Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pub Map!

Hello,

Vote on how you like the map done by unliiked(the dual entrance map) and the original map.
    The original map
    52.99%
    The new style map with dual entrances
    47.01%

The poll is expired.

I think the new map sucks because you have to watchout all around you which is annoying and there's too many damn javs!

Comment

the silent majority will want the new map but wont come here and vote because they wont minimize the game, click the link, go through a registration process, confirm email, wait approval, then vote. ever heard of an open message board?

only those regulars here who are a minority will all vote old map, because they are very boring and weird people. they wouuldnt even do something like make one in every 300 greens give a prize or add expensive items to the safe store. they are bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by Tone View Post
        the silent majority will want the new map but wont come here and vote because they wont minimize the game, click the link, go through a registration process, confirm email, wait approval, then vote.
        frankly i wouldn't either, after some of the horror stories i've heard from players trying to get the admin to approve their accounts.

anyway, the new map was a step in the right direction but some key things made it fall on its face.
        Originally posted by Tone
        It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
        Originally posted by the_paul
        Gargle battery acid fuckface
        Originally posted by Material Girl
        I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

I enjoyed the new map greatly. It actually got me playing pub again. Now that's it's back to the old one I don't play... already had my fill of the old one over the years.
          sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
          1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

I've enjoyed them both and enjoy when staff switches maps.
            Originally posted by Dr. Snyder
            I think pure pubs started the problem but regardless it looks like the LTers have died out so why doesn't anyone come up with an idea soley based on bring the newbs to this game. Fuck the vets this zone is dying cause people who have been playing to long can't stand change. Because this zone is some teri shivo shit right now and I gots no problem with knifing babies but leave the bitch alone.

Comment

The newer map by Unliked was more LT friendly, which have always been a big part of the public community. If I'm not mistaken either, there were more people hunting LTs together in groups (in the non pure pub) and more flagroom fights (in pure pub) than with this older map. The map could be cleaned up a lot more, but it improved the essence of TW. Not to mention it also brought some older players back to pub to fool around more than the older map, since they have already been there and done that.
              sigpic

Comment

BORING

make t he game less boring, add things that cost 50,000 points, make points less boring.

do weird things like switch maps back and forth every few days, change settings every few days then back. play around with it all the time, spice it up. make some weird map that has a tube that goes all the way down to Z and twists around up to A sectors and goes back into the regular area.

whatever, just be less boring and inhibited. the system ops should not have anxiety and panic about doing things like that, and be less dull and boring. If you feel to dead inside to play around with things like this, try drinking a red bull or something. be less boring.

in otherwords, whatever you do (youll think of something), would still be 1% or less than what extreme games is, trenchwars would still be 99% close to original trenchwars and nothing like extreme games, which has power ups every green and crazy settings.

Comment

tone honestly gave some good ideas on how to improve some pub things without changing a lot of necessary items

but the sad part is, the pubbers that liked the pub map, will probably not be registered to vote by the time this ends, nor would they care to enter in our forums.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kahlan View Post
                    I enjoyed the new map greatly. It actually got me playing pub again. Now that's it's back to the old one I don't play... already had my fill of the old one over the years.
                    i agree, plus if i ever feel nostalgic i can go base or bd or somthing

EDIT : if you do switch, leave a pub arena like "original" or somthing with old pub map in it
                    (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
                    (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
                    (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
                    (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
                    (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

pub players don't need the forums, you know. they're actually quite sociable, so you're free to emerge from your #caves, go to the pubs and TALK TO THEM to get some opinions. that would require actual effort, though, which is something i know most of you tag-toting waterheads won't put forth.
                      Originally posted by Tone
                      It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                      Originally posted by the_paul
                      Gargle battery acid fuckface
                      Originally posted by Material Girl
                      I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

At first the duel entrance map was a pain in the butt. Learning how to manuver was annoying at first but it was in place long enough to get the hang of it.

Upon seeing the original map back in place my intial reaction was one of dissappointment. The original is too original it has no features that are nothing but boring to me know. (First played: 1-12-2006)

Change is good. Keep the duel entrance map. Make some minor tweeks if the basers want things more like the original, its good the way it is when lt'ing.

Comment

who the fuck sneezed on pub? clean this shit up, it's like sea world in here.

Comment

the colors on tileset should be supported by 8bit color settings

i dont know why noone else is complaining about this

Comment

Duel entrances "waters down" the significance of occupying fr.. No longer can a skilled and well balanced freq hold fr for any considerable amount of time..
                              This may lead to more fr fights but they are meaningless when you have terrs popping up left, right and centre.

How about just have pure pub as the old style?.. This would accommodate both arguments and leave a stepping stone between pub and ?go base...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X