Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tugs
    My first and most important opinion:
    -please i beg, fewer events where people pick a team. it's alright if the remaining people are added randomly, but really, stuff like hockey is a waste of my time to show up to, and is a waste of a bot/host on busy nights.

-i played EG a lot a couple years ago, and i like their system where people use the points they get from playing and from events to buy prizes like prox.
    i think it'd be cool to get a thor or something fun prized in pub if i won hunt or something.

-other comment about hosts and their personalities. SO IMPORTANT. being friendly isn't the most important, just have unoffensive personality. if you treat people normal and not ignore them even if you dont recognize their name and they arent saying anything, it makes my day i think hosts should be providing some sort of commentary or something.
    (for the most part though, you're all doing a bangup job from what i see)

-general note, more events that end up playing like dm or base or javs are pointless, because it's the same gameplay.
    my favourites: tkwars, shrap, turretwar.
    oh and for shrap, could the map be made different? it just wasnt made for shrap gameplay.
    Hey tugs.

Regina sucks balls.
    Originally posted by turmio
    jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
    Originally posted by grand
    I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Trench Wars Hockey Division, go over to the TWPS area of the forum and read the thread about it by Foreign for justification.
      1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
      3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
      3:Best> see it coming
      3:Best> sad

Comment

Originally posted by genes
        I don't think you saw this:
        Pallies ran shit in that AREA, not ARENA.

But yea, exactly. I was talking about Pallies running their own radio, and pretty sure more people listened to that then TW radio, esp when TW radio was advertised a lot and pallies radio wasn't really. People like Crazi got hundreds of people listening to his radio, which was good to listen to. (The staff advertising and getting an arena filled with listerners helped a bunch too. But Daddaking was an example of some random newbie who nobody cared to listen to (whether or not he hosted was irrelevant, its just an example)......the exact thing that you said "Some radio hosts were boring, i admit.".

So basically, you agreed with everything I said, and still do.

I know more of you guys out there reading this completely agree with me, on everything I have said in this thread probably. Don't be scared to "agree with genes" oOoooO.

-genes

you said pallies ran that shit in twradio, where did i say ARENA??, and are you blind in not realizing your own statement? do you realize pallies had like, their own studio irl, full equipment and alot of experience in hosting?
        Girl if it's alright,
        100%.

Comment

Guess I'm forced to say something to!!

When I first played trench wars, around may 2002, I was never bored.. I wanted to play continuum A L L the time!!! I spend 14 hours a day on playing trench wars and with playing I mean HOSTED EVENTS, not much pub but all day long hosted events! how longs had it been for dodgeball to be hosted? I still remember predator <ER> hosting it ALOT! and what about awesome <ER>, dim <ER>, adam <ER>, parasect <ER> and lots more.. these where the real <ER> they hosted all day long.. i'm not saying the <ER>'s we have right now are bad but they are.. sigh they are SO lazzy!!!! I only play 2 hours a day now... and I don't even PLAY i'm just in spec talking on some chats.. some idea's are to just have fun, like genes said! I agree 100% no 500% with him! just HAVE FUN! and HOST not just type !start to a bot! you have to COMMUNICATE with players!!! I still remember zombies getting 80 people, dodgeball getting 80 people.. weekend events getting 130+ people!!! now a good events had about 40 people... just bring back the old fun events and don't think 'hmm ?go deathmatch is ancient lets host that all the time!' NO, you can host it but make it more fun I remember striker hosting dodgeball deathmatch (where the host had thors and all and all other players are terriers and you can't do anything and if you die 10x you are out!) that was a lot of fun but I can't say it enough.. the good old events! fishies BEFORE the .lvz change, ?Go dodgeball, ?go prodem and sigh I just forgot all about them!! check your zones -> sscu trench wars folder once in a while and just pick an arena out and host it! nohting much to it, read the rules (most at A1) and host!!

really sorry about the bad grammer and all, but this is the best I can do.

-duel pasta
          help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

To the events hosts I would say "talk to Melo about melo rules" and yes its far more entertaining when a host doesn't just sit and wait for the %ticknam is the winner %5 Dr. coiffe adds alot to even the more basic events when hosting and I remember jeenyuss{ex-staff} and hockeydude would co-host jav events and would banter back and forth during it "very entertaining". basically add some spice or a twist to current events and watch for new and upcoming events to be hosted more often aka check this thread once in a while for ideas http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...highlight=maps
            ?find dads revenge

Comment

I want...

Levi Wars!
              Originally posted by Jeenyuss
              sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

I agree with a lot of stuff genes allready said, but i wanna tell you my point of view.
                First off, i'am just some random dude playing ss since such a long time that i can't even remember when this 'addiction' started (still got the original subspace cd somewhere).

I like most events in tw, and even the frequency of hosting.
                Yea somedays there is less hosting then others and EU time isn't very active either.. but it's ok imo.

Also most of the events are good and fun, tho some are hosted way to often while you have to wait ages for others (I don't know if it allready exists, if not a system where staffers put in what they hosted could help to balance things out)

For me the difference between a good or bad hosting is the staffer.
                Let me explain what i understand under those different qualities:

bad hosting:
                1) hosting nearly allways for himself or friends/squad members

2) making differences between ppl
                2.1) giving well known friends alot of slack when not playing after the rules but kinda instant specing when a 'newbie' does it
                2.2) big arena msg when a friend or staffer wins but a msg that makes it clear that it's nearly not worth announcing when someone 'unknown' does it
                2.3) ignoring legit questions from ppl but talking about some not hosting relevant stuff with others at the same time
                2.4) I could go on with that point, but you should get the idea, atleast when hosting staff should be neutral

3) hosting like a bot with nearly no communication to the players.. hell why again do we need a staffer if he behaves like a bot ?!

4) leaving ppl in doubt what's happening rightnow, communicate loud and friendly why we are waiting and for what, or whatever is happening

That are some of the point that came to my mind, if a host acts like this ppl won't join events and even events from other hosts. Because that just ain't fun, and afterall we play this for the fun, nothing else.

Now to the bright side (and most times it's this way):
                good hosting:
                1) not doing the faults above (easy, huh?)
                2) having fun with the hosting, ppl will notice and on some strange way it's more fun for them too
                3) be nice to people, yea really if one hosts he's doing an official job and represents the rest of the staff, all bad doing will fall back to the rest and keep ppl away from the events

Well i guess it's kinda mixed up but I think one can understand what I'am trying to say =)
                And don't get me wrong, most of the staff is good but you should get rid of those rotten apples, they maybe doing alot of work but hell what is it worth when they 'scare' the playerbase away ? Or just create a lot of hostile fealings for staff in general...
                Maybe I'am just getting old (went 30 some days ago..eww now I'am nearly dead) but I can't stand this imo immature behavior anymore.

So to summ it up:
                It's not so much about what kind of event or how often, it's about the way it's done, atleast for me

P.S. Cut me some slack on my english, I'am not a native speaker as you should have guessed by now

Comment

I guess only Deathmatch + Hockey every single fucking day isn't so bad. Could be worse.
                  help: (qg) (javs): i think my isp is stealing internet from me.

What's the difference between chopping an onion and chopping a baby? I cry when I chop onions. Type ?go Jav -Chao <ER>
                  MegamanEXE> Chao
                  MegamanEXE> I came from watching Hockey to say this
                  (Sefarius)> ....
                  (Hate The Fake)> LOL
                  MegamanEXE> You are sick
                  MegamanEXE> Good day

Comment

Originally posted by Pure_Luck
                    Now with both players and staffs help, I would like to open up a discussion on what you , the players, the REAL People who play daily want to do.
                    So if you don't play daily you are not real?
                    Didn't the nazis started something with a similar idea...

no seriously, isn't it possible to set up an agenda of things that will be hosted with date and hour?
                    maybe between set events, staff can still host other things. But with an agenda you know when to get online, which is ez for the not real players that doesn't play daily cuz they have a friend with a very hot mom, whose boobies needs cum.
                    some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
                    1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
                    1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

• Originally posted by IceStorm
                      Yea my names got stolen,
                      or wax considering he knows all my passwords went on it and changed everying
                      I don't have the pass to those names.
                      See this is what im talking about, look how staff is now?
                      and think of how it use to be
                      Agreed, too many nerdstaffers atm, remake left_eye and adam staffer and kick some newbies
                      Last edited by Clichy; 04-28-2006, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• (edit)
                        I'm tugs.
                        I talk crap.
                        Read it anyway, and again when Oranje complains about it later.
                        (end edit)

after cogitating for a while more, just a couple small/huge comments.

i heavily disagree with a part in genes's first post about advertising using the names of veterans. i think people like me that aren't so great at the games enjoy a bit of recognition, and i think that fun should be the focus, not competitiveness.

the other thing i keep thinking about, i dont know if i can put it into words...

uhh, i guess i just question how big a deal cheating and laming is.
                        what i mean is, it can be made into quite the source of entertainment. Someone hides all the way through hunt, and everybody in spec is laughing at him. what does the host do? i would hope the answer is "heckle the guy" He knows he's being lame, probably did it just to hear people call him lame.

a story along the same point:

zombies in twcity or something. all i felt like doing was making big booms with my lev.

i forget who the host was, but he/she must have been doing stuff by hand.

when everybody was turned to wb, i quickly changed back to lev, and was surprised to find that it worked.

even more surprising was the fact that the host didnt notice, as i went as fast as i could and hid under hiding tiles with my stealth on.

fastforward to near the end of the game, i start my long trek to a safe with a few close calls along the way.

host specs me quietly about half a minute from gameover, while i was ready to bomb the guard and try race into safe.

so could this have made a source of entertainment for everyone else? sure, but it wasn't.
                        either way, though it was awesome fun for me.

i think i might have lost my point...
                        Last edited by tugs; 05-09-2006, 08:48 PM. Reason: oranje

Comment

• oh, and jeenyuss, fully agree.
                          just staying here until i'm done schooling, then off to africa or somewhere.

Comment

• I know its been said but im just putting in the option again if it is posible... that ?host command that sertify was talking about... is it posible? and if so it should be looked at in depth..
                            Bullets aren't the same as greens, don't catch them.... The name says it all.. Oh My God
                            -Staff: March 2006
                            -Trenchwars Super Moderator
                            -TWD Operator
                            -Ex Dean of Staff

-TWD Coordinator

Comment

• Ouch my eyes hurt you guys wright too much. Some zones use ?host like dsb seems to work.
                              Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it's not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. it's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.:fear:

Comment

• Originally posted by tugs
                                after cogitating for a while more, just a couple small/huge comments.

i heavily disagree with a part in genes's first post about advertising using the names of veterans. i think people like me that aren't so great at the games enjoy a bit of recognition, and i think that fun should be the focus, not competitiveness.

the other thing i keep thinking about, i dont know if i can put it into words...

uhh, i guess i just question how big a deal cheating and laming is.
                                what i mean is, it can be made into quite the source of entertainment. Someone hides all the way through hunt, and everybody in spec is laughing at him. what does the host do? i would hope the answer is "heckle the guy" He knows he's being lame, probably did it just to hear people call him lame.

a story along the same point:

zombies in twcity or something. all i felt like doing was making big booms with my lev.

i forget who the host was, but he/she must have been doing stuff by hand.

when everybody was turned to wb, i quickly changed back to lev, and was surprised to find that it worked.

even more surprising was the fact that the host didnt notice, as i went as fast as i could and hid under hiding tiles with my stealth on.

fastforward to near the end of the game, i start my long trek to a safe with a few close calls along the way.

host specs me quietly about half a minute from gameover, while i was ready to bomb the guard and try race into safe.

so could this have made a source of entertainment for everyone else? sure, but it wasn't.
                                either way, though it was awesome fun for me.

i think i might have lost my point...

Soooo much crap man; you could have said that in just 2 sentences. just stfu or talk clear and without much crap.
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X