What is TW's definition of racism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I'd ever use a signature on these forums this quote would be in it:

"how do you know when someone says, "Die you Jew" that the person they are talking to is Jewish? They might be using the word in the right context, but they would be considered racist in TW. Same for the n-word, as what if someone is talking to a black person, they use the word in the right context, but still can be racist."

Do you really not get that saying "Die you jew" when you've justed killed a jewish person in a 2d-spacegame is even less okay than when you've killed a non-jewish person in a 2d-spacegame and say "Die you jew". It's definately not in the "right context". Question why do you feel it's important to mention someone is jewish when you've killed him in a 2d-spaceshipgame? Is it maybe because you're racist?

Also please share more of your knowledge with us, what backs up your "the human race is no more than 7000 years old"? I thought the widely accepted view was that the human race is something like 200.000-100.000 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueblaze View Post
      For starters Subjugation, the human race is no more than 7000 years old, so everything falls under 10,000 years. Of course, I don't buy the evolutionary nonsense, so that does change my dating significantly.
      This is where I decided to quit skimming anything you post forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Dabram View Post
        If I'd ever use a signature on these forums this quote would be in it:

"how do you know when someone says, "Die you Jew" that the person they are talking to is Jewish? They might be using the word in the right context, but they would be considered racist in TW. Same for the n-word, as what if someone is talking to a black person, they use the word in the right context, but still can be racist."

Do you really not get that saying "Die you jew" when you've justed killed a jewish person in a 2d-spacegame is even less okay than when you've killed a non-jewish person in a 2d-spacegame and say "Die you jew". It's definately not in the "right context". Question why do you feel it's important to mention someone is jewish when you've killed him in a 2d-spaceshipgame? Is it maybe because you're racist?

Also please share more of your knowledge with us, what backs up your "the human race is no more than 7000 years old"? I thought the widely accepted view was that the human race is something like 200.000-100.000 years old.

Hmm 200-100 years old. Those are decimal points yeah. I'm pretty sure theres records of people from the 1600s.. GG you lose.
        Lofty> Why must I sit in my chat, listening to some pseudo-homosexual adolescent males go over my looks with such care

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Soldier View Post
          Recently i was banned from TW for saying "Go to africa and die."
          Although it isn't a racist to say that, it was definately very stupid and unfunny.
          Question, why do you say such things? Is it to provoke staff to ban you? Is it because you're a shithead who likes to stir things up? Either way staff was wrong to ban you for being racist, they should've been honest and banned you because you're an annoying teenager who needs to grow up.

Comment

Hmm 200-100 years old. Those are decimal points yeah. I'm pretty sure theres records of people from the 1600s.. GG you lose.
            Yeah the Dutch religion tells me the human race didn't begin till Holland hit it's Golden Age.

If you say I'm wrong, you're discriminating me and should be banned.

Anyway smartass, it was clear I meant 200,000 and 100,000. It's just that in Dutch the . and , are swapped.

Comment

Who are you? I'm an annoying teenager because my comebacks aren't "STOP IT YOUR HURTING MY FEELINGS!!"? Go get a life fagget.
              Lofty> Why must I sit in my chat, listening to some pseudo-homosexual adolescent males go over my looks with such care

Comment

For starters Subjugation, the human race is no more than 7000 years old, so everything falls under 10,000 years. Of course, I don't buy the evolutionary nonsense, so that does change my dating significantly.
                Humans have existed for 200,000.00 years roughly. Common anatomy emerged 30,000.00 years ago in a time refered to as the neolithic revolution. This isn't "evolution nonsense", it's clear fact that this planet and this universe are billions of years old.

Comment

Who are you? I'm an annoying teenager because my comebacks aren't "STOP IT YOUR HURTING MY FEELINGS!!"? Go get a life fagget.
                  Oh yes, this sounds like someone mature enough to have an opinion on racism that others should consider heavily.

Comment

it's a game. racism is a world wide epidemic. what do you expect to solve by stopping racism on subspace? no one is really offended, unless you count the 10 yr olds who shouldn't even be playing this game in the first place. everyone posting on this topic have probably suffered from racism and i'm sure you dealt with it, either ignoring them or something else. this problem is blown way out of proportion by the staff, they ban anyone who says a racist term.
                    9:Everett> well with pascone in -f-, our squad standards just experienced a decrease of 150%

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty
                      it's a game. racism is a world wide epidemic. what do you expect to solve by stopping racism on subspace? no one is really offended, unless you count the 10 yr olds who shouldn't even be playing this game in the first place. everyone posting on this topic have probably suffered from racism and i'm sure you dealt with it, either ignoring them or something else. this problem is blown way out of proportion by the staff, they ban anyone who says a racist term.
                      Part of a staff member's job is to do away with players who break rules. If saying a racist term is breaking a rule, then the player must done away with. Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty View Post
                        As my previous post said, TW is not here to save the world. And I agree with you that racism is common world-wide. And I can not think of any country, group or organization that can stop stupidity world-wide.
                        This kind of massive shift in mankind would have to begin where? With each of us. What is such the hardship if those in charge of TW consider this thier little corner of the world? The rest of us are visitors here.
                        What is wrong with you people that you can not grasp this concept?

Comment

I find it odd that people are less offended by racism than they are by the idea that racism should be fought. What does that say about them? If this problem is being blown out of proportion, then it's not staff or the rules that is doing that. Just look at the people who are always bringing this up on the forums. If anyone is making this out to be bigger than it should be, it's them.

It's about time that we stop treating people who make racist comments as victims. This isn't an issue just because staff decided to enforce racism rules. It's an issue because people act like idiots and don't want to be held accountable for what they do or say. Many argue that if there were no rules against it, there'd be no racism. That's a bunch of bullshit. What's truer though, is that if there were no racism, there wouldn't have to be any rules about it.

Comment

Jews are people who a specific religion, the Hebrew religion. You mentioned that the problem when someone uses the word Jew in the wrong context, then how do you know when someone says, "Die you Jew" that the person they are talking to is Jewish? They might be using the word in the right context, but they would be considered racist in TW. Same for the n-word, as what if someone is talking to a black person, they use the word in the right context, but still can be racist. As well, what about people who say Jesus/God as an interjection, they are using the word out of context, as they are not actually calling upon Jesus Christ, talking to Him, or actually refering to the real Jesus Christ. Wouldn't this be a form of racism towards the Christian religion because you are taking the Lord's name in vain, out of the proper context it should be in?
                            Here is my response to your recent post:
                            Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
                            Like I said before, and TK just said, "Context" is key.

Acceptable: Did you know that the Jews don't celebrate Christmas?
                            Unacceptable: The damn jew shark TKed my team

Acceptable: Yeah, my friend's a jew and I went with him to temple.
                            Unacceptable: Jew ass warbirds tanking shots!!

With the N word, I don't care who you're saying it to, what country of origin you are from, or what colour your skin is. There is no proper context for it. I agree with Jesse Jackson in that the N word shouldn't be used so flagrantly in the media.

And cracker examples.

Acceptable: These Keebler crackers are delicious.
                            Unacceptable: Dumb cracker keeping the man down.

Acceptable: I put cheese on my Ritz cracker.
                            Unacceptable: This cracker thinks he's good cause he spawned a levi in a cloaker.

-------

It's really sad that I have to spell out this GED level information to you guys.
                            As for your Christian argument. Wouldn't using the Lord's Name in vain also offend all of those that believe in God, not just the Christians? Regardless, it isn't an attack at any one person for their beliefs...it's just using the Lord's Name in vain.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar View Post
                              Humans have existed for 200,000.00 years roughly. Common anatomy emerged 30,000.00 years ago in a time refered to as the neolithic revolution. This isn't "evolution nonsense", it's clear fact that this planet and this universe are billions of years old.
                              As well as any other evolution supporting comment; since its widely accepted that evolution exists, then it must be true! Actually, I believe that oh, about 7000 years ago God created the universe, earth, animals, plants, and men in 7 days. I take the Genesis 1 account of creation as the literal method and time that God created everything we see. As well, I believe about a thousand years ago that, there was a great flood, which produce much of the 'evidence' to evolution, such as the Grand Canyon for example which is claimed to be eroded by the Colorado river over millions of years. Anyway, in a flood something like that could carve out within minutes to hours, not millions of days. As well, I'm not someone who is blindly believing in the Bible while ignoring all these 'proofs' of evolution. Part of it is faith that God really created everything as He says He did, and the other part is knowing that the evolutionary theory has many weaknesses within it, and never can actually claim that a 7000 year earth is impossible.
                              May my ambition be, more love of Christ to thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodeus View Post
                                Here is my response to your recent post:

As for your Christian argument. Wouldn't using the Lord's Name in vain also offend all of those that believe in God, not just the Christians? Regardless, it isn't an attack at any one person for their beliefs...it's just using the Lord's Name in vain.
                                How do you know its not an attack on a person's beliefs? I'm sure if you went to a group of fundamental muslims in the Middle East, and you started saying, Oh my Allah, Allah sucks, Go screw Allah, and profanities using Allah's name within, (of course you'd have to speak it in a language they'd understand) but they would probably feel you are attacking their religion and probably kill or capture you.

By the way, KS, take your staff woes about your ban elsewhere, I'm not trying to question a ban or anything like that nor help you question yours.
                                May my ambition be, more love of Christ to thee.

Comment

Working...
                                X