No announcement yet.

Resolution Limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has this been changed yet? If not we need to get on the ball. Me and a few of my friends don't even visit this zone anymore because of screwed up res limits that make the game unplayable on widescreen monitors. Someone please tell me it has atleast gone up to 1440x900?
    Indulgence

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
      Has this been changed yet? If not we need to get on the ball. Me and a few of my friends don't even visit this zone anymore because of screwed up res limits that make the game unplayable on widescreen monitors. Someone please tell me it has atleast gone up to 1440x900?
      Yeah you can use 1440x900 in TWD now (and most other arenas I believe) so come back to the zone and brings your friends

Comment

Any chance they may allow 1440x900 for TWL? I mean - it's pointless to prac TWD on that res if you can't actually use it for TWL in the end of the day.
        2:blood> i think vt is a terrible player to be honest
        2:vt> what makes you think i am terrible
        2:blood> irrefutable empirical evidence

Comment

well, anytime i went to an arena that was still set to 1280x1024 i would tell Pure_luck if he was online about it and by the next day the limit was changed to 1440x1024.... so all it takes is u asking the sysop instead of crying on the forums, vt. btw nice 2-8 4-10 and 5-10 vs epidemic last night! Jones> You did Gr8

Comment

At least I didn't get axed from epidemic for being useless like you.
            2:blood> i think vt is a terrible player to be honest
            2:vt> what makes you think i am terrible
            2:blood> irrefutable empirical evidence

Comment

Raising Res. Limits

Resolution limits need to be raised particularly for those who play with 16:9 widescreen monitors. - I either have to play windowed or with whatever the opposite of widescreen bars would be at the left and right sides of my screen.. which sucks whenyou're playing full screen. I just think technologies changed and the game has to change with it, support higher resolutions - who says that everyone has to use them? Some players, or a lot of players I feel will maintain 1280x1024 res, but if you want to go higher or lower, why not?

I move to pass 1920x1080

and almost all arenas need to be lifted from initial settings, kinda sucks going into a hosted arena and getting d/c because not in proper resolution

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                Don't really need to raise, just accommodate for wide screen players.
                Completely agree here

Comment

When I was recruiting players from public to join my squad Play (in an attempt to get more players from pub participating in TWD) a MAJOR concern that I was coming across on a daily basis was the fact that the public arena allows a high resolution, and twd doesn't. The pulbic players are used to playing on a bigger resolution and then come to TWD where they have play on a lower one.

Why would they do that? They are having fun in public and if they venture outside of it then they have to change their resolution which changes their gameplay.

Anyways, I agree with the above comment. If we could make it more compatible with widescreen users, that perhaps would open the gate to allow pub players to enjoy TWD.

I personally don't care. I play on 1024-768 resolution, not because I have a small screen but because I just play better on that resolution.

Guess what, if someone can see me across the map I don't care. I'm going to get in your face and kill you anyways. It might make this game a bit harder for me, which might not be so bad

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

I agree with most the people that replied to this thread. Resolution should definitely be increased, by how much I am not sure. I hate having to adjust my screen from its native ratio when I get on to play a match. I am sure there are ways that people are getting around the cap anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Eww View Post
                      Resolution should definitely be increased, by how much I am not sure.
                      Well I'm saying don't put a cap on it. We are doing nothing but deterring new people from playing in twd. If we still had 500+ people logging on everyday, then we could be picky and have our resolution limits.

It's pretty obvious at this point that the resolution limits won't change. But I just wanted to get my 2 cents in.

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

Raise the limits, and maybe I'll play again. Until then, you'll have to make do without me. Good luck.

Comment

woohoo no res limits for elims
                          Guns dont kill people. Subpace does.

Comment

so is there no res limit for all areanas yet?
                            TWL14 semi finalist - Dark
                            2010 TWDTB+Overall Champion
                            TWLJ 13 Finalist - Boss
                            TWLB 12 Champion- Penetrate
                            cres> I am gr8 influence on curse life
                            Curse> "Anyone who vs me I will vs bak and destroy. it's like murdering someone but it's self defense". Qoute by crackheads.... "I swear I wasn't lieing! I was telling the truth in my own way!"

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../lethal777.jpg

Comment

no, shut the fuck up homos.
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

raise it

Comment

Working...
                                X