No announcement yet.

1st Proposed Public Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO the levi is now a bit better then it was before. This is mostly due to the upgraded guns. They don't have to worry as much about newb WBs that would live through the yellow shot and keep after them.

I also think it should be tested in PUB 0. Then we can find out if the words of doom spouted by some of the people here will prove true. I doubt it so long as private freqs are disabled. Private freqs practicly beg to be abused by some people, myself included on occasion.

Comment

From a more logical persepctive....

When each of us (those playing TW for 3+ years) first played trench wars, we all started in the pub arenas. As it turns out, the pub settings were balanced enough to sufficiently entice each of us to stay.

Sure each person has his/her own idea of a "perfect" arena. That is why we have arenas such as Javs, elim, base, etc.

By manipulating the "old school" ship settings, you are losing player consistancy to other zones with more established settings. The idea has always been trying to build the population of TW, not give players reasons to leave.

Please take into account the following proposal:
      1. Return the weasle to a fullscale ship with ultimate stealth/cloak. Require it to turn one of those items off in order to recharge. Disable the ability to thrust shoot without using a rocket.
      2. Allow the lancaster to regain its dignity. The lancaster has always been a ship for new players to learn with. Now it is more frustrating for newbs to master and even more rediculous to try and evade. Increase the fire power and decrease the rate at which it can fire.
      3. Revert to the previous bomb radius on the levi. Continue to spawn with current speed and turn radius. Also allow it to continue to spawn with 4 reps, port, stealth.
      4. Return Burst damage to random. Multiple terrs in base shooting off bursts makes for an impossible environment for the opposing team to function.

Unique ship abilities (i.e. Cloak, Level 3 Bombs, Bursts, Multi Fire, etc) are what make the levi, weasle, and lanc original. Continue to balance those ships with appropriate handicaps (i.e. No recharge while cloaked and stealthed, slow speed and rotation, random damage, and slow rate of fire) but do not eliminate those special traits.
      Kawrae> Can we get Sweet banned from these forums?
      Stabwound> This would actually be technically possible. Will it happen? No.
      Ephemeral> Should it happen? No.

5:MiKE_HAWK> I TALK WITH CAPS ON
      5:MiKE_HAWK> BECAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A BIG MAN
      5:MiKE_HAWK> IT MAKES UP FOR MY SMALL PENIS

4:Lizard Fue> FACE DOWN, A$$ UP, THATS THE WAY DADS LIKES TO FUK

Sparffles> Cannot attach to self: Story of my life

Comment

Originally posted by Poonbahbah View Post
        IMO the levi is now a bit better then it was before. This is mostly due to the upgraded guns. They don't have to worry as much about newb WBs that would live through the yellow shot and keep after them.
        You'll realise how dumb this sounds when you finally get a bounty of 20.

Comment

the new levi fuckin sucks yo

Comment

Make the lev move a little faster but leave its slow turn rate and it will be good.

Comment

Weekend Is Over! Chance The Levs Back!
              2:Galaxy Turbo> Jab?
              2:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> what...
              2:Galaxy Turbo> Who would be your dream woman?
              2:Unliked <ER>> i bet kim
              2:Galaxy Turbo> Lol...
              2:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> afk
              --
              1:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> <-- Life
              1:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> GG

Comment

Originally posted by The Unliked One... View Post
                Weekend Is Over! Chance The Levs Back!
                yes please we miss them! :wub: Levi MkI is the best
                Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Well, seeing how the levs will be allowed in pure pubs, and how the pure pubs (especially the first one) are always FULL of people in the FR, it wont take long to realize that the levi doesn't need that huge bomb radius to get a ton of kills in one shot. It only needs that radius in the empty arenas it's allowed in at this point in time.
                  (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Levi MkI?

lol
                    Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

Originally posted by Kontrolz View Post
                      Well, seeing how the levs will be allowed in pure pubs, and how the pure pubs (especially the first one) are always FULL of people in the FR, it wont take long to realize that the levi doesn't need that huge bomb radius to get a ton of kills in one shot. It only needs that radius in the empty arenas it's allowed in at this point in time.
                      lol thats a good point..whoever did the testing should have tested it the way its going to be instead of with purepub still. That much was obvious at the start though
                      I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                      I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

pure pubs popularity seems to have increased since the intoduction of these new levi....
                        Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                        Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Pure pub will always be more populated as long as it is listed first. I suggest relocating the pure pub arena to the bottom of the pub arena list. this will give you a more accurate assessment of its true popularity. You could even list it differently in ?arena list. (perhaps as PurePub 1, 2 etc)

IMO if purepub is not set up as a default arena, it will show its true level of appeal by those that take the time to type ?go purepub.
                          Kawrae> Can we get Sweet banned from these forums?
                          Stabwound> This would actually be technically possible. Will it happen? No.
                          Ephemeral> Should it happen? No.

5:MiKE_HAWK> I TALK WITH CAPS ON
                          5:MiKE_HAWK> BECAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A BIG MAN
                          5:MiKE_HAWK> IT MAKES UP FOR MY SMALL PENIS

4:Lizard Fue> FACE DOWN, A$$ UP, THATS THE WAY DADS LIKES TO FUK

Sparffles> Cannot attach to self: Story of my life

Comment

I tried this new settings...I think it takes away all the fun of lting. Just keep it as it was, Pure pub for if you wanna pub and lev pubs for cool Lting. I agree with Kontrolz and Sweet

Comment

i dont like it at all!
                              4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                              4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                              4:Geio> DEEZ?
                              4:Geio> LOLOL
                              4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                              4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                              4:spirit> LOL
                              4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                              4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhite View Post
                                I tried this new settings...I think it takes away all the fun of lting.
                                That's sort of the point. The pro-levi crowd continually seems to overlook the fact that they've had a pretty easy way of it for the last few years. I mean, I thought that they would have figured that something was wrong when they started L3 bombing the base and seeing that there's rarely anyone in there to kill, but no, for some odd reason, they still persist in doing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X