No announcement yet.

New Staff Position Proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You and a ton of others help people out. You can't all be staff.
    And staff is a great experience without so much pressure being put on us to know every single detail about the game. If we don't know the answer to the question, we're told that we should feel free to ask another mod, no worries. It's not survival of the fittest, and not "only the most absolutely knowledgeable players get recruited", think of it as teambuilding

Comment

Originally posted by Hydride
      What I don't get is why do you need a <HR> tag to help people out

If you want to help out the <ZH>s and from what i've read I'll assume you will volunteer to do this so you can someday get staff.. Why don't you take the responisibilty yourself, and help people out without having the <HR> tag

That is how most of the <ZH>s got the job, when a person asked a question, that person used their knowledge to help that player out

I don't see why you need a tag to do that
      Well with the HR tag this person would be able to see the ?help calls, which without you wouldn't therefor u couldnt HELP ANYONE. Understand?
      Ummmmm if you have noticed noone of the <ZH>'s I know have ever really helped anyone out without the ZH tag on. Its just people who don't whine and are basers really, or well known members of the TW community.
      the price is right, bitch.

Comment

first of all, who would want to become staff knowing you're not good for anything but to help ZH's

and second, great idea to host an event like staff vs world in a PUB, but make sure there's fucking staff around to get on the cheater calls... last nigth i made two of those and i'm sure some people on my squad made some too. There wasn't a robo message to tell us you'd be taking a look at the cheater, you guys were too busy pubbing.
        Cig Smoke> He spelled since "sinse" LOOOl

YTRE> i wish newbs likes you who think they are vet like hazuki wouldn,t talk like necro

Comment

Why not make a bot that answers ?help questions?
          The player with the biggest nuts.

- destroy

Comment

nooo, RHs would steal all the "on it"s
            2:Zung> Does this 2h mean 1h56 min foreplay & 3 pushes & a stare?
            2:renzi> lol no
            2:renzi> would fuck, blowjob/handjob, fuck, finger, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Hydride
              What I don't get is why do you need a <HR> tag to help people out

If you want to help out the <ZH>s and from what i've read I'll assume you will volunteer to do this so you can someday get staff.. Why don't you take the responisibilty yourself, and help people out without having the <HR> tag

That is how most of the <ZH>s got the job, when a person asked a question, that person used their knowledge to help that player out

I don't see why you need a tag to do that
              Rubbish. <ZH>s got their jobs from basing.
              Run Wabbit Run Wabbit Run Run Run Here Come FFLeader With His Gun Gun Gun ewww .?go rabbit -Redlights <ER>

Comment

Originally posted by destroy
                Why not make a bot that answers ?help questions?
                Great idea! We could call it "RoboHelp"
                USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Not that my opinion matters....

I can only imagine the frustration that upper staff goes through with respect to recruiting/teaching/and promoting new staff members. That being said, why would anyone wish to complex the issue further by adding another level to the TW hierarchy?

I do think its prudent to emphasize, to new staff members, the importance of introductory roles. In otherwards, make sure they know exactly what is expected of them. Then, if they do not perform to that level, warn first and axe second.

The heart of the issue, from some, is that <ZH>'s have no sense of urgency. That either indicates a problem with their dedication or their guidence from upper staff (i.e. <ER>, mods, smods, and up). Unfortunately, it can be difficult to determine which.

Personally, i like helping newer players as much as i can. maybe my 6 + yrs of subspace experience can be useful to someone else. The point is, if there are <ZH>'s that dont feel the same way, maybe they aren't cut out for the position. Don't create more work for everyone by adding another level.
                  Kawrae> Can we get Sweet banned from these forums?
                  Stabwound> This would actually be technically possible. Will it happen? No.
                  Ephemeral> Should it happen? No.

5:MiKE_HAWK> I TALK WITH CAPS ON
                  5:MiKE_HAWK> BECAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A BIG MAN
                  5:MiKE_HAWK> IT MAKES UP FOR MY SMALL PENIS

4:Lizard Fue> FACE DOWN, A$$ UP, THATS THE WAY DADS LIKES TO FUK

Sparffles> Cannot attach to self: Story of my life

Comment

Working...
                  X