Basing Draft Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric Jeter View Post
    Politics is for people who can't succeed at anything else. I don't see why this wouldnt work if the right person wasn't in charge. I dont know what randedl did or didn't do right, but if ECT runs this, with L_E's dedication, I don't think she would let it fail.
    it's not about how dedicate the organizer is. it's about how dedicated the players are.
    1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Been away for few days, How /why did lizard get banned? , Oh and whats going on ?"!
      https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
      1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
      1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
      1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
      1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
      1:soild>they can say what they like
      1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
      1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Hmm well to start no I didnt play in the last few BWC I had other things going on but I did watch some of the matches they seemed like alot of fun for the ppl who were playing. One thing you may want to do though is enforce that ppl play for the country they are representing. The fact that Jockman {an Aussie} was cap of Canada at the start of the last BWC seems kinda wrong. If you want to get more of the advantage away from the euros all you need do is lower the lag limit to lets say 160ms.
        ?find dads revenge

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
          Was just reading through the whole BWC thread (all 2 pages of it) and got some ideas. I agree that it sucked having the same team win year in and year out, so why not mix it up a little?

A) Decide how many teams to participate in a tournament. (8, 12, 16 etc)
          B) Assign a captain and an asst to each team, regardless of where they're from, or what squad they are in.
          C) Have anyone interested 'Register' or 'Sign up' to play.
          D) Have the captains of each team do a "Draft" out of the player pool that registered to play. 20-25 man rosters maybe?
          E) Breif amount of time for trades n shit. (1 week?)
          F) Tournament (Winners and Losers Bracket)
          G) Based on standings from previous tournaments, will be the order of pick for the next one. (Last to First)

Side Note: Salary Caps?

I doubt I'm the first to think of this, but I wasnt about to troll the entire forum looking for a similiar topic. This would give us basers something to do in the twl off season to stay competitive. I highly doubt anyone would let me head this, considering I think staff should suck my nuts, but I'll volunteer anyways if the interest level is high enough. Discuss.

Edit: Would the bot we used for the weekend event 'Pub Hunt' work as a registering tool?
          im all for it, always thought something like this would be cool and interesting..
          1:Blasphemy> if ur gonna put a jav in line
          1:Blasphemy> we gotta have people like eelam and kian in
          1:Blasphemy> from the beginning

1:exquisite> u know whats wierd
          1:exquisite> having ur dad talk to u on AIM
          1:exquisite> like zzzzz
          1:Ease> you think thats wierd?
          1:exquisite> ya
          1:Ease> try skipping school
          1:Ease> and having ur mom IM you
          1:Kian> LOL EASE
          1:Collusion> LOOL
          1:exquisite> LOL

Comment

I am all for a draft basing world cup, as they said before earlier in posting. the problem with the draft leagues in the past has been 3 leagues. people wanted to win 3 leagues or just go after one so it created problems. for people who are itnerested in actually playing BWC this season it should be a Draft Basing World Cup every season from now on in. if u want to do bwc u will play for a selected captain from the ECT or draft staff whatever it would be. there would be say 6 teams of 12-15 so that not only do u have subs but you have activity to practice if you wish to. there should be staff who will set up a private base game in # arenas with the bwc drafted teams. the more people play together the more they will get along with one another. this league will work and i am in to help it work. not to mention all of TW is getting into basing even the duelers, there will be alot of people who will sign up and should be a free agent list u can always pick up from until playoffs. but you would only be able to have a roster of so many and so many roster changes per week or per month. and each player can only have a limit of 3 roster changes if they do more they are in a cooldown period for 1-2 weeks to discipline the fact that its just a fun league u paly for who u play for and get over it. if you want to participate then follow the goddamn rules
            Subnova Owner

Comment

4 words that will doom any draft league right now:

summer, aliases, commitment, ego
              1 + 1 = 1

Comment

nethila is on fire

especially on the aliases part; are you going to find a staff member who will aliascheck every aliaser who tries to get on his friends' team by aliasing and having a low value as a result?

are you going to go get smashed with friends or play a draft league with your bitchy ass team of people you don't like?
                7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10
                Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

That TWDT site was pretty sweet, J.
                  5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                  5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                  5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

i love you peej

Originally posted by dads revenge View Post
                    Hmm well to start no I didnt play in the last few BWC I had other things going on but I did watch some of the matches they seemed like alot of fun for the ppl who were playing. One thing you may want to do though is enforce that ppl play for the country they are representing. The fact that Jockman {an Aussie} was cap of Canada at the start of the last BWC seems kinda wrong. If you want to get more of the advantage away from the euros all you need do is lower the lag limit to lets say 160ms.
                    rab was running it and let's face it, he's an idiot.
                    Originally posted by turmio
                    jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                    Originally posted by grand
                    I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

as stupid as rab might've been at times, he was still brighter than hurricane and wouldn't name a draft league "draft basing world cup". wtf is a draft basing world cup? is it the same as BWC, where players can only sign up for their own country? if so, why the hell put "draft" in front of it? if it's something different i'm really curious, if by "world cup" you actually meant that there can be mixed teams and it actually has NOTHING to do with getting teams based on nationality/ or geographic w/e, then it's very ridicilous to call it a WORLD cup.

i'm not at all surprised the FIRST thing hurricane thinks of when he's creating a league is having a squadchangelimit of a staggering 3 squadhops, if you decide to hop more you'll get penalized with 1-2!! weeks of not being able to play. woah.
                      but seriously what kind of weird cup would allow 3 squadhops a season, oh wait, is it even an actually a cup or just a league like twd? just like 'world', 'cup' could mean something different here..

also max 12-15 people on a squad for a draft league = forfeit after forfeit after forfeit, although it seems you're plan is to let squads play whenever they want (like twd?), if that's the case, it's surely a guaranteed road to failure..

if someone wants to play with different people during offseason in a twd-like-league they'll just create that squad with those people. the average subspacer isn't really interested to be placed together with a bunch of people he doesn't know to play in a twd-like-league that doesn't mean a thing, he'd rather play in a similar league with people he knows..

Comment

bram'd
                        https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                        1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                        1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                        1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                        1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                        1:soild>they can say what they like
                        1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                        1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Jeter View Post
                          Politics is for people who can't succeed at anything else.
                          what?
                          Originally posted by Tyson
                          There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                          Originally posted by HeavenSent
                          Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                          Originally posted by Izor
                          Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

I think what he means is that Subspace politics are for people that can't do anything else. And apparently he was being self-deprecating.
                            5:gen> man
                            5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

It seems to me that the only way it would work is for one or two people who actually know how to pick teams to go through all the names, and balance the teams accordingly. Of course, I´m talking about myself here, just let me pick the teams and all your worries will go away. Hell, I´m in Mexico and I bet I could pick a better set of teams than any captains you choose to ¨draft.¨ Of course, then it´s not a Draft tourny but the Apoc Picks Teams from AFK-land Cup. I´ll send the winning team a bunch of tacos.

Just send me the list whenever you guys get it with people´s actual names, aliases will be dropped, and players will get 1 week to accept their teams. If they don´t accept, teams get re-rostered. And of course, I can only pick Basers, so the leagues will have to be separated, which makes sense anyway.

The whole point is to get to play with people you don´t know, and to be competitive. It´s not rocket science. As long as you don´t roster aliased people - and you can check this pretty easily through twd and just not add nonsquadded people. All you naysayers, just make a big list and send it to me and I´ll pick your sorry teams.
                              3:sarger> the expression on her face said "ez" but the "arms" said "IMPOSSIBLE"

For some reason, this guy decided to post the entire wiki (or other) on pancakes. -Aquatiq

Comment

The reason that a World Cup works and a Draft doesn't is because a WC hinges on patriotism. A draft has to be competitive enough in some way in order to work, which is almost impossible.

PS: BNL just owns.
                                You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Working...
                                X