I should host again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cowPope View Post
    so what? how can a host stir up shit? he was more than just a host before, i don't know what all he used to do for staff. this time he just wants to host games, and i fail to see how he could do any harm.
    I can say at least 10% of Trench Wars and 50% of Trench Wars Development group 'just wants to host games'.
    3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
    3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
    3:i.d.> da fk is that?
    3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
    3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
    3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
    3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
    3:Shadowmere> LOL
    3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
    Shadowmere> Rofl
    Up in ya !> With his feet
    Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
    Up in ya !> l44t feet
    Deft> l44t f44t*
    Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
    Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Originally posted by cowPope View Post
      so what? how can a host stir up shit? he was more than just a host before, i don't know what all he used to do for staff. this time he just wants to host games, and i fail to see how he could do any harm.
      Causing needless drama and shit stirring amongst the staff- hell he's done it enough times with the playerbase as it is

If he just wants to host games, the best way he could show that would be by getting rid of his ego. PM Kolar or one of the other upper staff and be like " look I know I've fucked up in the past and we aren't on the best of terms- but I really want to help the zone out with hosting. Is there anything I could do, or anything I could help any of the ER's with?" I think staff would take that to heart much more than a topic like this- it just seems like another drama-queen placing himself on a podium, trying to get public sympathy and support.

If he really wanted to host or even help the zone in any way, making a topic like this should have been at the very bottom on his list of ideas.
      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Left_Eye View Post
        If you are really serious about wanting to help, I would only suggest going up to current ERs or constant hosters and helping them along.
        He has come to me about my hosting on several different occasions. And has given me useful bits of information.

Comment

Originally posted by Sertifi. View Post
          I can say at least 10% of Trench Wars and 50% of Trench Wars Development group 'just wants to host games'.
          but he's actually good at manual hosting.
          offline during quicksand's victory in twld which made us the first squad to have an undefeated TWL season while winning every game 4v5.

Comment

sertifi just wants to be staff so we can ignore him. not that important if someone wants to host games and cant. the people that play them just wont anymore cause they're booooring. When someone can get more players than weekend events on average though its time to reconsider..i think social skills goes hand in hand with hosting since your current hosts have almost no social skills to complement starting a bot
            I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
            I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
              sertifi just wants to be staff so we can ignore him. not that important if someone wants to host games and cant. the people that play them just wont anymore cause they're booooring. When someone can get more players than weekend events on average though its time to reconsider..i think social skills goes hand in hand with hosting since your current hosts have almost no social skills to complement starting a bot
              WTF, whered the sertifi bit come from :/

Comment

just one sentence about his post

Comment

This isn't about drama, but I just don't know how to get the word out honestly. It is hard enough to have a conversation with a few staffers that I need to to tell them I know in the past I have screwed up a bit, but what I do on my Kthx name is really my business, and I try to keep that and my hosting seperated to the best of my abilities. Obviously you all know my views on how Quicksand along with my Hosting is a good thing for this zone. All in all, me being an ER is better for this zone then not, and I am here to offer my time and abilities to further this zone. I don't think I can say things in a more nuetral way than that. I mean im not even going to turn this into a fight between be and Kolar like it would normally become, but you mention one or two events as to why I was not that great of a host, while leaving out some of todays most popular games. That thousands of people have enjoyed since created, and been hosted hundreds of times each, if that isn't your definition of a successful event then I am not sure what is. And Liquid Blue, you want to automatically assume that whatever I say is for attention, when I genuinely miss hosting is all, there aren't many people who I would say actually like to host, but it helps me be an attention whore so I enjoy it. As a host I can show off, which honestly makes me a great entertainer. It works good for both parties. I just don't know what you want me to say, I will never be the nice guy on my Kthx name, but I can still be an ER as Wark and let alot of people have fun. Oh, and I still do help out staff alot if you must know, I have always, even when im not on staff, helped staff with events, commands, and general knowledge.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

You have some problems.
                    -Kawrae

Comment

You do realise that since almost everyone knows that kthx = Wark whether you try to keep them seperate or not what you do on the name kthx is going to reflect on your staff alias, even if you are absolutely perfect on that name!

Don't get me wrong your a great host and I'd love to see you come back :wub: however if your still gonna be an ass on Kthx it's still gonna cause trouble therefore isnt worth even contemplating. So to be frank, saying you would keep the hosting and what you do on Kthx seperate means nothing!
                      9:Basti> any1 want pw for squad BlowJob?
                      9:Inaphyt> no basti i want you to give me the password to your room so you can give me a blowjob
                      9:Basti> sure
                      9:Basti> we can take a basing duel in my bed
                      9:Inaphyt> hahahaha
                      9:Basti> i'll score
                      9:Basti> i'll ride my ship into ur cram
                      9:Basti> and take the flag
                      9:Inaphyt> ROFL
                      9:Basti> and finally lay a mine there

Comment

People keep mentioning me being an asshole as one of the biggest problems with rejoining staff, but there are plenty of staffers that are completely rude to players, ignore people, and are high up in staff, and that is on their staff names. Before continuum I played game where I might have had several aliases in factions that were not friends with one another, I learned to play the role of the character I happened to be on at the time, my experiences from that game help me to do the same on this game. People used to be shocked when they found out that Kthx = Wark, because I acted so differently on both names. Unfortunately it is damn near impossible to keep aliases seperate on this game because everyone is so nosey and wants to know who people are so it doesn't last long. Everyone here takes what I say and do on Kthx so seriously, when it is good for the zone that I do these things. My rampant shit talking increases competition in this zone, people want to get better so they can beat me and talk crap to me, it gives people a reason to try, to be better players, and will eventually lead to better players in this zone. Besides that we distract people from other problems with the game, if everyone were friendly to one another, the game wouldn't be as popular, this type of role playing is a necessity in keeping this zone alive, people need a person or group of people to hate. The good outweighs the bad in this situation.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Nevermind!
                          Last edited by Left_Eye; 04-22-2007, 05:07 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

speaking as someone who was an ER, hosting does tend to suck. I tried to stay away from the boring !start games (except javs, because any jav event is awesome) and host the rarer ones, but hosting 50 times a month takes a lot of time.
                            The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                            All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                              sertifi just wants to be staff so we can ignore him.
                              Wait, what was the point of this thread again?

Comment

lol well sertifi has nothing to back him up for bein g a good staffer other than he tries really bad to kiss ass..obviously a diffferent situation

Comment

Working...
                                X