone would be more united, which would also make everything more clear. With saying the same thing as ?go base and TWLB I mean it should have a timerace bot, whenever one of both teams held flag for 10 minutes the freq wins. Public is public because you are able to take whatever ship you want, thats what the current players like and shouldn't be changen.
                          An MVP at the end would be nice, it would add another goal for players, but it should be givven to the player which has most points, so they have to be basing or atleast have a team which is basing. Like JeBu said I think it would be nice to have scores of each game shown on a website, having them shown
                          in game would be too much spammage, some games might have had 50 players.

Another thing, I heard bounty resets after a game is finnished, I don't think that's a good thing. There are quite some players who like to play for high bounty.

/Sumpson
                          Only the loyal count.

Comment

It's just a test so far. I agree that there are a lot of things that could be done to make it better. Let's brainstorm some suggestions.

1) Weasels need to be restricted: Javs hardly even get x-radar anymore in pubs, and it's almost impossible to defend against a ton of these guys. It's even worse because all they have to do is touch the flag once and you have to start all over.

2) Needs to be better, clear directions: Currently it's just a simple green message that really says nothing to help a new player. I think score/time updates at a regular basis would help also. An LVZ with a scoreboard would go a long way in helping with this.

3) Some kind of incentive for winning: I think it would be best if the bot recorded the individual players points/kills/deaths/time-played etc. and gave them a bonus dependant on these things. Of course the winning team should all get a bonus, but you should get even more for good performance in the game. These bot-stored stats should reset if the player specs or changes freqs, to deter people from just hopping to the winning frequency.

4) A way to handle teamkillers: Perhaps a limit should be imposed on the number of javelins allowed per team. Something should be done to keep sharks from mining or tking stupidly also, so maybe just use the simple TK-watch module that locks a player in spectator mode after too many teamkills.

5) The time-based flagging system: I'm not sure if the current time-based system is right. I was thinking that instead of it resetting when the other team gets the flag, it should just be a cumulative amount of time that the team needs to get total, which would be similar to base/twbd/twlb. It would make a lot more sense, as well as give players an easier time in transferring their skills from pub to twbd etc.

All in all, I've been fighting for something like this for a long time. This is going to go a long way in making the pubs more fun, and revitalizing the rotting basing scene. Even in it's current basic state, it makes the pub more fun and exciting already.
                            sdg

Comment

at the way it is (3-5 minute intervals), you should have it reset. If you wanna use cumulative time, make it 10 minutes.
                              DELETED

Comment

Working...
                              X