• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blueblaze View Post
    I know that things won't just fly off the earth
    DO YOU? DO YOU REALLY?

Originally posted by Blueblaze View Post
    then the earth would be spinning so fast it would throw life off the earth
    Originally posted by Blueblaze View Post
    which would literally throw everything off the planet.
    f

Comment

• Originally posted by Dack Falu View Post
      DO YOU? DO YOU REALLY?
      Originally posted by Volcs

Comment

I don't believe that >>. I believe that there was a great flood where Noah had to build and ark.
        Have you read the calculations about Noah's Ark? They are hilarious. http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...7?dmode=source

Comment

As for the spin of the earth, obviously, I must clarify it once more. If the earth is spinning at rediculous speeds, then we would have days and nights in a matter of minutes to seconds. This doesn't happen now obviously since the spin of the earth is slow enough. If you took the current rate the earth is slowing down, and calculated that rate per year, for a billion years, then the earth would be spinning at speeds that are inhabitable. I know that things won't just fly off the earth, the point I'm saying is though, that whenever you have the earth spinning at speeds like that, it would be impossible for anything to live through it.
          Speaking grandiloquently,
          Regarding the declining speed of the earth's rotation: If God created the earth in 7 24hour days, wouldn't our day today be much more than 24? or is it that the minutes are slowing down with the days?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scurvy View Post
            everybody's an asshole, so why can't we just have one universal deragatory term?

"jigacker"

I'm going to see to it, that Jigacker catches on...

Due> STFU Jigacker

1:Aerin> o shit have u guys seen the penis with a dragon tatooed to it?

1:X-sTa-C> OMG! thats sooo... AZN!
            1:MILOS> LOL
            1:Kapuchin> lol

2:zidane> i played maplestory :(
            2:zidane> i had like two level 80 +
            2:X-sTa-C> omg... this chat just started eating dick

:4:KoZ> gotta go eat my chittlins now be back later
            :4:X-sTa-C> Koz, don't lie
            :4:X-sTa-C> You know you're also eating watermelon and chicken...

Comment

• I choose to live my life based on an arbitrary assumption that God (if there's a God) is very similar to me. If I were God, the only reason I'd have created the Bible would be to weed out people who are too stupid or crazy to help me out with whatever shit I need to get done in Heaven.
              5:gen> man
              5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoor View Post
                Have you read the calculations about Noah's Ark? They are hilarious. http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...7?dmode=source
                As for Noah's ark, it is completly possible for Noah to have carried all types of animals on the boat. I'm well aware of all of these 'problems' that this person occurs, but there are logical explinations for each. First off, the problem in which no boat could be long enough without steel within it, as the wooden structure would begin to warp. One thing, the boat didn't have to travel anywhere, it just had to stay afloat, not actually travel to another land or ocean, as the HMS Victory would be created to travel, not just stay afloat. You can build a barge-like ship which doesn't travel anywhere, just stays afloat, longer than the HMS Victory's length. As well, God mentions that this ark was built out of Gohper wood, which we don't know what that is. Who knows how thick or powerful this wood is. If the atmosphere had hyperbaric conditions before the flood, its possible that planets could produce wood much stronger and powerful than anything we have today. This could also help extend the length of the boat without having any problem of warping.

In address to the second problem, the boat wouldn't be able to carry all the animals and the food for them. Not every animal we see today was not on the ark. For example, there were not 100-200 different types of dogs in the ark, there was just one type. I believe that within that couple of dogs that were in the ark, those dogs would be breeded and could produce all the dogs we see today, which is not a problem. Same with the horse, cat, monkey, etc.. If you take the basic types of each animal, then you don't have the problem of having millions of different animals on the ships. As far as the food is concerned, I believe that most of the animals if not all of them entered into a hibernative state, which lasted a good portion of the trip. When the animals are in this state, they produce less waste, and require less food on the boat, so that they would be able to carry less food on the boat. Also, insects probably weren't on the boat either, as God attributes something as alive, to being the breathe of life through the nostrols, and insects as we know breathe through the skin. Fish as well were not on the ark, since they obviously could live in the oceans.

Problem 3, thats not a real problem, For example cats and dogs, you could easily breed all the types of those animals within a few thousand years, you don't need a few million.

The fourth, not a problem again, not all of the animals would need to be out of their cages at the same time, Noah can easily take a group out at one time, then put them back, and bring the next group of animals for their exercise.

Fifth, not a problem as well, you see the Ark probably has its bottem carved out. Meaning, there is a whole at the bottom of the ark, but its structured so that it wouldn't cause the ship to sink as the hole wouldn't be too large. The hole would be similar to, (___, ,___) where the opening is raised above the ship, that way it wouldn't flood the boat and sink it. This would allow a place to dump the manure from the people and animals. Also, when you have a hole created like that, it also can help stablize a ship when floating, which can allow you to extend the length of the boat.

Sixth, you must remember that the pre-flood world is not like the post-flood world. There weren't mountains 30,000 feet tall before the flood, but after as the ground broke up and released water into the surface. This would have easily caused the mountains to get formed during this period. The pre-flood world did not have large mountains, but as the flood occured the earth's surface would then cultivate and create the various aspects in the terrain. Since a lot of the water came from the ground as well as the rain, then you would also double your sources in which the water came. This is not a problem by any means.

Seven! There is no reason why Noah would have needed to carry the plants. The Bible doesn't say he did, in fact gives indication that he didn't. Animals can live underwater, or even be covered in water for 40 days without dying. Some plants might get very sick and weakened, but most probably lived alright during the flood. There wouldn't be a problem with too much salt either, as when you have more water, the concentration of salt is severally less. When the water began to run off and dry off accordingly, much of the salt in the water would settle into the oceans, causing them to be more salty than they probably were during the flood, which leads us to "problem" eight...

8, Aquatic life wouldn't be on the ark obviously, and there would be no need for them to be either. If the waters didn't have to go up to the altitude of Mt. Everest, then there would be much less pressure then what this guy expected, and if water came up from the ground as well, that would also decrease the pressure occured. As well, I don't believe the water came down from the sky, and came up from the ground everything evenly, which is why we don't have evenly leveled terrain. Different parts of the oceans, and lands, had different pressures, hence why we have some mountains and some low lands. If the pressure levels were different around the world, then they those fish who needed low pressure would move to low pressure areas, and those fish that would need higher pressure, could go to higher pressure areas, again no problemo. As far as Noah keeping the tanks from decompression, there were no fish or tanks on the ark, so thats not a problem again.

The final problem, which isn't a problem again. If you dump the waste into the waters, then you have no problem getting rid of waste. If you remove the waste, then you remove much of the hazards of disease. As well, many diseases which were carried by insects would be outside, if Noah didn't carry insects on the ark, which removes another hazard there. Finally, the amount of diseases wouldn't be very high if any at that period of time, as the pre-flood earth would have had very few if any diseases. Now as time carried on after God cursed the earth, more diseases would eventually begin to pop up, and finally culminate with more diseases today, but not nearly as many 5500 years ago.

These seemingly problems are no problem at all, to anyone who takes the Bible literally, and understands that Noah was probably a pretty smart guy, and God is an omniscious God, who knows all things, I don't think you can run into many problems. Anyway, I hope that gives you more insight on the easy possibilities of a great flood, as its not physically impossible, since it did happen. When you believe in the God who created this world by Himself, out of nothing, you know that He can do all things to His glory and will. His power is not limited to creation or the preservation of nature either, but that He has the power to save your souls from the eternal hell that is true. Through the death of Jesus Christ, He can save your soul from the depths of hell, if only you call on His name for salvation.
                May my ambition be, more love of Christ to thee.

Comment

• Home Depot now selling Arks.

Comment

A whole lot of bullshit that only points out the problems!
                    According to your amazing logic every cat-owner should watch out his cat doesn't breed lions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dabram View Post
                      According to your amazing logic every cat-owner should watch out his cat doesn't breed lions.
                      I believe its possible that some mid-range cat with the possibility of both the domesticated and the wild cats. After being breeded out, several qualities were seperated, and could have possibly caused all the cats we see today. But its not a big deal if a few different types of cats were on the Ark, but it doesn't take too many to see all the cats we have today. As well, it took 5500 years to have all the breeds we have today, so its not like your domestic cat will breed lions, since it took so long to get all the cats we see today so there won't be a sudden reversion to lions, but it also probably doesn't even have the possibility to reverse breed its traits as the traits have been passed down so long.
                      May my ambition be, more love of Christ to thee.

Comment

As well, it took 5500 years to have all the breeds we have today
                        This is what we call evolution
                        Last edited by Asmodeus; 12-29-2006, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asmodeus View Post
                          This is what we call evolution
                          :english:

Comment

• Oh my goodness Blueblaze.

I think you'll find Dogs are pretty unique in being able to cross-breed. For pretty much everything else, you need that single species. Different species of monkeys didn't come from cross-breeds of others, same with cats, birds etc. There would have to be thousands of different species on the ark.

I seriously LOL'd at your post. (The above bits weren't the only problem, what is all that jazz about pressures?)
                            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                            ---A few minutes later---
                            9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                            9:Kim> UM
                            9:Kim> i didn't
                            9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                            9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                            9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                            9:pascone> lol?

Comment

• I am so glad this thread stayed open, because it's the funniest I've read in a long while. Blublaze, you are a miracle.

Comment

Sixth, you must remember that the pre-flood world is not like the post-flood world. There weren't mountains 30,000 feet tall before the flood, but after as the ground broke up and released water into the surface. This would have easily caused the mountains to get formed during this period.
                                Mountains are not synonymous with plants and do not grow by watering them.

Last edited by Dack Falu; 12-29-2006, 11:53 PM.
                                f

Comment

Working...
                                X