Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that the levi should have rockets, and also have MORE blast stuff
    F_You> Id say not just lisa, but she might read this

F_You> my ass is an exit only, Ladies can knock at the door, but they cant come in.

Comment

• Couldnt think of a subject

The levi settings are good but they kind of change the tw theme. After the levi changes have you noticed that more people lt and that the levs are getting all the points.
      1: cReEmY> jab get a life
      1: Twerp> pwned
      1: Duel Pasta> LOL
      1: Duel Pasta> ROFL
      1: Duel Pasta> Cant Breath
      1: Duel Pasta> You got pwned by a jr.

-----

8: cReEmY> If the square root of 5 is 2.5 then what is the square root of 1??
      8: JabJabJab> Uh... STOP IT!! Your hurting my head!

cOnTaCt mE <- Want to talk to me click there!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stultus View Post
        I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but--

Was it really necessary to change bombs/mines/icons.bm2 to hide the fact that the lev now has L2 bombs? I had all those customized, so now when I go in pub I'm disoriented seeing stuff that's the wrong color and all. If you're going to make such a large change to a ship as to alter its entire role, it seems strange to go to the length of a modified lvz to preserve the aesthetic. I wouldn't mind a yellow bomb, and if I did I could go and change it myself--but forcing everyone to use these files is pretty lame.
        I too don't like being forced to use these files. I'd rather use the Zone66 graphics instead.

Comment

• Gobbbby

I don't mind changes to tw, these aren't to drastic and won't have a large if any effect on the population in tw. Personally I think the declining population is how old trenchwars is, you know how hard it is for someone to download the game, log on, see the 2-dgame and judge it before really learn it. It's hard to get people to stay, it seems like i'm constantly playing the same old people. It's a good idea to make every ship equally playable in base, but who wouldn't like to see the levi stay the same or weasel back to normal, mainly the new lancaster as well, i dislike it. I am not bothered by whatever decision is made, I just don't think the problem of dying population has anything to do with minor ship settings.

Comment

• stop testing the damn levi settings and bring back pure pub. public has never sucked more than it does right now
            Today we may say aloud before an awe-struck world: "We are still masters of our fate.
            We are still captain of our souls." -Winston Churchill

Comment

• I have said this before and I don't think you liked my suggestion mootland, but I would like to see the levi as an alternative to the current terrier. Make it stronger than the current terrier, more than 1500 energy to be able to take more damage and level two bullets maybe but without portals. Keep bursts I think. If you want basing this is a good step to take. A ship that can wipe out a base in one shot is not a basing ship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peace_Maker View Post
                I have said this before and I don't think you liked my suggestion mootland, but I would like to see the levi as an alternative to the current terrier. Make it stronger than the current terrier, more than 1500 energy to be able to take more damage and level two bullets maybe but without portals. Keep bursts I think. If you want basing this is a good step to take. A ship that can wipe out a base in one shot is not a basing ship.
                The levi has the legacy of being a heavy bomber ... why change that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sufficient View Post
                  The levi has the legacy of being a heavy bomber ... why change that?
                  Because that is not a basing ship....as seems to be the point of the zone.

Comment

this zone is not basing-only. look at all the elim events, twd and stuff like that. the best thing about tw has always been the variety of events and options on how to play

Comment

Who says a heavy bomber can not fit into the basing mold?

Comment

• Well, the levis seem to extend the length of the average game, as well as make communication a more important part of the game.

I have always liked pub because timed basing games are like pickup football (soccer) games. When you show up at the park, you can just "jump in" and start participating..and if you get bored, or someone on your freq starts slacking, you can just shipchange and fill whatever role your freq needs.

Timed basing with unregulated levis makes the game like playing poker with too many wildcards---Its still helpful to be skilled, but luck becomes a big factor. I haven't seen this much LT'ing going on since the pubbots were added to pub 0 and 2. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, either. But I don't think it's cool if there is always a constant bombing on the FR that causes possession to flip every 30 seconds.

But I don't "hate" the new settings, either. I just think they need to be tweaked a little more for the sake of better basing. Maybe a player-to-lev ratio, or a 3-levi cap on each freq. You're still gonna have LT'ing going on, but the LT's might not affect flag possession as much as it seems to now.
                        Last edited by Subjugation; 11-04-2006, 11:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet View Post
                          1. Return the weasle to a fullscale ship with ultimate stealth/cloak. Require it to turn one of those items off in order to recharge. Disable the ability to thrust shoot without using a rocket.
                          2. Allow the lancaster to regain its dignity. The lancaster has always been a ship for new players to learn with. Now it is more frustrating for newbs to master and even more rediculous to try and evade. Increase the fire power and decrease the rate at which it can fire.
                          i so agree but additionaly
                          1. Change the map
                          2. Add a TK bot with different optinos to punish a tking player
                          3. get pub game bots to all pubs
                          4. disallow private freqs in some pubs
                          5. add minigames to pub (like in otzer zones)

Comment

Working...
                          X