Resolution Limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nockm View Post
    Unrestrict all non-competitive arenas to say, 1920x1200.
    That

Comment

Like lem said, do a poll to see who has what resolution.

My 24" monitor supports 1920*1200 - I play 1280*1024 windowed and this is fine as it is the resolution I am used to for this god forsaken game, but hell im all for removing resolution in non-competitive arenas. Don't see the harm in trying it for a week in certain arena's then get feedback on forums of what people think of it.

On a sidenote I think vt is right that 1440*900 should be allowed in all arenas.
      2:Enf> some say he's been playing since 1998, others say he has the skill of someone who started playing yesterday.. all we know is that he's called Flion

1:Cap> Crunchy Nut> man ur sister is easier than that cone I got the other day

Comment

i would disagree because it seems the higher the resolutions the go, the more lag there is. Last thing any euro or australian needs
        Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
        2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
        2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

My lag is the same no matter what resolution I play at, always anywhere from 110-140, no res limit in svs and my lag is the same apart from the retarded server screwing me over sometimes.
          2:Enf> some say he's been playing since 1998, others say he has the skill of someone who started playing yesterday.. all we know is that he's called Flion

1:Cap> Crunchy Nut> man ur sister is easier than that cone I got the other day

Comment

Get with technology. I have a 24 inch widescreen. My desktop is set at 1920x1280. Why not raise resolution limit to something like 1600x1200?
            rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
            rEnZi> its crazy
            rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Public Statistics - Most Used Resolutions
              Maverick
              Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
              Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
              Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
              Subspace Statistics Administrator
              Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

(i can't read that graph atm, so i'm going out on a limb)

i have 2 monitors i can use right now, one's a 19" and the other's a 20 or 21".

both can display 1024x786

the 19" can display 1440x900, but not 1280x1024

the 20" can dispay 1680x1050, and 1280x1024, but not 1440x900

the point i'm trying to make is that if you're on the cusp of the new technology, you can't play the highest current res cap, but you can play one that's not fully supported.

if you're past that point with new technology, then it probably doesn't affect you as much.

This is probably why both people with and without good monitors play 1024x768.
                .fffffffff_____
                .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                .fffffff\______/
                .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                .fffff\________/
                .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                .fff\__________/

Comment

well i always had a 4:3 monitor but just got a 22" viewsonic with 16:9 and FULL HD 1080p. now, i can play in chaos zone with 1920x1080 yet tw still cant allow a fucking wide screen equivalent? windowd mode sucks ass and playing full screen with 1280x1024 is stretched to fuck and looks like shit, so allow the wide screen 1440-990 plz

Comment

Originally posted by HateTheFake View Post
                    i would disagree because it seems the higher the resolutions the go, the more lag there is. Last thing any euro or australian needs
                    lol u serious?

Comment

The resolution cap was set up when widescreens were not used, many years ago. Acoorcing to the graph, two groups: 1440x900 (purely pub players since that res is allowed) and (1280x800) are certainly widescreen users and it is likely they (including me) are limited because of the cap.

I re-request the addition of an equivalent, widescreen resolution (1440x900) to the list of available resolutions played in twd/twl. People with huge widescreen resolutions will have the ratio satisfied and we could make everyone happy.

Please proceed.
                      2:blood> i think vt is a terrible player to be honest
                      2:vt> what makes you think i am terrible
                      2:blood> irrefutable empirical evidence

Comment

Originally posted by veetee View Post
                        The resolution cap was set up when widescreens were not used, many years ago. Acoorcing to the graph, two groups: 1440x900 (purely pub players since that res is allowed) and (1280x800) are certainly widescreen users and it is likely they (including me) are limited because of the cap.

I re-request the addition of an equivalent, widescreen resolution (1440x900) to the list of available resolutions played in twd/twl. People with huge widescreen resolutions will have the ratio satisfied and we could make everyone happy.

Please proceed.
                        AGREED

and btw 1920x1080 res got me cruz.in last night for 1300 bty in chaos!

Comment

Allow the 1440x900 already... People protesting against it are not afraid of others gaining an advantage over them: They're scared 'cause then they'd lose the huge advantage gained by being stubborn.

At least in basing the wider aspect ratio would still be the one disadvantaged since it covers less area and both resolutions are wide enough to cover the whole flagroom. Most of the movement is up and down (attack/defence/cram/maintube). So in other words 1280x1024 is still better for basing than 1440x900.

The only places where 1440 will give a marginal advantage are warbird and jav dueling. However in warbird you should also be able to use your opponents 900 vertical to your advantage.

The zone should also be trying to attract new players. Widescreen monitors are becoming majority really fast. Do you think your average newbie will stick around if his first impression is a distorted view?
                          Originally posted by Diakka
                          Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

LOL wtf is this chickenshit bullshit?

I went in on a higher res and everything was so scrunched up...1450x900 is not an advantage in dds because primarily the hardest bullets to dodge are the ones already on your screen or off screen directly above/below you. If you notice now a lot of the better players will try and get themselves in a position where theyre shooting directly vertical/horizontal at you on radar because thats when you have the least time to respond to the bullet. further shrinking that buffer would make it much harder...
                            I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                            I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
                              playing full screen with 1280x1024 is stretched to fuck and looks like shit, so allow the wide screen 1440-990 plz
                              I've gotten used to that. I still vote for 1400 990
                              -Kawrae

Comment

I just got a new pc with a 16:10 widescreen aspect ratio (1650x1050) and I am unable to play continuum with it. It stretches everything out. When i fly to the left Im fast but when i go up my ship slows down. This sucks in dd's jds's bd's sd's belim elim.
                                I dont want to play at 1650x1050 but atleast give us a few resolutions for us widescreeners. And im sure there are a lot of ppl with a widescreen. Just check out the monthly steam hardware survey. About 41% of the steam users are using a widescreen resolution.

I would like to see these resolutions added after the league in every arena:

16:10 aspect ratio
                                1280 x 800 = 1024000
                                1440 x 900 = 1296000
                                1280 x 1024= 1310720 (added for comparison)

16:9 aspect ratio
                                1280 x 720 = 921600
                                1365 x 768 = 1049320
                                1280 x 1024= 1310720 (added for comparison)

As you can see 1280 x 1024 still is the highest resolution

Comment

Working...
                                X