Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosting

Hi,

Hosting is on a low pit again lately, actually, I only see ONE person host regulary and that is stargazer <ER>. Could be because of my time zone, but I'm sure i'm not the only one complaining about lack of hosting.

Another thing I would like to bring up is the VARIATY of hosting.. Yes, we know about gatez, hunt, cube, zombies, ...

anyone know extremedb? minefield? still remember glider? potatos? astroball? outpost? I can go on and on, I'm bit tired of making maps and not see them hosted at all.. I know people like ?go hunt but pls.. there are 700+ maps, only 20 get hosted regulary, it's time for an <ER> who wants to host different maps and not always the same. Now you might say 'yes but the people like bug because they always ask for it'. Maybe its because they haven't even played the older/newer maps. Lately I just gave up on events, playing hunt, bug 10x a day just doesn't do it. before base I was an event whore, but oh well..

I think it's time for promotions or new hires. Wasn't there like a quotum or something? do all ERs get that quotem? I would be surprised if they do.. I see alot of ERs in all my chats and I never see them host.. ever. And I let my ss run all night so I check what happened when I was afk so I can see what event got hosted and by who.. well not always but you get my point.
    help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

What's the point in hosting with 5 people not afk in the zone <_<

Comment

have to agree with dp, star is the only one hosting, but its early in the morning in the US usually so only like10 ppl go to them, would actually like to see someone host between like 3-6pm EST or somethign when max # of people are on.. have to say there hasnt been much.. =/
      1:Blasphemy> if ur gonna put a jav in line
      1:Blasphemy> we gotta have people like eelam and kian in
      1:Blasphemy> from the beginning

1:exquisite> u know whats wierd
      1:exquisite> having ur dad talk to u on AIM
      1:exquisite> like zzzzz
      1:Ease> you think thats wierd?
      1:exquisite> ya
      1:Ease> try skipping school
      1:Ease> and having ur mom IM you
      1:Kian> LOL EASE
      1:Collusion> LOOL
      1:exquisite> LOL

Comment

Originally posted by KiAN View Post
        have to agree with dp, star is the only one hosting, but its early in the morning in the US usually so only like10 ppl go to them, would actually like to see someone host between like 3-6pm EST or somethign when max # of people are on.. have to say there hasnt been much.. =/
        I mean STARGAZER IS CANADIAN, it still a 6-9 hour time difference between him and Europe. So it means Star starts hosting for the euro people when it is 12:00 for him in Canada.

Good work Star!!!

Comment

This is something I've been discussing alot lately

Bandwidth might prevent some events (starcon) from being hosted regularly... couldn't you shave some of the LVZ off and make a ?go dietstarcon for semi-regular use? Seriously, the other day I was talking to pavement and he asked me how often our mother says something relatively intelligent, and I replied "once in a blue ?go subroids".
          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

One major reason might also be the zh host training system, which does not promote the diversity of hosted events.

Zone helpers are perhaps the most enthusiastic people on staff, and the "training" system is really dumb. Anyone granted a place in staff should be expected to have enough experience of the game to host their own events, the way they want to. Instead of getting a 1to1 "say this line, followed by that line, followed by this bot command"-kind of instructions.
            5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
            5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
            5: Da1andonly> =((
            5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
            5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
            5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi View Post
              One major reason might also be the zh host training system, which does not promote the diversity of hosted events.

Zone helpers are perhaps the most enthusiastic people on staff, and the "training" system is really dumb. Anyone granted a place in staff should be expected to have enough experience of the game to host their own events, the way they want to. Instead of getting a 1to1 "say this line, followed by that line, followed by this bot command"-kind of instructions.
              Jeansi let's start a private logistics company in which TW pays us to train its staffmembers. We can call it Blacktrainer
              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

yea this is a bad period for events - its been getting worse and worse for a long while

specialy for euros ... when i go on later at night there are alot more events being hosted.

the only people i see hosting on my real timezone and not when i should be in bed is flibb and star

also there is 0 basing being hosted, used to have fizzy and nycle hosting base events at euro times - i can't remember the last time i was online and had a simple basing event hosted.

they need to either clean up inactive ers and appoint new ones that will host during euro times
                In my world,
                I am King

sigpic

Comment

1) The is a hosting lull, I agree, But bear in mind I am about to host a 24 hour hostathon! There is the randomness. BTW you missed me 2 days ago. I hosted 17 Not-well known events. Went to the arena list and picked some. ^_^. I Also Come on at 9am Cst and play till about noon cst then sleep. Then come back on at 6 or 7 and host some more. FYI

Comment

HMS doesnt that prove that its pretty much only you hosting? It certainly doesnt disprove what anyone has been saying!

We need older players that played lots of events to start taking ER positions IMO! Some of us know the old favourites that dont get hosted anymore. Some of us also know some good, less well known events in general which need to be hosted! There are some ace ones that never get hosted anymore, although I can't be arsed to name them!

Anyway you get the idea, get some decent ERs!!! Some that won't get fed up and get bored in like a month or 2 would be good, we need more people like Star! :P
                    9:Basti> any1 want pw for squad BlowJob?
                    9:Inaphyt> no basti i want you to give me the password to your room so you can give me a blowjob
                    9:Basti> sure
                    9:Basti> we can take a basing duel in my bed
                    9:Inaphyt> hahahaha
                    9:Basti> i'll score
                    9:Basti> i'll ride my ship into ur cram
                    9:Basti> and take the flag
                    9:Inaphyt> ROFL
                    9:Basti> and finally lay a mine there

Comment

HMS is definitely one of the best ERs we've seen in some time.

Comment

I don't say this just because he's on my squad, but Lea <ER> seems like he's always hosting when I'm online.

Comment

Well, I hate to say it but thats what you get for promoting Left_Eye from ER, axing me from ER, and then riding on one host to do all of your events for a few months until he gets tired of being the only one hosting and either stops hosting or quits. Well, atleast the older players remember the golden age of hosted events, or as I call it the Warkasance.
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Ive been really busy this month with graduation preparation and stuff but in a week or two ill be back to my ~40 events a month...
                            4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                            4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                            4:Geio> DEEZ?
                            4:Geio> LOLOL
                            4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                            4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                            4:spirit> LOL
                            4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                            4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Absolutely agree with the inactivity of staff, only hosts i ever see are stargazer and punk.

However I don't agree with the diversity in maps. Try actually getting someone to host it, I mean gazer takes almost all requests for his hostathons. Plus people don't really come to events they don't like or don't know. People like zombies, thats why it almost always has 40+ people. Make a quality map with an original idea that will catch on before you complain about your maps not being hosted....not this javs8 horsecrap.
                              TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                              TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                              Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                              - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                              Originally posted by kthx
                              Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X