Staff: elections and axing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staff: elections and axing

Current staff lacks any form of democracy. We as the people have no influence in who gets on staff and who doesn't. There are no elections, there is no control system in which 'we' can axe staffers or correct decisions made by staff.

I'd like to start a petition to remove Cool Koen from staff.
    Last edited by Lame; 11-18-2008, 08:09 AM. Reason: Changing subject to cover thread
    Winner TWL-B Season 10 dicE / TWL-D Runners up
    Winner TWL-D Season 8 -Final-
    Winner TWT Season (?) Melee
    Winner TWDL Season 2 Scrotal's Horde!!

I too think this would be sweet!
    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

I don't think I can support axing cool koen if he followed the policies that staff has. Because if he did, we have to look higher up at the chain.
      When using wireless leads to a hundred day ban though, I think we should be consistent in our spartan measures. Then mistakes by moderators have to lead to instant removal from staff.
      You ate some priest porridge

Comment

I’m all for a more open and transparent staff with decisions making and other matters being done in the public domain but this voting thing is ridiculous. It is completely unworkable and turns staff into a popularity contest rather than who would make the best staffers.

Also any BanG op is going to receive negative press from the people they have banned and the friends and the squads affected, but there are idiots out there that cheat and need banned.

So what you can have is the majority not really caring and not voting and peer squad groups voting as one to fix and rig any sort of voting system.

And without giving a single reason for naming CK this deserves to be in trash talk rather than staff forums as you are singling out a staff member rather than putting forward a valid idea.

I do think the public should have more of a say and input and staff should show them more respect rather than some old boys club which a lot of staff former and present treat it as rather than serving the community.
        In my world,
        I am King

sigpic

Comment

Screw democracy!
          https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
          1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
          1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
          1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
          1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
          1:soild>they can say what they like
          1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
          1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

already tried

few months back i did a thread about this idea but it seemed that although there was some interest, it would become function that becomes abused and staff is likely to get worse. i really do agree that there sould be a way for staff to subject to democracy but you work it out.
            ref: http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=33787
            Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it's not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. it's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.:fear:

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure Drop View Post
              I’m all for a more open and transparent staff with decisions making and other matters being done in the public domain but this voting thing is ridiculous. It is completely unworkable and turns staff into a popularity contest rather than who would make the best staffers.

Also any BanG op is going to receive negative press from the people they have banned and the friends and the squads affected, but there are idiots out there that cheat and need banned.

So what you can have is the majority not really caring and not voting and peer squad groups voting as one to fix and rig any sort of voting system.

And without giving a single reason for naming CK this deserves to be in trash talk rather than staff forums as you are singling out a staff member rather than putting forward a valid idea.

I do think the public should have more of a say and input and staff should show them more respect rather than some old boys club which a lot of staff former and present treat it as rather than serving the community.
              Thing about CK now is that there actually are many players who feels that there is a valid reason to have him removed from the position he has today. Knowing that someone like CK can just throw out bans with the only proof is what he claims he saw isn't something that goes in favor of being active for my sake. What's stopping him from banning me for 100 days because he claims he saw me pulling the plug?
              Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Staff has already become too democratic. Complaints about staffers are taken seriously enough. People will complain no matter what system we use.

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure Drop View Post

The CK thing is just a provokative statement to start a discussion. Even if Pjotter is rightfully banned, I would say that the community sees no need in banning a loyal member of our community for 100 days. We as the community need to have a platform in which our opinion does count. Staff should not be able to ignore the voice of the public. Weaver could be right that people might be complaining over a lot of issues, but that's only because staff is messing up a lot of things. Maybe it would help if they wouldn't be acting like dictators and being inconsistent.
                  Winner TWL-B Season 10 dicE / TWL-D Runners up
                  Winner TWL-D Season 8 -Final-
                  Winner TWT Season (?) Melee
                  Winner TWDL Season 2 Scrotal's Horde!!

Comment

I was actually thinking about this last week, how different staff would be if it was subject to elections. And the conclusion I came to was this: it would be a total shit show.
                    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                    Message has been sent to online moderators
                    2:BLeeN> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>no
                    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                    2:BLeeN> ok then no
                    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

i nominate myself with genocidal as my running mate.

seriously though axe lea, he's an abusive fuck.
                      Originally posted by turmio
                      jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                      Originally posted by grand
                      I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

just take a look around in pub, elim or whatever-arena really and you'll come to the conclusion: this won't work.

Comment

democracy not needed

what is needed is what was said, transparency

decisions should be documented and then the staff member that made it should be held accountable.

when a complaint that makes sense is brought up, be a little more public about answering it.

also, if a staff member fucks up and it affects the public somehow, it should be known and acknowledged to all of us (and especially who did it)

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                            democracy not needed

what is needed is what was said, transparency

decisions should be documented and then the staff member that made it should be held accountable.

when a complaint that makes sense is brought up, be a little more public about answering it.

also, if a staff member fucks up and it affects the public somehow, it should be known and acknowledged to all of us (and especially who did it)
                            this
                            7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
                            7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
                            7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
                            7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
                            1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

we cant have elections ignite would pay everoyne for a vote and run tw.
                              7:RoDNeY> u dont know what afk means u think it means the arab way of saying KFC

Comment

Working...
                              X