Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that staff host events, take cheater calls, run leagues and such, and while those quotas need to be reached, it definitely sounds like they are too busy for base/wbduel/javduel and such, seeing as there are no quotas for how many games are started.

But the thing is, when this zone used to be more popular, there were more players, and also (probably) more enthusiastic staff because of this. Wbduel/javduel/base games don't seem to be at all a primary issue anymore, and it's sad because now it looks like some staff don't give two shits about them.

Originally posted by Aquatiq
    "We don't have to start your little 5v5 scrimmage."
    We know you don't, but as staff I don't think players should be approached like this. We know you're stating the facts, but if you took some time to think about this in the perspective of others who aren't staff, then maybe you wouldn't be negative about it.

Staff, if you can't maintain the initiation of games in these arenas, you should either:

1. Hire more staff members or grant powers to those who are active, sensible and responsible players who can start these games.
    2. Automate these arenas to detect the presence of at least 8 players who are not on the !notplaying frequency, assign captains automatically and thus start a game.

I'm not saying staff haven't got their priorities straight or anything, and we know these arenas are probably the least of your worries, but if you can't hold some responsibility for such aspects of the zone, you should really question your positions as staff members in Trench Wars.
    (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
    5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
    1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
    1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Comment

ok so i read somewhere in here to call staff early for wbduel i called at 44-25 and this is response i get

Bounty> yeah it wastes our time sitting here waiting for it to be ovr
      Last edited by Xp.; 10-13-2008, 04:33 AM.

Comment

what?
        Originally Posted by HeavenSent
        You won't have to wait another 4 years.
        There wont be another election for president.
        Obama is the Omega President.
        http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Why do you have to call staff early? We may have other stuff to do (watching teamkillers for example), So just make a help call (!request ) when a game has ended.
          https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
          1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
          1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
          1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
          1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
          1:soild>they can say what they like
          1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
          1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by Soilderz View Post
            Why do you have to call staff early? We may have other stuff to do (watching teamkillers for example), So just make a help call (!request ) when a game has ended.
            those damn pesky teamkillers! because they are the most important things to worry about in this game! fuck you teamkillers! go die like your scrum teammates in pub! Die a terrible yellow dot bomb death! teamkillers are the new cheat engines of the world! rwwaaaarrrr teamkilling is just terrible! the worst possible offense to ban someone for in teh world! all teamkillers should be lifebanned forever! such a terrible thing!

yes we understand staff, your too "busy" watching those evil teamkillers to do other productive things, because teamkilling is the most important thing to watch by far, i mean think how boring public would be if teamkilling was just allowed like that, i mean horry cow -_- tehy wud ownz all are base that we already ownz and ten we wud still ownz teh base
            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Soilderz View Post

Yeah thats exactly what I meant by wasting our time being called before the match is over, there is lots going on in the zone other than wbduel. I showed up THE SECOND the call was made and a match was still running, go figure.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bounty View Post
                Yeah thats exactly what I meant by wasting our time being called before the match is over, there is lots going on in the zone other than wbduel. I showed up THE SECOND the call was made and a match was still running, go figure.
                who wastes your time? spending time watching teamkillers is a waste of time

banning people for racism is a waste of time

hosting an event for the core players of the game that keep it alive so you can be staff on this game is not a waste of time

doing your job as a staff member is not a waste of time

afking on a staff name is a waste of time

acting like your too "busy" when your not doing anything is a waste of time

you being staff while not doing anything is a waste of time

actually responding to a help call is not a waste of time

handing out warnings/bans for players who use ?help instead of eventbot is a waste of time
                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Krazie_Killer View Post
                  Request the start a bit before game over, that way, a staff member will have time to react.

also, use eventbot.

well that is the post i was going off of....Starting Wbduel > Watching for Teamkills in pub gg

Comment

Yes it so common that we dont come and start a wbduel when requested.
                    https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                    1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                    1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                    1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                    1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                    1:soild>they can say what they like
                    1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                    1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

The real question is why havent the bots been programmed to start themselves after a game yet. Is it really that hard to make the bot set the first 2 people who say captain, to captain?

Anyone who has played javduel or wbduel or base knows how quickly it can go from 20 people in arena after a game, to 6 people in arena 5 minutes after a game. People in this zone are dumb, they rather go sit in an arena that no events are hosted in, than sit in one and wait for more people to come. They always expect other people to go and wait for them, and they'll just come in last minute.

Comment

Originally posted by riske View Post
                        The real question is why havent the bots been programmed to start themselves after a game yet. Is it really that hard to make the bot set the first 2 people who say captain, to captain?

Anyone who has played javduel or wbduel or base knows how quickly it can go from 20 people in arena after a game, to 6 people in arena 5 minutes after a game. People in this zone are dumb, they rather go sit in an arena that no events are hosted in, than sit in one and wait for more people to come. They always expect other people to go and wait for them, and they'll just come in last minute.

I Agree riske there should b a bot developed so players can start themselves but incase u havent noticed there are only like 2 bot developers in tw and they are piled up to there heads in work...

Comment

Originally posted by Xp. View Post
                          I Agree riske there should b a bot developed so players can start themselves but incase u havent noticed there are only like 2 bot developers in tw and they are piled up to there heads in work...
                          the idea for public started (everyone in zone with bot powers) wbduel/base match games were turned down already.
                          Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                          2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                          2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

There is a huge difference in everyone having powers, and a bot being automated.

Tourny doesnt need someone to start it after every round, why should any of the other, more often used games not?

Comment

Originally posted by riske View Post
                              There is a huge difference in everyone having powers, and a bot being automated.

Tourny doesnt need someone to start it after every round, why should any of the other, more often used games not?
                              LOL speaking of bot powers i see goddess and killah with wbduel powers... what is staff handing this stuff out to everyone who asks???? ohh ohh me next!

Comment

Originally posted by The Unliked One... View Post
                                Hire JabJabJab

'nuff said.. afk
                                |
                                |
                                |
                                |
                                |
                                V

Originally posted by The Unliked One... View Post
                                Hire Sertifi

'nuff said.. afk
                                COUGH
                                The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                                SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Working...
                                X