Trench wars is dying.... Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purple Heart View Post
    When you log into Trench Wars, you see a "welcome to trenchwars bla bla etc etc.."

How about we add a small notice asking players to help the community to thrive, and give them the link to the voting website that exalt pointed out?

Just throwing out an idea.
    good idea, make a zoner or something, tell people to vote

i mean people did it apparently in 2000 and 2002 when it won game of the month in two seperate years, no reason why i cant win it again
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

The problem with just advertising "Trench Wars" is that it only works if you also advertise "Continuum" or "Subspace". We know the difference because we're already familiar with it. But advertising "Trench Wars" to the unknowing public would be like advertising just one particular server in World of Warcraft. Sure, TW is the largest Subspace/Contiuum zone, but the terms are not synonymous.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King View Post
        The problem with just advertising "Trench Wars" is that it only works if you also advertise "Continuum" or "Subspace". We know the difference because we're already familiar with it. But advertising "Trench Wars" to the unknowing public would be like advertising just one particular server in World of Warcraft. Sure, TW is the largest Subspace/Contiuum zone, but the terms are not synonymous.
        I always call continuum, trenchwars from habbit.

I think all of us ultimately mean Continuum/SS/Subspace, and not JUST trenchwars.
        TWLD Finals Champion Season 12
        TWLJ Finals Champion Season 12
        TWEL Warbird Champion: Season 4

Primordial> How many time for ld

Comment

It is dead.
          Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
          i just wish it was longer
          Originally posted by Cops
          it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Cylor View Post
            It is dead.
            Its not just the old version that won those awards is dead this one isnt tho. ->http://mpogd.com/games/game.asp?ID=4032

Comment

we need more links, more voting sites...
              and more votes.

and it was the trinkets that kept me happy : (
              The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
              SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

someone just has to grow a nut or two and do something. every once and a while i see things turned off to spark more intrest in an event or something. more of that needs to happen, but in the right direction. such as not shutting down things for zombies or prodem or crap like that. shut it down for events that actually promote league play. what made me want to get decent back in the day: watching good players play leagues.

the way to make a person get good: have an easily accessible yet competitive way to combine a bunch of people. there were always 2 arenas that i used to do that back in the day: ?go deathmatch, ?go elim

stop hosting screwball events all the time. deathmatch was fun 2 ways. 2 big teams (of only wbs) duking it out till one won OR multi teams of 3-4-5-n players (also only using wb). those dont get hosted anymore. if the arena does get used, its for supersharks or something stupid.

ditch the ?go javs arena... or at least the bots in it... and combine the elim arenas again. get rid of randoms and have it alternate between wb to 10 then jav to 10 or wb to 5 then jav to 5. let the amount of deaths be determined by how many people are in the game (not just spec). just cap the low end at 5 and the upper at 10, then you will have alternating games of wb to whatever then javs to whatever. the more popular one will take longer and get more people out of spec. the less popular will take shorter and not as long (if you dont feel like playing that ship, wait in spec. the more of you in spec the fewer deaths-down to 5-the players in will recieve)

EDIT: on the banning situation. i didnt know that many people were being banned every day. lots. id assume most of those are for spamming/racism or something though. in my opinion, if someone who has been playing for years spams racism or something, drop the hammer. boot them out for a while, they know better. go a bit looser on the new guys till they realize not to do that and noone really cares anyways. give them an extra warning or something. ofcourse i may be completely false in this, and the bannings are all from 10 cheaters a day. in which case screw em, new and old. kbye
                Last edited by Zeebu; 11-13-2007, 05:10 PM.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King View Post
                  sorry, what i meant by advertising is advertising for the game as a whole. by collaborating with the other zones maybe we could encourage players to try other zones and just get as many funds as possible and set up some adverts for sites like www.getcontinuum.com or whatever.
                  Originally posted by turmio
                  jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                  Originally posted by grand
                  I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...110#post605110 <--please add input!!

this is not only an attempt to end controversy over pubs, but it could help make the game more fun for newcomers and possibly contribute a small amount to gaining more population!

Comment

Working...
                    X