No announcement yet.

?go #mythrandir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that's just uncalled for. Mayo is simply trying to spread the word on private basing and you accuse him of doing so only to be belligerent simply because he is on a squad that strives to bring radical reform to the issues plaguing this establishment. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for persecuting this brave social revolutionary.
    I have stopped swimming in the rock pools a few days ago. Now instead of 40 minutes swimming, I substitute it with 40 minutes power walk - usually on the beaches or around the cliffs. Nothing beats burning the fat in the cold wind. Colon minus pee.

Comment

omg!

Comment

Originally posted by Latrine
        Now that's just uncalled for. Mayo is simply trying to spread the word on private basing and you accuse him of doing so only to be belligerent simply because he is on a squad that strives to bring radical reform to the issues plaguing this establishment. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for persecuting this brave social revolutionary.
        and we do dishes too... for a price
        TelCat> there arent 'sort of' get the flag

Comment

I think this arena is just ment for people that like to have some basing without having to organise a scrim or something, a place where levis are not allowed.
          The people that play, want to play, with other people and not trying to ruin other peoples fun.
          So the more people the better, but I think it is not right just to post or spam the arena everywhere because you might attract people that just like to ruin other peoples fun for the attention.
          So would it not be better just to invite people you know they will improve the games.
          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Latrine
            ...because he is on a squad that strives to bring radical reform to the issues plaguing this establishment. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for persecuting this brave social revolutionary.
            Wow, you're right. This is akin to Budhist monks immolating themselves.

Mayo - Perhaps next you can take up the PETA cause and post threads about how fur is murder?

llater,
            Tony

Comment

I appreciate your point, Mayo. It's still called 'private basing' for a reason, you know. The player base used to be around 20 or 30 when warportal started hosting them. Comparing to that, it's starting to look like public basing already. While it's fine to invite people from pub, I wouldn't fancy getting spawned by loki_666 in a privbase session.
              Veni Vidi Visa - I came, I saw, I did some shopping.

Also did some game development. Check out this horror adventure game if you like point'n'clicks.

Comment

well...

since i don't play elim, when there aren't season matches going on there's virtually no competition left in trench wars, and that was the only reason i played #myth

i just wanted somewhere where some of the spiders don't get less points than one of the sharks does... i mean.. come on, is that too much to ask?

i don't mind there being a #mythrandir around where the newbies come to mingle with the veterans, but let's get another arena, where we can be as damn elitist as we please

Comment

Just don't let newbies cap and you'll get a fine game going..

-bram

Comment

Wasn't the original idea to get 16 players in one arena and not invite any extras so everyone could play and nobody would be sad for not being able to play. After that everyone would just continue the endless efforts to improve the basing quality in pubs. Now there could be like 70 ppl sitting in one private arena wihtout being allowed to play and pub is played by spawners and levterrs only. I would rather have a subarena with lev settings changed and teams evened than playing endless games in a private arena where everyone only wants to show off.
                    Last edited by Eeks; 11-26-2002, 11:59 AM.
                    Originally posted by Diakka
                    Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Originally posted by Dabram
                      Just don't let newbies cap and you'll get a fine game going..
                      Amen
                      I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeks
                        Wasn't the original idea to get 16 players in one arena and not invite any extras so everyone could play and nobody would be sad for not being able to play. After that everyone would just continue the endless efforts to improve the basing quality in pubs. Now there could be like 70 ppl sitting in one private arena wihtout being allowed to play and pub is played by spawners and levterrs only. I would rather have a subarena with lev settings changed and teams evened than playing endless games in a private arena where everyone only wants to show off.
                        Exactly

Comment

i remember hosting and trying not to get any more than 16 in because it would piss me off
                          There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

The reason why there is more and more newbies is that #mythrandir can be hosted like 30 times in a day... before it was like 3-4 privbase per weekend (with warportal)... so before when a privbase was hosted.. OMFG.. we quit baseelim or elim whatever and we joined #base ... remember.. now we don't really care when a privbase is hosted because we know that another privbase will be hosted after this one so the people pub to have more people (newb) and you know the story after...

I like the idea of Eeks

-Arobas
                            TW Bot Developer
                            TW Web Developer
                            Friends> All I saw was arobas+
                            Friends> It's like death

Comment

http://www.trenchwars.org/forum/show...&threadid=1838

Adjusting safe timer to couple seconds would help pubs a lot.
                              Last edited by Eeks; 11-26-2002, 03:49 PM.
                              Originally posted by Diakka
                              Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

My View on #mythrandir

First, I appreciate the support I got from some people. Thanks.

Second, I'm not trying to piss anyone off. I'm just tryin to spread the word of league style basing around to the public of trench wars. Sure its called "private" basing for a reason, but you see thats the whole thing... it shouldn't be private. I'm not suggesting make it the same like ?go basing or ?go fatbase pointbase etc etc... I'm saying keep it the same as we normally do in #mythrandir: Teams of 8, two caps, etc. Just give more people the opportunity to play TW the way it was designed.

BUT MAYO! YOU'RE INVITING ALL TEH N00BZ INTO TEH L33T BASING ARENA!@1
                                How does one go about shaking off being new? By playing games more often, this gives them the chance to.

BUT MYAO! PPL WILL LEAVE WHEN THEIR TEAM IZ L00SING AND/OR WHEN TEH ELIM IS STARTING11!
                                So? It's not like the same thing doesn't or wouldn't happen if we kept it private. It may start out rough at first but eventually those players who have a pattern of this will come to be recognized and won't be picked. Keep in mind this wouldn't happen immediatley.

OH... YOUR STATRING TO MAKE MORE CENTS NOW... BUT WAHT HAPPENZ WHEN THEY LEAVE AND U HAVE TO SUB?!
                                So make somebody in spec the captain.. there may not be a huge number of individuals willing to take this spot up, even though I would and do sit in spec sometimes when I'm cap. Another possible solution is to pick your team, and then have some one in spec cap the match.

BUT MAY!O WHAT ABOUT WHEN THEY WANT TO PLAY AND START SPECCIN YOUR TEEM!?
                                I'm sure myth could make the bot differentiate between a spec captain and a normal captain... so you would have the option to spec other players, but not enter the game or switch yourself in for the game. (Note that I'm only speculating that this wouldn't be too difficult for mythrandir because he seems to have a handle on the whole bot making deal)

BUT WHAT IF A N00B BECOMES KAP¿!1?
                                So what? Everyone has to learn sometime right? bloodzombie's not gonna be around to be captain of private basing forever folks.

I'd be happy to come up with solutions to any more problems that you folks may have with me and my little idea. I'm not trying to make you mad and (this will prolly get me kicked from wtfz seeing as how we're all heartless troublemaking bastards anyways right?) I'm sorry if I did make any of you mad. Anyways you guys could always round up 15 friends/enemies and a host and have a little priv basing match all to yourselves.

All I'm saying is to make the arena public so people can observe and play league style basing. Thanks for reading and if you just skipped to the end I'll leave you with some entertainment: Nipples on Boobs!
                                Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Working...
                                X