How to fix the zone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sertifi. View Post
    Deans dont listen to recommendations anymore as they used to in the past, and they recruit alot of their own friends
    Sounds good to me. Hey, at least that would reduce your chances of getting staff since you suckup to every random mod.
    1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
    1:Cower> Sword
    1:Kthx> ok
    1:Cower> Axe
    1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
    1:Cower> ?
    1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

Troll King changing his avatar redeems this thread in all its entirety :turned:
      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
      Failure teaches success.

Comment

What about this one? Does it do anything for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post
          Ya but left eye <er> hosted 95% of those events
          Left Eye had 27.3% of all of the adverts for october

Originally posted by Sumpson
          I thougt penetrate was just another basing squad which tries to get the good players and to be active recruits less good player
          They obviously are not looking for just good players because I'm on the roster and I'm absolutely terrible
          USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
            Sounds good to me. Hey, at least that would reduce your chances of getting staff since you suckup to every random mod.
            Too bad your opinion havent been thought out too well for the good of the zone.

The fact that they recruit their friends more than the people that want and are capable of helping the zone more, means that the staff needs to have more and more people replacing other staffmembers, because the "friends" they recruit, have gone inactive or just dont do enough.

Most of the time, the people that want staff and that able to help the zone more in their own opinion, are the ones with time and will to actually help the zone, and not be staff for 2 months and then go inactive or just simply not doing anything.

There's few ER's that say that "I filled my quota, that's enough".. Well, maybe it's enough, but they dont have the will to make people happier, and the will to host FOR people. But they host for themselves and to fill the quota just to stay in staff.
            3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
            3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
            3:i.d.> da fk is that?
            3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
            3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
            3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
            3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
            3:Shadowmere> LOL
            3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
            Shadowmere> Rofl
            Up in ya !> With his feet
            Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
            Up in ya !> l44t feet
            Deft> l44t f44t*
            Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
            Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila View Post
              (far less aholes than some other mmorpg)
              If only this were anywhere near the truth, I would be playing Subspace more than I am.
              Originally posted by Ward
              OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

nah, you just haven't seen some of the other games i have played.. compared to them, TW is like.. a church o_O
                1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila View Post
                  nah, you just haven't seen some of the other games i have played.. compared to them, TW is like.. a church o_O
                  Counterstrike. :fear:
                  7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                  Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                  TWLJ Champion Season 11
                  TWLB All-Star Season 10
                  Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Counterstrike, surprisingly, has half the shit-talking.

Comment

Only way to make this game interesting for me would be:

A competitive TWL

The only way to accomplish this would be:
                      1) Convince me that cheating is impossible (Everyone can agree that seasons 8 and 9 were a joke).

2) Announce the league months in advance, together with all the things related to it (rules, qualifying, playoffs, you name it). None of that last second "hey let's do like this instead!".

For something on-topic, mostly related to Nethilas reply earlier on this page:

Staff is underrated in trenchwars, way too much whining, way too little thanks. Sure, staff wasn't something for me because of certain people on it, but it doesn't mean that TW staff doesn't do a good job at A LOT of things.
                      5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                      5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                      5: Da1andonly> =((
                      5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                      5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                      5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Sertifi. View Post
                        Too bad your opinion havent been thought out too well for the good of the zone.

The fact that they recruit their friends more than the people that want and are capable of helping the zone more, means that the staff needs to have more and more people replacing other staffmembers, because the "friends" they recruit, have gone inactive or just dont do enough.

Most of the time, the people that want staff and that able to help the zone more in their own opinion, are the ones with time and will to actually help the zone, and not be staff for 2 months and then go inactive or just simply not doing anything.

There's few ER's that say that "I filled my quota, that's enough".. Well, maybe it's enough, but they dont have the will to make people happier, and the will to host FOR people. But they host for themselves and to fill the quota just to stay in staff.
                        Hey dumbass, I only mentioned a bright side to it.
                        1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
                        1:Cower> Sword
                        1:Kthx> ok
                        1:Cower> Axe
                        1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
                        1:Cower> ?
                        1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

think b4 u speak

[QUOTE=Nethila;521317]i find it hilarious how some people blame the drop of population 100% on staff. Since the introduction of WoW and GuildWars, along with other small free mmorpg, the population of TW (and continuum) itself is a on a steady decline. Along came xbox360, soon, wii and ps3, will decrease the game's population even more. I personally stayed to play the game because it's a low-maintenance game with a really nice chat system and in general a good player-base community (far less aholes than some other mmorpg). But those alone will NOT save this simple 2d spaceship game from the decline of usage. What's worse? Along came something called CE, and you get all the retarded people start using them, then BAM! 1 year ban, and for some, life-time ban, decreasing the already declining population even more. QUOTE]

Exactly.. And thats why staff introduced twmarketing to help, get people out an post on sites about the game, so just maybe we can get a few new players.. So instead of all the bitching!! Why dont u copy a bunch of cd's an go hand them out to middle schoollers or elementry kids , maybe they'll pop it in, an are population will go cha-ching!!

Comment

Originally posted by Witness View Post
                            Exactly.. And thats why staff introduced twmarketing to help, get people out an post on sites about the game, so just maybe we can get a few new players.. So instead of all the bitching!! Why dont u copy a bunch of cd's an go hand them out to middle schoollers or elementry kids , maybe they'll pop it in, an are population will go cha-ching!!
                            No one wants anyone to know they play this game.

... including me.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                            TWLJ Champion Season 11
                            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

How to fix the zone:

C4 the server so people don't waste their lives anymore
                              Ban Ikrit

Comment

Originally posted by Ikrit View Post
                                How to fix the zone:

C4 the server so people don't waste their lives anymore
                                That might be the first intelligent thing I've ever heard you say.

ON TOPIC: Everyone talks about how TW needs help and is such an awful zone. Hey man, look at the zones out there with populations of 30-40 and below. They need help. TW is still the most popular zone in subspace and I think we're overanalyzing everything. We have a completely automated league system, something every zone probably dreams about. We have weekend events which bring more people than other zones have in their entire zone. I think we need to stop overanalyzing every single flaw the zone has; remember: the zone is run by volunteers.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Working...
                                X