No announcement yet.

Dodgeball/Hockey/Boomball...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would be kinda hard to run journey games though. It'd require a relatively large player base.

Comment

LOL, Guru, that was kind of stupid , no offense. Im sure someone said "Why do we need a basing league, we have public!" at one point in time, also. Leagues and squads all bring much more dedication, and desire also. Squadplay would also allow for much more competition, not to mention better gameplay.
      -MariusTheRed
      Robo Ref> Hey de 1 lets get it on in the back of #sex, unf unf unf

MariusTheRed> im jealous :(

MariusTheRed> robo ref has always got me going...

Comment

Nah. What I'm saying is if you need a webspace + someone to design a league system I'm willing to help you guys.

I just can't give you staff support + host.
        gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
        gravy_: Electric granny chariots
        gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

If this is acctually taken into consideration, i beleive i can contribute, and am quite willing to balance, and even incorporate this, with the time i spend working on/practicing with squad stuff. Always willing to help. (i need something to do with my sparetime )
          -Marius

Comment

As a side note, boomball, hosted by Dusk, brought in 38 people, with another game being hosted (Tug-a-war). Since the game capacity is 16 (8 per team) many were pissed. Just another reason to support a permenant boomball league, the numbers are high, the moderated games are few, and everyone will get to play!
            The bots need quite a bit of work, and you know, say a league was started, i know my fair share of scripting also, and am working on some bots with docks consent now. I know im probably babbling, but i think it would add quite a bit of entertainment to the league scene, though thanks to Epi's work of late, and Mythrandir's work on the Match Bots, its been quite amazing as it is.
            -Marius

Comment

As speedball proved, there's nothing wrong with turning a minor arena into a league, they ran 2 relatively decent seasons before everything collapsed. 32 people in boomball isn't enough for a league though, you're going to need upwards of 60 during peak hours (which I've seen in Speedball, Speedball 2, twsbl) to really have a solid player base for an 8 a side game.

The biggest thing to make sure of is that you have hosts, competent hosts, willing to put the time and effort into making a league happen. The last season of speedball is a good example of an "after thought" league that didn't really pan out well, featuring both player no shows _AND_ several host no shows.

So run with your boomball idea, just make sure you've got hosts.

Comment

Aye, i'd run with it, but i dont wanna run into a wall! How should i go about running with it ?

Comment

i've learned so much from the long and dramatic history of sb, and even from my own failed attempt at generating a successful league and participation in the development of several smaller zones.

the absolute most important factor in a successful league is a constant, devoted public community. this means... an arena that is filled at least 6-8 hours a day with enough people to run a continuous game. this may seem obvious, but really, you can skimp on everything else, but you HAVE to have that supporting population. everything else will eventually fall in place from that.

i haven't even heard of boomball, much less an active arena of boomballers

Comment

you guys are fuckin idiots.
                    I can't believe I have gone through your "process" to write you.
                    At first I loved the fact that you guys were pretentious, but when you gave Trail of Dead a 9.0 or a 10.0 I started doubting.
                    You guys are fuckin trendy!!!!!!!
                    YOU SUCK!!!!!!
                    You guys 1) do not know good music
                    2) you're a bunch of dorks
                    3) very corporate in your self gratifying ways
                    4) your reviews REALLY suck now
                    5) I hate you.
                    you guys can act as pretentious as you want,
                    but you're not stupid enough even to ACT pretentious
                    but all of you do anyway. YOU FUCKIN SUCK. GO AWAY.
                    HAHA AND WHATS UP WITH GIVING A LOT OF GOOD METAL ALBUMS GOOD REVIEWS IS THAT THE NEXT BIG THING IN YOUR OPINION?
                    Man that shit is OLD!!!!!!!1 Maybe if you would have grown up with good music
                    you would have realized TEN MOTHER FUCKIN YEARS AGO that converge was good.
                    You assholes are RETARDED, I hate fuckin pretentious people that are pretentious for no reason.
                    You've lost your biggest reader since the beginning. FUCK YOU idiots.

Comment

Jiu did good in getting a league going in a DIFFERENT zone. Boomball won't have that severe handicap. But does boomball have the playerbase at the moment? I'm not so sure many have even heard of it before.

Get a ?chat=boomball going if there isn't one, maybe a website with tactics and a list of skilled boomballers to make people want to play (to beat 'em).

I think it might be too early to be thinking of leagues, but there's no harm in planning.

Comment

awww isnt spruce cute

Comment

Boomball does bring in a lot of players, though its just a spurt, because of the 16 player support. and spruce, thats great too, whatever the hell you were talking about. If anyone is interested in working on making boomball a little better known, as compared to a rarely played TWGame,as was suggested, you can e-mail me, or send a PM to this account, because i dont plan on starting this alone. i know well enough from my own experiance with internet groups/websites/politics that i cant get a movement started myself
                          Orificus@hotmail.com

-Marius
                          Last edited by MariusTheRed; 12-17-2002, 03:23 PM.

Comment

ScoreMaster now allows anyone to create their own league and use their database for hosting it.
                            gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                            gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                            gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

serious? amazing

generous pb'ers

Comment

Working...
                              X