No announcement yet.

Pub Map!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the way the zones (Continuum) is set up, all the pubs have to be identical in settings and map. There is no possible way to have one map for one pub, then another for the next. There have been suggestions of moving pure pub to like ?go purepub or something, and leaving pub maps without purepub going on, while raising the limit of pub, to maybe have one or two large pubs, rather than 3 sometimes.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Left_Eye View Post
      raising the limit of pub
      yes, pubs allways full when u want to play

Comment

My vote is still for the new spaceybase

On the TWDEV server there is a map called ?go spaceybase.

I don't think it was ever even tested because Moot was getting tired at that point or something, I don't know.

I still think it's the ultimate new pub map. Just the right amount of differences without going crazy.

NOTE: There is a ?go spaceybase on the regular live server, but it is not the version that should be considered for pub. Go to the TWDEV server and check out ?go spaceybase. If you look at the feedback we have from the new pub test arena, I think you will see spaceybase fits the bill.

(and yes, it's my base) :grin:

Comment

I have a new map as well that has been tested and is functional for pub. many old style shots remain as well as many new ones. but my tiles are PHAIL compared to the TUO map 8(.
          ?find dads revenge

Comment

i play public sometimes, im elite at ship number esc S, sometimes when im feeling real frisky ill get 200 bounty and then get bored

but anyway, i never go in base in public i always fly in bottem part

make the map different so that the bottem part is like a deathmatch/dd/ld style map for the wbs to screw around in, cuz its too small
            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Left_Eye View Post
              With the way the zones (Continuum) is set up, all the pubs have to be identical in settings and map. There is no possible way to have one map for one pub, then another for the next. There have been suggestions of moving pure pub to like ?go purepub or something, and leaving pub maps without purepub going on, while raising the limit of pub, to maybe have one or two large pubs, rather than 3 sometimes.
              It is possible to do that but not easy, Ikrit or d1s explained in a while back. Having a seperate sub arena for pure public was tried and failed (not as bad a WBS but close). I think the map Unliked made needs some corrections and could potentially be used again in the future, the larger arena of the base overall could acomidate a larger population cap also. Unless the levi situation can be deterred through the map on its own a pure pub will always have to exist.

Comment

The new map, IF there are going to be minor changes implemented and the need for them discussed, in that it isn't going to be left to rot for ten years (which it probably isn't but just asserting my opinion).

+lting
                +larger flagroom

-gameplay isn't quite that optimized with the side entrances in my opinion, it is change (+) but fast-paced basing might, in a way, get a bit chaotic when people learn to effectively utilise the side entrances and various strategies associated therewith (ports etc.) during attacking, especially with multiple terrs on purepub.
                The main thing seems to me to be that the side entrances aren't exactly made to be something to defend; they are pretty fast to get through with lucky timing. Luck plays too important a role there, since getting through often depends on whether a lot of people are detaching at the same time to quickly come defend. People who want kills and a fight won't camp the sides, instead they'll go line up on the roof spots that allow shooting to mid or just proceed to mid themselves through the main entrance.
                Perhaps it all comes down to the question of wanting more flagroom battles or not. They certainly are more fun with the larger fr IMO. The side entrances are also better for more casual pub basing: you can't just lay a single mine in the cram to block the entire fr.
                -the colors are a bit off my liking

Overall I really like the new map and would like to see it kept. Maybe you could also periodically try a new map as has been suggested earlier. And raise the limit to 45 or so.

Comment

I went to pub and asked and I got many mixed oppinios.

soild <ZH>> Guuyyss... What kind of map do you like the most? This the orginal one or a new style of map,Like with dual entrances?

Mobey> new style

115> old!

xl12570> THIS CURRENT OEN (Orginal)

TagMor> original

Teh Super> well this is boring (<-Orginal)

rawrfull> new one was more fair in terms of base entry

Irrupt> Original one has been around to long.Let it go,It sucks

fableman> solid I prefer this the original

x_Player1_> the other one was interesting.. with a nice tileset too
                  x_Player1_> I wonder how this one would look just with the other tileset

TagMor> the new one will kill basing

AngelGirl> what I hated about the new style was everybody would safelame with levs
                  AngelGirl> you could just stray bombs all over the map from safe

Also, PMed some guys.
                  Mighty Boo> The one they used for the past month or so is better I think

Puma9> like this one(Orginal)

By Myself> don't really mind so long as the lay out of the map does not change dramaticly
                  Last edited by Soilderz; 05-01-2008, 07:15 AM.
                  https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                  1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                  1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                  1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                  1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                  1:soild>they can say what they like
                  1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                  1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Loved the new map. That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Very Invisible View Post
                      I think the new map sucks because you have to watchout all around you which is annoying and there's too many damn javs!
                      Heaven forbid you have to learn to become aware of your surroundings!
                      duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Originally posted by PH View Post
                        frankly i wouldn't either, after some of the horror stories i've heard from players trying to get the admin to approve their accounts.
                        mr_flab still has his account disbaled because people think he is me
                        Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                        Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Why not keep one map the old style(one with roboboy) and the others can be the new duel entrance map.

Comment

Originally posted by PH View Post
                            frankly i wouldn't either, after some of the horror stories i've heard from players trying to get the admin to approve their accounts.

anyway, the new map was a step in the right direction but some key things made it fall on its face.
                            yea kim has IT under CONTROL, control freakz

like my wife for some reason tried to make an account on here and messaged kim 3 days ago and still hasnt been approved, i guess SHE thinks its me trying to make another account lol, she plays pub but cant enter the forums cuz kim is a douchebag and has to control the forums like it matters or something

Comment

Originally posted by Astrogirl View Post
                              I've enjoyed them both and enjoy when staff switches maps.
                              this^

I think the newer map had its ups and downs : (+) i like lower base a lot more than the old map since it's now more useful. Better tileset and safes (-) too many single blocks makes things i really liked about the old map difficult -- mainly the blocks at the top of the tube. The 2nd side entrance to midbase is also kinda useless, it could be improved but idk how.

Also, a lot of what tone said about pub would be nice (not quite as extreme)
                              I'd like to be able to do more with my points than green for LT.
                              .fffffffff_____
                              .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                              .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                              .fffffff\______/
                              .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                              .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                              .fffff\________/
                              .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                              .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                              .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                              .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                              .fff\__________/

Comment

Too many people cram into the FR on the new pub map and you know what usually happens?

A jav uses his rocket, actually, about 4 Javs rocket and just shoot bombs randomly.

Not even any competition, plus you need to limit the jav numbers to a smaller number so there isn't all that bs.

It's annoying as hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X