Kill Distension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you kill Distension (part II)
    1. I, and many others will log much less time into TW, period. We want to play distension, and if you don't want to let us play, we aren't going to play other stuff just to appease you. In fact, many people already stupidly boycott events when distension goes down.. something i don't agree with, but it's happening already.
    2. We'll pretty much lose faith in staff, and any hope of adding something to TW ever. One of the cooler things when it started was that Dugwyler was supposedly not part of the staff, so it was a player creation. While it turned out he was, most of what he was doing could have been done by the individual player (i think at least). We'll understand that if it's not an extension of TWD/L, elims, or the pubs, it's not welcome in TW. At that point, many players will not feel welcome in TW.
    3. If you "banish" distension to another zone, where do you think the players are going to go? There not going to ?go elimbeta, they're going to leave TW, and go the the Distension Zone. GG guys, you've now not only removed them from the TW mainstream, you've removed them entirely. Have fun with your 100 members in TW; we'll be content with our 50-80. Complaining much about dds? Well you're gonna have a harder time getting someone to cross zones to play then to just wait for them to finish playing distension or leave the arena for a bit. This is probably the most xenophobic and ignorant response, to dismiss it.
    4. puppies and kitties will die (
    .fffffffff_____
    .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
    .ffffff|ff __fffff|
    .fffffff\______/
    .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
    .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
    .fffff\________/
    .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
    .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
    .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
    .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
    .fff\__________/

Comment

Distension won't be "killed", but feel free to think up ideas how to best utilize it in the zone (including limiting it). If this proceeds as a "kill dist" thread it will be locked, because that just isn't happening under any circumstances.

Comment

But it is a kill distension thread.. in fact its name is kill distension.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

In my opinion Distension should be running on WEEKDAYS instead of WEEKENDS. Scheduled times (3AM - 7AM EST & 5PM - 9PM EST, purrrrrrrrrhaps).

On Weekends players could log on for some quality events, watch TWL and play Elim, BElim, WBDuel, Base, JavDuel etc. Oh and attend for Weekend events, ofcourse! :wub:

Comment

Originally posted by Downfall View Post
            title was to get ppl here. Ok since distension has been on tw population has been in mid 200's which has dropped. There are a shit load of ppl whining about distension and there are those who are playing it every second it is on.

1. Make it during weekends only so distension ppl can come online during weekend and play it instead of all fuckin week at random times.

2. Make distension Pub so it will always be on and people will fucking get bored of it and not play it 24/7 and actually play twd.

3. Whys tw only server with biller lag?
            1- yes
            2- fuck no
            3- distension killed bots which fucked my squad out of 40 dd points, only 1 kill left in the 2nd round ...
            Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
            2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
            2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

People are right, Distentsion needs to be managed a HELL of a lot better. You guys on staff are proud, happy with the new creation - we get it. Point is, it isn't the future of TW, and if it is, that's sad. The reason people have stayed this long is the community/TWD/TWL. If you start making increased sects in the community, right as TWL is starting, and pull people away? In my opinion, distentsion shouldn't of been started at all so close to TWL. You should of waited until the off-season, kept your eyes on fixing TWL-site, getting that running and going before throwing yet ANOTHER thing into the mix that staff is going to need to upkeep.

You guys need to get your priorities set, and stick to them. Seriously. Lower the frequency of distentsion hosting severly. Otherwise it's going to be like a kid being told he can eat all the chocolate he wants. At first it's going to kick ass, but a few months down the line - he's never going to want to touch chocolate again. Like Lem said, SET distentsion times so everyone can play. Not just the few people that follow HMS and co. around like puppies begging for it to be hosted at 2am so they can gain experience while everyone else is MIA. I'd suggest Moday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday be alright days, leave Friday, Sat andSun for TWL.
              7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
              7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
              7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
              7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
              1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

capital not informed that distension is player created...?
                The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

sheesh this shit sounds like a clusterfuck

it seems like the people who are really upset about the inevitability of TW dying are trying to latch onto distention like it's the only hope for TW

lemme start off by saying I haven't seriously played subspace since I was like 15, and even then it was for another zone. I just came to TW to fuck around, and never got entrenched (lol) into the sholw squad dynamic of trench wars.

I haven't played distention, and with the amount of bitching going on, I truly hope it's fun. From what it sounds like though, it doesn't seem like something that will attract and keep new players. I understand some vets love it and what not, but as it's been mentioned before, new players aren't going to want to come in and read a bunch of instructions, or see people in lvl 35 ships crushing the shit out of them.

Facing facts, this game is boring as shit- honestly, it's the community that keeps people coming back. Whatever happens to pub (I agree settings should be tweaked, but I don't know exactly what should be adjusted)- it needs to be intuitive and like wark was saying, have as little automation as possible. Community is what keeps this game alive, and having a shit ton of bots or instructions to read is going to bore new players faster than you can believe, especially with the competition this game has going against it.

Look at all the games out, for all the systems. Consoles are popping up in every major household and people are able to download their nostalgic favorites and play them right there- they aren't going to want to waste time on this game without good reason, because it honestly looks like shit.

I doubt the community will fully agree on what needs to be done, but I think the core gameplay should stay simple, while creating social/ status attachments to make the player come back for more. And not shit like ship levels where you can show off your e-dick by throwing more hours in front of the computer screen, fire up some squad rivalries and contests and shit-talking.

So after still not being able to go to sleep, I'm basically going to agree with wark here. Go figure.
                  My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

obviously we need to take the entire community and move it to wow like it's the irish potato famine
                    Originally posted by paradise!
                    pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
                    1:Reaver> HALP
                    1:Reaver> HELELP
                    1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
                    1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

distension is useless and lags up the billing server
                      pls get rid of it asap
                      1:Da1andonly> korven plays subspace from a 1978 microwave

Grab a piece of paper. Place a dot in the middle of it. Draw a small circle around the dot, and leave the rest open. The dot represents your knowledge. It's what you know. It is the limit of your mind's capacity. The circle around the dot is everything that you don't know - but you know that it exists. And the rest of the paper is everything that you didn't even know that you'd never know - that exists or has the potential to exist.

Comment

Distension doesn't influence the billing server per se.
                        Maverick
                        Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                        Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
                        Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
                        Subspace Statistics Administrator
                        Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

I like how everyones anti-distension argument comes down to

"People used to like <insert my event/arena/league here>, but im a hardcore <insert my event/arena/league here> player, and i dont want something more fun than <insert my event/arena/league here> to surface and take away from <insert my event/arena/league here>."

Boo-fucking-hoo. TWD/TWL is not the main focus of trenchwars. It never has been. It never will be. Get. Over. It.

If you dont like that people want to play distension more than twd/twl/pub/staff hosted events, then go take your time somewhere else, those of us who like distension are tired of your bitching and moaning just because you refuse to accept change.

EDIT: by the way hate the fake, we owned Devest in a dd last night. Good game.
                          Cheese!> 13 in base is enough for a 7v7

Comment

Originally posted by dako View Post
                            Boo-fucking-hoo. TWD/TWL is not the main focus of trenchwars. It never has been. It never will be. Get. Over. It.
                            i hope youve certainly played a good deal longer than your forum join date shows (im talking 7 or 8 year range at the very least)

if not, then dont say such a stupid statement

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

6 years. Almost 7 methinks.

Either way, how many people total get to play twl? The number is more than likely close to 100. I've been there and back. At least everyone gets an opportunity to play distension, it isn't some elitist microsociety where all your "leet" friends join one freq and demolish the level 1 newbies.

I've played plenty of DDs/JDs/a few BDs since distension as been going on, at the very max of its scheduling its still on for 25% of the day.

TWD is available 24/7, distension is available 6 hours a day for 5 days a week, and you want to kill it?
                              Last edited by dako; 12-03-2008, 11:22 AM.
                              Cheese!> 13 in base is enough for a 7v7

Comment

Originally posted by dako View Post
                                6 years. Almost 7 methinks.

Either way, how many people total get to play twl? The number is more than likely close to 100. I've been there and back.

I've played plenty of DDs/JDs/a few BDs since distension as been going on, at the very max of its scheduling its still on for 25% of the day.

TWD is available 24/7, distension is available 6 hours a day for 5 days a week, and you want to kill it?
                                i said nothing about killing.

i have a few concerns though.

one of them. when distension is hosted, is it putting a larger burden on the biller or anything? it seems that things are far more laggy as of late on that side of things. please no avoidance comment or anything like that. so, just wondering:
                                1) does the act of distension being hosted lead to the biller lagging beyond normal times
                                2) is there a general increase of biller lag or general lag when distension is hosted versus any other time when youd normally gather 60 or 70 people in an arena?

another one: more of a comment of agreement here though...
                                i would like to see distension not hosted on the weekends. or at least definately not during twl (i dont think this is planned on anyways though)

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X