No announcement yet.

thank goodness for Levis and LTs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well as a pro-levi and turreting fan, and LT hunter and baser, and base levi advocate, I humbly suggest we go with no levis throuhout all the pub arenas, for at least a 1 week trial. If its so good, lets test it, only way to know for sure. I think maybe the attendance rate dropping is hampering a decision made on this, but by all means, if the masses demand it, get rid of the LTs. I predict some loss, but the true basers will remain, and thats good for them. The L3 bomb lovers and cooperative team players (turret style) can find their fun elsewhere, and for the basers game being developed fully that will be fair.
    So please sign my name on the petition to remove levis, I'm really curious to see all the reactions of the basers when their beloved zone has 200 ppl in it average after a month. All you need is 16 people to base, after all, so I'm sure the fun will still be there for you. And I'm serious about the changes, I am so sick of the ppl bashing levis (base levis or LT), that I want them to be happy, that way their will be less dissent. So Priitk, D0ck> whoever, please do us all a favor and remove the levis so after "years of waiting" these basers can eat their cake.
    Sign me, "The Levi's Advocate"

Comment

Originally posted by Due
      just wondering kolar but why do u always have to post such a LARGE "letters"?

"BASing is this zone, period." by mr kolar <zh>

there are still more duelers then basers in TW so it is more a dueling zone then a base zone even trough the pub map is a base
      Typo Due (I have 3 stitches on my index finger..) and it's Kolar <ER> now, or just Kolar, no need for that crap on here. The publics are basing, i'm not saying any one thing makes this zone but basing is the primary thing.

Email it off to them Levi's, I would like to compare population and public activity for a month under those settings.

Comment

Oh they don't read here? LOL, here I am trying to add my 2 cents but if this forum is useless, and the settings are going to be changed/set with what the power that be decides they will be, I will just wait I guess. And here I am thinking this discussion swayed opinion. Well, LT speed to the changes, yeah I'd laugh if the changes were for a month, too, but only way to really see if players would stand them and adapt to the new style. Oh well, maybe they will read anyway. If not I suppose LTing is safe, and I'll continue lobbing L3's up chute and from the top, until someone hunts me down and respawns me, which they have an option to.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
          Typo Due (I have 3 stitches on my index finger..) and it's Kolar <ER> now, or just Kolar, no need for that crap on here. The publics are basing, i'm not saying any one thing makes this zone but basing is the primary thing.

Email it off to them Levi's, I would like to compare population and public activity for a month under those settings.
          i'm sry kolar did know know that u was an ER congrats!!
          Originally posted by Kolar
          My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
          ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Originally posted by A_S_S_wipe
            Well as a pro-levi and turreting fan, and LT hunter and baser, and base levi advocate, I humbly suggest we go with no levis throuhout all the pub arenas, for at least a 1 week trial. If its so good, lets test it, only way to know for sure. I think maybe the attendance rate dropping is hampering a decision made on this, but by all means, if the masses demand it, get rid of the LTs. I predict some loss, but the true basers will remain, and thats good for them. The L3 bomb lovers and cooperative team players (turret style) can find their fun elsewhere, and for the basers game being developed fully that will be fair.
            You miss the point though: if the numbers drop but the overall game is better, I'm willing to accept that sacrifice, and I'm pretty sure others will too. There are already far too many levis in TW. If they are the ones that leave, you might see the drop in population as a bad thing; many others would just say "good riddance".

Comment

OK, Troll, I deduce from your post that if the numbers dropped, and it hurt gameplay, then the anti-lev campaign was a failure. From Kolar's point of view though, it would be a success. This is an example of the division I've spoken of. I'm still willing to venture onto unknown ground, and ban levis for at least a week, maybe two, to see how basing goes.
              Then what? If gameplay suffers, invite the levi players back, yet continue to harrass them? Reinstate the levi to lure back players, then yank the rug out from under their feet, again, in order to do "another test", in order to try to convert the pub players who like to run amuk or LT or spawn or sit in safe?

I see what you mean though. Its fine if the levi lovers leave and gameplay is fine. If not, we're sorry, we never meant to hurt you (aka, Chemical Brothers, The Golden Path). The Levi Armada is weary of your experiments. Even to watch the experiments on other species, such as weasels. We do not condone the genetic manipulation of any life-form, much less the levis!!!

In conclusion, make your adjustments once and for all, or quit your harrassment of innocent levis, the players who love life and co-existence. We will adapt to some changes, but not an endless stream of brutal, endless, levi-hate campaigns that do nothing other than to momentarily disturb our egg laying seasons! The levis are peaceful creatures who only harvest the insolent shells of shadowy evil who would harm the fertile lands in which we play. Mate with us, and we shall dance!
              The Levi's Advocate

Comment

I think there are plenty of other changes that can be made that don't involve settings adjustments. That seems to be staff's focus and the focus of many in the community. But for the longest time, people have also been saying that one of the strengths of TW is the balance in the ship settings. Balance is a very delicate concept and with continuous tweaking it gets harder and harder to maintain that balance. I just wish people would start thinking of other ways than changing a ship's settings or, yet another popular solution that I loathe, creating a bot to fix things for them.

Comment

You are almost as annoying as that Israeli F-15 Fighter Ace guy. The Asswipe guy, not you, TK.

Last time I checked there wasn't a TWLTD or TWLLT. Why is that? Why is Trench Wars, one of the largest and best run zones in existence one of the few where the public arena isn't "the game"?

Even if the population went from 500 to 200 (which it would not), it'd go back up to 500 and beyond soon enough with new players. Seeing as how public arenas would be an atmosphere built for basing and dueling, and less about annoying other people, I don't doubt you'd see more people staying, rather than getting fed up and leaving or learning that annoying people is the way Trench Wars works.
                  "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Just another piece of shit levi for me to spawn, preferably with cloaker so the whining is more audible. Thanks.
                    Originally posted by Tone
                    It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                    Originally posted by the_paul
                    Gargle battery acid fuckface
                    Originally posted by Material Girl
                    I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

The Levi's Armada decrees open season on Sarien and Pure Hatred. Spoken like a true cloaker!! You both have evil, black hearts of which I'm sure a DNA analysis would reveal Cloaker descent. Nothing helpful suggested, either: the Levi's have heard your pleas for purification!

Troll King has met us in council with mutually satisfying treatise proposals. Terrain mapping and Castle fortification, that would still allow base levis and LTs to protect the populace, seems to be the most reasonable approach.

Troll King: The Levi Armada, in conjunction with its forward unit in TW 7Levi Army, offers its Blue Star award to you for your protection as you travel the land of Athan. Should any levi see you in distress, and you have your Blue Star displayed for their sensory detection, you shall receive unlimited assistance from our kind. Do not attack the levis, however, as this instantly nulls and voids such an award. I trust you will be a blessing to your kind, and ours.

Troll King has a moderate approach to repulsing the Cloaker Alliance's lies, and to help the levis stabilize their lands, to nourish the greens for the benefit of all, and to protect the Crystal of Levi Speed. Together, we can dispel the anarchy which is so rampant in the lands and restore the true kings, the ones with skin of Blue! Hail LEVIS!!! Hail the LEVIS!!!

The threat of war remains, however. I cannot stay the levi's advance through the land so readily, only may I whisper in the High Levi Commander's ear. Yet, with continued input such as Troll King's, and his people, may we avert a great slaughter such as none in your land have witnessed or would care to!

I pray these words come to you in time for intervention. Many innocent levis DIED to bring you this information!!! May the Levi Gods bless their souls, and their children, and their children's children!! Hail to the LEVIS!!!
                      The Levi's Advocate

Comment

These "many innocent levs" wouldn't have TK'd anyone would they?
                        >o-/\/\mmmmmmmmmm/-<o<<-<

Comment

Am I the only one who's impressed with Asswipes copy and pasting abilities? He's better at it than Tone.

I haven't spawn killed levs in a long time, mind if I join you Pure Hatred?

Comment

I heard that the (Purple People Eaters) are making a comeback, beware of the purple people! :P
                            -Put up, Or Shut up-

Comment

I'm ashamed that my name is even associated with that nonsense. Really, if you want people to discuss this seriously then give us the courtesy of doing the same. At the very least, all you're doing now is making levis even more annoying.

Comment

Well, well well. It's my assertion that the "popularity of the pure pubs is great, because so many ppl are always in there proves it" claim is FALSE>
                                How do I know this? Because there is no option to go the pure pubs, in other words, being default arenas, always of the lowest access, these arenas basically trick ppl into there. Not as in deviousness, but as no other option and some will not even notice.
                                *sigh*

Now let's go over some basics. Now I'm not 100% sure about all the details, but this is approximately how it goes. When new players connect to the zone, pubs will fill up until 30 people. After that, the people have to type ?go 0 or select the pub from the list themselves. Also: as the pure pubs rarely go below 30, people will NOT be put there automatically, meaning that as people leave all the time, new people will take their place all the time, wanting to go to that precise pub.

Try moving those bots to a NONDEFAULT arena, and THEN see if they stay full, such as at 5:00 am when I cant base with a levi because there are only 60 ppl in pubs. Also, you can see that ?go newlev is empty 24/7 despite advertising in green announcement.
                                That really isn't any kind of an argument. People just won't go to those arenas. It has been tried before. There is arena ?go basing, where levs can't attach, and it was advertised, but I could've told them beforehand that it wasn't going to work. Why does ?go base work then? For one, there's a bot, but mostly because arena like that has long traditions. It used to be hosted manually.

Basing is forced on us, fine, do it, just be prepared for losses. I know, no one cares about growth, etc.. Just make your basing changes final and stop dicking with us every other weekend. I myself have been going back to Chaos and other zones for the sole reason that theres usually some gay change, map mod etcc. Maybe nto the majority but hey, heres my 2 cents.
                                *sigh* So you too think progress is a bad thing? That the settings are perfect, or at least almost perfect and after that, no changes should be made?

btw, I have dared to "write here again". Why wouldn't I? At least I don't have to use some sort of gimmick account, huh (Kuuk/Kolar). Try using one nick instead of faking input to make it look like 2 different peple. It's jsut a suspicion, I may be wrong, but come on, were entitled to our opinions and I would never ever try to condemn or denigrate a person soley for their opinion or thoughts being different. Post your replies but try to be civil instead of flaming people who disagree with you.
                                Nah, was just wondering why there was rather long period between your posts. And yes, Kolar isn't Kuukunen. Actually this gimmick account thing is related to the lev-lovers getting flamed thing: there has been so many stupid lev threads. Every once in a while someone registers to the forums and bitches about the lev, trying to convince everyone that lev is good and all that. They have the same attitude, same level of matureness and that's why I have to take into consideration the possibility of some of these people being the same person. (Well usually they write bad english, thank you for being at least half decent.)

That's fine, I'll find eleswhere to turret and have fun. Just don't say we didn't complain when we could, were basically losing settings that have stood the test of time for eyars, and now something is being forced.
                                Hmm... "now"... Well people have been begging staff to do something about levs for all these years, and finally we've got some progress.

And if levis really DID leave, I'd be very very happy. Yea, let's say 100 people quit playing TW when levis get banned. But if those 100 are the ones that just LT, it would be teh yay. Also: how in EARTH could game play suffer from the levis leaving? Dun think so.

Rest of your posts were just crap, and nothing to comment on them. You already stopped trying?

But you haven't really tried to argue about the real arguments I've presented. Does this mean 1) you haven't even read them 2) you didn't figure out a way to counter them 3) you agree with them ? Because I kind of want to know. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X