Fixing Baseelim, Killing ?go javs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mootland Farmer View Post
    If you revive Baseelim, you will split the Javelin competition in half. Half will be at Baseelim, half will be at Javs. This is what happens when we didn't control our peak competition. We have a million Javelin arenas which splits our competition up. Javs defeated the purpose of Baselim, because there was no usage requirement, and you can practise until you don't feel like playing anymore.

If you want to establish Baseelim as a popular arena, you will have to shut down Javs, or give players a good reason to go back and play Baseelim (perhaps a ranking system that works). You will not get both arenas (and you shouldn't be running both anyway) going well until our population grows again.
    He is right, the javalin population is split because of Javs and Baseelim. ?go Javs gained more popularity because the arena is the same used in JD and LJ, thus it makes sense to practice on that arena, rather than an outdated one. Thus, Javs won the population and crushed Baseelim. Possibly, creating a similar arena used in the JDs, but somewhat larger would be effective. Temporarily shut down ?go Javs for a week or two, and see how the public takes to the new arena. Make sure the baseelim works of course (with working ranking and all features working properly such as cloaks) and give it a week or two shot. Promote it on steroids, and just get as many people into ?go baseelim as possible. Afterwards, reopen ?go Javs and let the public decide, and just go off of that, since that's who does play in these arenas anyway :P
    May my ambition be, more love of Christ to thee.

Comment

go javs is needed for newbs, and those who want to practice shots relevant to jd maps

baseelim is necessary for those working on tactics, practice javs, have fun, rec, w/e.

both are needed, one needs reviving so revive it, pretty simple.

Comment

In my opinion not having to wait to play is why I like javs more. I'm not a serious javver and I like to have fun-I dont want to wait around to play after I get 10 deaths. Streaks and barwarp just make it easier. I'll never be a pro jav or anything, so being the newb jav that I am I'd rather play when I want to play and not wait for the "pros" to finish dueling.

Comment

Just 'off topic', gonna throw it in here:

If you want a new baseelim map to have more fun times, since as far as I know, javs aint coming back to what it was just now

=> Send the new baseelim map into TWMaps@gmail.com
          (Might be able to test multiple maps to see how people like them, but that requires players' help)

If you're an experienced javelin you know what kind of map javelins like/can/have fun time- playing in
          3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
          3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
          3:i.d.> da fk is that?
          3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
          3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
          3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
          3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
          3:Shadowmere> LOL
          3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
          Shadowmere> Rofl
          Up in ya !> With his feet
          Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
          Up in ya !> l44t feet
          Deft> l44t f44t*
          Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
          Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

put the old map back up
            7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
            Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
            TWLJ Champion Season 11
            TWLB All-Star Season 10
            Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by Shan View Post
              I just say you learn jav better in belim and its more fun to play belim then ?go javs! :X
              Well spoken!

Comment

right ok i'm not a jav duellist

but i find ?go javs fun everyonce in a while.

i've also played belim but since i'm not a competitive javer i find ?go javs way more fun yet occasionaly i like the 'knockout' pressure of belim.

the most fundamental reason i prefer ?go javs is 0 wait time.

personaly i think that ?go javs is better than belim for me personaly. If i were someone who jd'd alot i'd thought getting javduel as active as possible would be the main thing because that promotes teaming , a key thing in jd's where as belim should be about soloing? but i dunno.

The way i look at it is, ?go javs is a nice place for the casual/beginner jav. Surely this would feed the twjd population better than ONLY having a upper class belim i.e. a new player starts off in ?go javs after getting the hang off hte game, eventually gets better joins a lower JD squad that should be recruiting this type of player, they should then encourage them to play belim and javduel rather than ?go javs all the time. If this encouragement was going on in lower jd squads it would pomote similar skilled players playing in belim promoting competition and improvement and it would be more active.
                In my world,
                I am King

sigpic

Comment

I like pie.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Left_Eye View Post
                    I like pie.
                    If everyone did, we'd have no problems in life
                    May my ambition be, more love of Christ to thee.

Comment

Ok, all of you .?go javs fanatics can shut the fuck up right about now. I'm gettin' tired to sit in baseelim and wait for someone to arrive there. Also bring the old map back to baseelim. Who cares if someone knows how to shoot there? Eventually people will learn how to play with new map also, so it's kinda ridiculous to say "yo that guy knows this map too well".

Jesus these .?go javs newbies who ruined my dear baseelim just make me angry and I make no sence once again.
                      _o_ 2 NASRALLAH! RIOT!

-Cross-
                      1:vys> yo Pure_Luck already told me that i'd be ZH one day when deluge is sysop and method owns TW

Comment

LOL

Belim owns go javs!

I hate all you fucks who keep playing javs because everything goes faster and because you can warp! It's stupid.

I agree that the baseelim map is crap, I would like to see the old baseelim map again!

Comment

well said Cross!!

Where can I find the old baseelim map??

Comment

Who cares what SOUPERO thinks?

Comment

They are both just as good as each other and the principle of owing is just the same.

I must admit, ?go javs is just more convienent.
                              Hirluin is now known on TW as Hirluin! <ZH>

New Zealand - home of the best Trench Wars players in the world!

DJ Hirluin on TW Radio

My awesome MySpace page :)

Comment

Oh how I miss baseelim when it used to be like 30-40 ppl playing it and both sides were actually opened. Even DEA's comments smells like a bunch of flowers when I think back about those days Hell, I even miss the shrap!

Comment

Working...
                                X